What's new

the un-official California idiocy uber thread

'Bout fucking time.

What will be their next line to get you to self-incriminate?

Potentially millions of California drivers have been asked the same simple question by an officer after being pulled over: “Do you know why I pulled you over?”

However, starting in January 2024, officers cannot start the interaction with that question and instead must state the purpose of the traffic stop before asking any other questions. The same goes for any stops conducted on a pedestrian.

Gov. Gavin Newsom signed AB 2773 in the fall of 2022 and goes into effect on Jan. 1.

'Bout fucking time.

What will be their next line to get you to self-incriminate?
Dumb….. I have been pulled over going 80+ mph more than once and the onset of the interaction was “clearly I pulled you over for speeding.” I was let off entirely once and the other was a legit fix it ticket for a missing front license plate (not a fix it and pay $15 ticket).

" Do you know what the speed limit is here ? " :eek: No more. :beer:

More reflective of you assholes and more likely for you COCKSUCKERS is

"Have you been drinking ? " :ghost:

Most departmental policies already require the officer to advise the person stopped why they were stopped. It's safer for the officer to tell them up front so they don't think they were stopped for the bank they just robbed, or the murder they just committed. This is just another stupid feel good law that does nothing for anyone.

When your state income is based on fake IPO's and climate change wants its pound of flesh.

California, home of the fifth largest economy in the world, is facing a bit of a budget mess. This week, Governor Gavin Newsom unveiled his proposal to patch a $38 billion budget deficit. Another estimate has California’s deficit at $68 billion — an all time record.

Last year, the IRS extended the tax filing deadline for most Californians, basically because it felt bad most of the state had been on fire in 2023. And that basically messed up the state’s cash flow.

I think it’s reasonably fair to say that climate change played a role in the timing challenges of the state’s budget shortfall,” said Chris Hoene, who heads the California Budget and Policy Center.

The Golden State’s progressive income tax system depends a lot on rich people’s capital gains, which means it depends a lot on their stock portfolios. While tech stocks have done pretty well the past year or so, there haven’t been many new tech stocks.

So when we have a lot of IPO activity and a lot more people getting rich fast, the state’s revenue system picks that up,” said Hoene. “But we had a really significant decline in IPOs over the last year, year and a half.”

Budget shortfall due to delay of income tax filing makes the most sense. Mild bump, just like the "oh no, government shutdown!" Due to no budget agreement

The budget projection was way way off. It's that simple. Most cities and counties are solvent, the State general fund is FUCKED. Clearly these assholes have no clue. They had started considering a plan for reparations costing BILLIONS even as the massive budget shortfall was becoming obvious.

Anyone remember a couple years back when Nuisance was in the news talking about California's ~$2B "budget surplus" . . . and where he was going to spend it? :mad3:

Mu'fugger's like a drunk, coked-up chick in a shoe store - take that bitch's credit card away!

And the '24 projection for shortfall is nearly double what it already is...

Turns out all the feel good climate programs are hard to pay for...

“We can’t backslide or slow down while the climate crisis speeds up. We need our state leadership to do more, not less.”
Mary Creasman, California Environmental Voters

Three years ago, Gov. Gavin Newsom sensed an opportunity as California emerged from the pandemic with record budget surpluses after a series of calamitous wildfires and drought years.

The governor set aside a bigger chunk of the surplus billions for two consecutive years to combat climate change — an issue close to the heart of many Democratic voters — and then, facing deficits, had to cut it back last year, to $52.3 billion.

But today, Newsom proposed scaling climate funding back by about 7% compared to last year’s budget, to $48.3 billion, while spreading that money out over seven years, up from six last year. The cuts, unveiled in the first draft of his new budget, follow last year’s 3% cut to climate programs, and triggered criticism today from environmental groups.

They've already said it's not cash flow issues, it's that 25% of their tax base is leaving in the form of businesses and people fleeing
No, no...they just need to revise some more numbers and shuffle the deck. Reparations are vitally important l, those billions will be funded and the bullet train completed, don't worry, we won't touch the illegal sex change surgery funding.

And the '24 projection for shortfall is nearly double what it already is...

Turns out all the feel good climate programs are hard to pay for...

Huh, so you're saying the "climate change" billions are enough to cover the entire budget shortfall? Sounds like it's time to be financially responsible and cut back to just the shit we need. Axe all the DEI funding while you're at it - we'll all live, I promise. Maybe even renege on that plan to pay for transsexual surgery for illegal aliens :idea:

If softheaded lefties want to save the grape-smuggling cocksucker (birds or cyclists), they could donate to those "noble" causes. They can donate to Handjobs for the Homeless, and I'll donate to the CRPA or GOA - nobody has to pay for anyone else's pet projects. It's so crazy, it just might work.

The actual tax revenue from specific sources is somewhat elusive, but one truth remains. The top income earners pay the most in taxes. Both as a % of their own wealth and as a % of the revenue generated. Say top 10% pay 50%, or the top 1 % pay 90%. I dunno which lie is less bullshit, but it should be obvious to anyone but a libtard brain dead committed shut down shit loon that losing the top of the paying food chain, pecking order, whatever, to Texas is not helping CA at all. And yet the ultra rich are the target here, as almost everywhere else.

The actual tax revenue from specific sources is somewhat elusive, but one truth remains. The top income earners pay the most in taxes. Both as a % of their own wealth and as a % of the revenue generated. Say top 10% pay 50%, or the top 1 % pay 90%. I dunno which lie is less bullshit, but it should be obvious to anyone but a libtard brain dead committed shut down shit loon that losing the top of the paying food chain, pecking order, whatever, to Texas is not helping CA at all. And yet the ultra rich are the target here, as almost everywhere else.
But, with all those 1%ers leaving that makes more room for a whole new batch of 1%ers that they will love. :lmao:

They've already said it's not cash flow issues, it's that 25% of their tax base is leaving in the form of businesses and people fleeing
My company is now incorporated in Nevada after being a California corporation for 49 years. The owner had enough of the taxation. Oh, and we have zero offices, warehouses or manufacturing in Nevada.

I don't think 25% of the tax base has left. It wouldn't take near that much to crash to budget projections made. I lost some time searching the CA .gov websites but i can't substantiate my beliefs or those of others.

1000019475.jpg

Hug that tree kommiefornia
Running the employers out making room for obidens invaders is sooo smart

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh