What's new

Trail welder

I'd almost be nervous about getting the threads hot in the side post and having them melt out and leave your buddy stuck. I mean it shouldn't, but would suck if it did.
It sounds like it's that guy's problem to me. I don't run side post batteries because they're dumb. Nmfp

Even better I just realized that the cables that came with my bun bolt onto the little quick release battery clamps so I can probably just bolt the cables to the battery directly. :homer:
Capture.JPG
Jumper cables from the bum welder to the side post battery. If your buddy isn’t welding he can hold the clamps onto his battery.

has anyone had any experience with this welder?

FastWeld 24V Battery Powered Portable Welder Flux Cored Gasless Welder

Home FastWeld 24V Battery Powered Portable Welder Flux Cored Gasless Welder

Save $600.00
Original price$1,199.99

Current price$599.99
82205255-0F9A-4CD1-BAF6-28D4489BA6F6_934x700.png

9B28D955-DCF7-48FC-B1B4-C8988CB45E9E_525x700.png

C98EA29F-9CD2-47F1-9EE8-4B7C9474F55B_525x700.png

9229F8D4-695C-4274-B05F-BA032316725B_525x700.png

IMG_6350_323x700.png

255-0F9A-4CD1-BAF6-28D4489BA6F6_100x75_crop_center.png
D955-DCF7-48FC-B1B4-C8988CB45E9E_57x75_crop_center.png
A29F-9CD2-47F1-9EE8-4B7C9474F55B_57x75_crop_center.png
F8D4-695C-4274-B05F-BA032316725B_57x75_crop_center.png
IMG_6350_35x75_crop_center.png
5e6e6395c35.thumbnail.0000000000_43x75_crop_center.jpg

FastWeld 24V Battery Powered Portable Welder Flux Cored Gasless Welder​

by FastWeld

Save $600.00
Original price$1,199.99

Current price$599.99
Starting at $55/mo or 0% APR with Affirm. Learn more
4 interest-free installments, or from $54.15/mo with View sample plans
SKU FW-24
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10+ Quantity

Add to cart

shopify-app-logo.png

Share this:
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter Share on LinkedIn Pin on Pinterest
⚠️WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm
www.p65warnings.ca.gov

Portable. Light weight. Innovative. The FastWeld 24V Battery powered welder comes ready to weld anywhere! This 130 amp portable welder comes with a powerful lithium Ion Battery, a spool gun with adjustable wire speed, and a ground clamp which is everything you need to weld literally anywhere! Capable of welding up to 3/8" The welders spool gun is designed to run off of 71TGS Gasless Flux cored wire. The spool gun uses industry standard Tweco 11 series consumables and has a 10' lead. This Battery powered welder is perfect for farmers that need to repair equipment in the field, Off roaders who need to make a repair on the trail and so many others! FAST WELD!

Included with package

1-FastWeld 24V Battery Welder
1- Spool gun with 10' lead
1- Ground clamp with 10' lead
1- 71TGS .030 2lb spool
1 - Charger with 110V Plug

Runtime and set up

The FastWeld 24V has a run time of over 15 minutes not including idle time! Setting up the FastWeld portable welder is even easier. The connections on the welder are industry standard tweco style female connections with male connections on the ground clamp and spool gun. The spool gun also has a 4 pin connector that connects to the battery.

Applications:

Farm equipment repairs, Off-roading repairs, general household repairs, Fence repairs, automobile repairs, off shore repairs, etc

9B28D955-DCF7-48FC-B1B4-C8988CB45E9E_480x480.png

LCD Screen that shows battery capacity

9229F8D4-695C-4274-B05F-BA032316725B_480x480.png

Adjustable wire speed knob

has anyone had any experience with this welder?

Home FastWeld 24V Battery Powered Portable Welder Flux Cored Gasless Welder

Save $600.00
Original price$1,199.99

Current price$599.99

by FastWeld

Save $600.00
Original price$1,199.99

Current price$599.99
Starting at $55/mo or 0% APR with Affirm. Learn more
4 interest-free installments, or from $54.15/mo with View sample plans
SKU FW-24
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10+ Quantity

Add to cart

shopify-app-logo.png

Share this:
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter Share on LinkedIn Pin on Pinterest
⚠️WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm
www.p65warnings.ca.gov

Portable. Light weight. Innovative. The FastWeld 24V Battery powered welder comes ready to weld anywhere! This 130 amp portable welder comes with a powerful lithium Ion Battery, a spool gun with adjustable wire speed, and a ground clamp which is everything you need to weld literally anywhere! Capable of welding up to 3/8" The welders spool gun is designed to run off of 71TGS Gasless Flux cored wire. The spool gun uses industry standard Tweco 11 series consumables and has a 10' lead. This Battery powered welder is perfect for farmers that need to repair equipment in the field, Off roaders who need to make a repair on the trail and so many others! FAST WELD!

Included with package

1-FastWeld 24V Battery Welder
1- Spool gun with 10' lead
1- Ground clamp with 10' lead
1- 71TGS .030 2lb spool
1 - Charger with 110V Plug

Runtime and set up

The FastWeld 24V has a run time of over 15 minutes not including idle time! Setting up the FastWeld portable welder is even easier. The connections on the welder are industry standard tweco style female connections with male connections on the ground clamp and spool gun. The spool gun also has a 4 pin connector that connects to the battery.

Applications:

Farm equipment repairs, Off-roading repairs, general household repairs, Fence repairs, automobile repairs, off shore repairs, etc

LCD Screen that shows battery capacity

Adjustable wire speed knob
That thing is pretty cool!
Finally someone made something like my little ammo can welder I posted a few pages back.

Tech Write up. This is my first one so if anyone has feedback on it or ideas on how to make it better let me know and I'll update it. I wanted this to be easy enough to follow so anyone could build it.

I went directly to FBMP to look for a cheap welder. I then saw the HF welder is only $100 new. Flux 125 Welder I need another project like I need a hole in the head.
Torch
Motor and spool
Ground Clamp
pick your favorite case. If you can find one of those large 40mm grenade ammo cans it could fit.

You like spending 2big bronco money so much I thought I'd help spend yours. :flipoff2:

I also broke on Fordyce. Now I'll need a dual battery setup. I couldn't get my Gooloo 4000 to power the welder when I tried last night.

EDIT:
$50!!

Literally what I used if you're heading to Burbank any time soon.

Tech Write up. This is my first one so if anyone has feedback on it or ideas on how to make it better let me know and I'll update it. I wanted this to be easy enough to follow so anyone could build it.
That's cool man, I like it.

Might provide model numbers for parts in addition to links because Amazon changes around periodically. Lots of times following online guides I click links to Amazon and they are dead.

Figure 11 Wiring diagram is deep fried.

Torch
Motor and spool
Ground Clamp
pick your favorite case. If you can find one of those large 40mm grenade ammo cans it could fit.

You like spending 2big bronco money so much I thought I'd help spend yours. :flipoff2:

I also broke on Fordyce. Now I'll need a dual battery setup. I couldn't get my Gooloo 4000 to power the welder when I tried last night.

EDIT:
$50!!

Literally what I used if you're heading to Burbank any time soon.
If you care your jumper cable reference says 16ga. not 16ft-6ga.

MigGunslinger deep fried?
I tried to use broad names of parts in case links die. The part numbers aren't really specific. A Wire feeder, spool holder, and torch from any welder should work. Same thing with a 10 amp PWM controller and Anderson connector. I could look for part numbers on mine, but due to the age (welder not made anymore) it might not be possible to find them. I'm not even sure Harbor Freight sells them individually.

IowaOffRoad Thanks. I'll fix it.

I tried to use broad names of parts in case links die. The part numbers aren't really specific. A Wire feeder, spool holder, and torch from any welder should work. Same thing with a 10 amp PWM controller and Anderson connector. I could look for part numbers on mine, but due to the age (welder not made anymore) it might not be possible to find them. I'm not even sure Harbor Freight sells them individually.

IowaOffRoad Thanks. I'll fix it.
Good writeup. If you want to make any improvements you might do a better job with the wiring photos/schematic (there's some free CAD software out there that can help with that)

A couple reccomendations:
Add a multi-hole tarp strap screwed down to the inside to stow your cables/scrap metal. I can see where those bouncing around (especially the scrap metal) could cause damage when on the trail.
Something like this:
1711392374940.png

Or possibly build a divider into it utilizing the foam that comes with it.
Actually, I like that idea better.

Good work:beer:

yeah I thought about the scrap metal flopping around and causing a problem. The build I copied used some of those bins you find in the popular "packout" type containers. Spare nozzles, tips, maybe some electrical repair parts, etc.

EDIT: New link. I couldn't get updates to work.

I tried to use broad names of parts in case links die. The part numbers aren't really specific. A Wire feeder, spool holder, and torch from any welder should work. Same thing with a 10 amp PWM controller and Anderson connector. I could look for part numbers on mine, but due to the age (welder not made anymore) it might not be possible to find them. I'm not even sure Harbor Freight sells them individually
Understood, and if someone is making one of these they should be able to figure it out from those descriptions.

Deep fried = Slang for copied and modified so many times that it's almost unreadable.:lmao:

I like having an angle grinder, but I think I'd rather just use an M18 (or pick your favorite color) grinder. I usually pack a 1/2" impact, a grinder, and a couple batteries. If I go through more than a couple batteries, it's probably time to come up with a better plan.

Drill and step bit is also on the list, but it takes up space, and the impact and the grinder are already spinny things, seems like there should be a way to drill a hole with one of them. Google shows drill chucks for angle grinders, seems too fast. Step bit with a hex shaft and a socket on the impact gun? Seems worth trying.

I like having an angle grinder, but I think I'd rather just use an M18 (or pick your favorite color) grinder. I usually pack a 1/2" impact, a grinder, and a couple batteries. If I go through more than a couple batteries, it's probably time to come up with a better plan.

Drill and step bit is also on the list, but it takes up space, and the impact and the grinder are already spinny things, seems like there should be a way to drill a hole with one of them. Google shows drill chucks for angle grinders, seems too fast. Step bit with a hex shaft and a socket on the impact gun? Seems worth trying.

You might get luckybut chances are you would snap the hex part real quick. I like the jumper cable grinder idea as it could permanently stay in the welder case and chances are I wouldnt need one without the other. Hell do the same with a yardsale drill and keep them all togeather.

2big bronco it would maybe have to be a 12 volt cordless grinder. 24 volts might ruin an 18 volt. I’d have to watch some YouTube to figure out how a corded grinder works then try to convert it to battery power just like the welder.
Edit: I think it would require converting an AC motor to DC power and I’m not that electrically inclined.

2big bronco it would maybe have to be a 12 volt cordless grinder. 24 volts might ruin an 18 volt. I’d have to watch some YouTube to figure out how a corded grinder works then try to convert it to battery power just like the welder.
Edit: I think it would require converting an AC motor to DC power and I’m not that electrically inclined.

Im pretty sure 24v wouldnt hurt an 18v grinder... but im just pulling that out of my ass because 18v batteries have never hurt my kids 12v powerwheels

But ive also seen mini 12v angle grinders on amazon that use 3" discs

All the 18-20v stuff these days is actually ~20v. I wouldn’t worry about 20% over. 50% over would probably be the limit.
FYI fully charged my M12 stuff is 13 no load. It’s all a multiple of 3.7 +/- whatever they throw in parallel. There’s some weird combinations of batteries on stuff I’ve torn down.
The listed voltage is all marketing. Li-ion tools are like bike/quad engine cc’s

Sample weld from the build using an unknown brand 0.030 wire on 3/16 angle iron cut and prepped.

I typically weld left to right. This time I went right to left. I increased the speed and restarted. I’d say the blue line was about where the hour hand would be at 1:30.

IMG_1900.jpeg

All the 18-20v stuff these days is actually ~20v. I wouldn’t worry about 20% over. 50% over would probably be the limit.
FYI fully charged my M12 stuff is 13 no load. It’s all a multiple of 3.7 +/- whatever they throw in parallel. There’s some weird combinations of batteries on stuff I’ve torn down.
The listed voltage is all marketing. Li-ion tools are like bike/quad engine cc’s
Interesting. I have the M18 grinder and M18 1/2” impact so I personally wouldn’t need a 24 volt grinder. It could make for an interesting project.

I went directly to FBMP to look for a cheap welder. I then saw the HF welder is only $100 new. Flux 125 Welder I need another project like I need a hole in the head.
I have 2 homemade welders, I think I posted a pic here, they are in ammo cans with small batterers and I get 2'-3' of weld out them, but they started off as broken welders and are amazing to strap to a guy on a dirt bike and send to remote places.

BUT the reason I quoted Jeff is anyone used this welder? how shitty is it? I carry my portables in my motorhome but something small like this I might be able to just permanently mount it somewhere.

I have 2 homemade welders, I think I posted a pic here, they are in ammo cans with small batterers and I get 2'-3' of weld out them, but they started off as broken welders and are amazing to strap to a guy on a dirt bike and send to remote places.

BUT the reason I quoted Jeff is anyone used this welder? how shitty is it? I carry my portables in my motorhome but something small like this I might be able to just permanently mount it somewhere.
On that note, this thing is still really cheap ($150), and only weighs 15lb. I wonder how well it would run off of my HF 2000w generator. Would be a pretty slick trailer or RV toolbox setup.

Top Back Refresh