What's new

The TRACTOR thread

Speaking of high hour compacts. It’s probably priced about just right for what you’re getting.
1600 hrs used in a nursery business;
IMG_4059.jpeg

Just a bit too small for me- Loader lift height is like 7’ at the pin dump bucket clearance is 5’

Last edited:
A 790 is to small for your property and to small of a tractor to expect more then 2500-3000 hours max. If it was taken very well care of everything will still work but show wear. Pins will start to be sloppy and it will need a clutch soon. If it was ran hard it could be at the end of its life and not make 2000.
Good info. My usage will be light duty I think (although ive never owned one to actually know its capabilities). Mostly moving snow (not a lot...it's AZ), moving wood, lifting/moving things around the property, minor grading and spreading some landscape rock. I do get the idea of buying one bigger than I really need though.

This seems like it might be a good deal.

1000004096.png

No, it’s probably more of a fair/average price for a bx series which is sized like a garden tractor on steroids (1600 lbs), the loader capacity is something like 500 lbs(it’s actually only rated to lift 460lbs to,full height of 5 ft and change (just over 4’ dumped clearance). and it’s got 1650 hrs on it.
If it carried around that baby backhoe attachment for most of those hours(which is still pretty heavy at 620 lbs for a machine that’s max 3 point lift capacity is 650lbs) while it scooped whatever material wore all the paint off that bucket which had to be approaching the 450lb per scoop capacity unless they scooped styrofoam with it,(and the hoe was probably most likely on there since it’s useful/needed as ballast in that use.) then it got worked at damn near max capacity/weight for a large portion of those hours it accumulated over 20+ yrs since the newest unit of that model rolled out of the factory.

Last edited:
ho-lee-sheet.
I had no idea lawn tractors got so expensive; real head scratcher why nobody’s snapped this unit up in the last 44 weeks.
IMG_4067.jpeg

Thats about what they paid. If they were negotiable at all it could be a much better deal then paying sales tax.
Yeah they checked the box for about everything they could. 4 way bucket is most likely a complete waste of money for the size of this Cracker Jack toy.

I just cannot comprehend walking out of the dealership signing to finance the better part of $40k on that small of a machine.

Last edited:

It Looks to me like a Pretty decent buy with the implements and hours, but not quite a screaming high margin flip opportunity bargain. You should have no issue keeping an implement or 2 for yourself and getting your money back out of it.There are certainly worse ways to spend that price on a tractor. Interested to hear 2bb’s take.

2320 is a smaller machine at ~1650lbs (650/670’s is its great uncle) in that Kubota b series size range but 24 engine hp/18 pto hp will get something done. Loader capacity is starting to improve a bit; 900 lbs lift capacity at 6.5’ to pins ( still ~ 5’ dumped clearance)

Something wacky is going on with that 3 point or the blade frame is geometrically boned up so that would need to be investigated. Lots of the pics are crooked like listening party has one leg shorter than the other or wearing one shoe, but that 3 point pic looks mostly straight unless the barn in the background is also crooked/ leaning.

Last edited:

32A6FF80-8A40-4C4C-A7D2-76ADF6B74690.jpeg

7B1B5A77-C5DD-4144-B64F-F64FF361AE52.jpeg

Decent little tractor that you could probably make a few bucks on if you didnt like it. The major problem with those is more hp then traction. You wont be able to do much with the rear blade at all without just spinning the tires.

I just saw lower hours and implements. I’m passively shopping for a 40hp+ non emissions unit with a fel for general property maintenance,

Decent little tractor that you could probably make a few bucks on if you didnt like it. The major problem with those is more hp then traction. You wont be able to do much with the rear blade at all without just spinning the tires.
That is a concern. For perspective, my Kubota L45 is 45hp. I run out of traction before I run out of power, even in medium range, it weighs in at 8,000.

My cousin is selling this one, if anyone is looking for a smaller unit.

yes, that's a great example for the class here of what you should expect a 300 hr baby homeowner tractor condition to look like.

average 300hr over 12 yr old mini loader bucket under homeowner usage:

1709137540670.png

Last edited:
I don’t exactly know where to put this post so … here is as good as any.

Got back from a little spring break trip yesterday and had an extra day off.

So today I spent some time digging an old Ford 601 out of a thicket.

I wish I had taken a before picture.

So I bought this thing to thrash when cleaning my property 18 years ago.

It always started but smoked like hell.
The tires shredded and it sat… for years.

So before it gets any hotter I decided to drag it back up to the house and start gathering some parts. Now I’m trying to figure out where to start and how far I want to dig into it.
Here are the options I’m considering.

A…Get it running, throw a wheel & rubber on it.

B … Do I level up and fix the smoking
(at least a head gasket and probably cylinder sleeves

C… fix the tin and give it some paint

D… Add power steering

E … do stupid shit like a complete engine rebuild and a turbo.

Decisions, decisions,,,, guess I need to add some oil, grab a battery, a little fresh fuel and see if she’s still turns free.

IMG_8448.jpeg

IMG_8449.jpeg

IMG_8451.jpeg

IMG_8455.jpeg
IMG_8458.jpeg

IMG_8457.jpeg

Here are some pics of the stickers this thing was encased in, but it really doesn’t do it justice.

Park it out front for yard art and buy one running good with good tires for $2-3k
That is most definitely the right advice.

It’s played the main part in why it was parked.

However…. When the ADHD finds something novel to fixate on, an ADHD TAX must be paid.

This Tax typically collected in a currency that involves buying parts, making horrendous financial decisions just to get to a point where the …. Thing / project is no longer novel.

Then it shifts to existential dread and regret part of the cycle.

Dude… it’s a whole process.

I have about an acre of grass/weeds I want to keep looking decent-ish as well as orchard rowes to maintain. Currently doing it with a rotary mower behind a ford 4610 but looking for a more dedicated machine. Was looking for a zero turn then this came up.

Supposed to check it out tomorrow morning. Would you run? Something to be aware of?

I have about an acre of grass/weeds I want to keep looking decent-ish as well as orchard rowes to maintain. Currently doing it with a rotary mower behind a ford 4610 but looking for a more dedicated machine. Was looking for a zero turn then this came up.

Supposed to check it out tomorrow morning. Would you run? Something to be aware of?

I have the equivalent john deere and love it... but whenever I see something like that I assume its a major problem otherwise they would have fixed it already

That is most definitely the right advice.

It’s played the main part in why it was parked.

However…. When the ADHD finds something novel to fixate on, an ADHD TAX must be paid.

This Tax typically collected in a currency that involves buying parts, making horrendous financial decisions just to get to a point where the …. Thing / project is no longer novel.

Then it shifts to existential dread and regret part of the cycle.

Dude… it’s a whole process.
I’d just put tires on it and run it for now. If it’s super useful then maybe you give it a little more love later. If you find you regret putting tires on it, sell it before you waste more money fixing it.

Yeah they checked the box for about everything they could. 4 way bucket is most likely a complete waste of money for the size of this Cracker Jack toy.

I just cannot comprehend walking out of the dealership signing to finance the better part of $40k on that small of a machine.
The B series is a lot more tractor than the BX. Still priced too high in this case but they are pretty capabke and last forever in homeowner use.

all we get is a "log into facebook" link

post a screenshot or two
It's a 4x4 Kubota front mower for $2500 (essentially a Kubota BX series tractor turned around backwards), as long as it runs he should be able to resell it for what he's going to buy it for, should be decent for mowing just watch out for the tail end swinging out when turning.
Not as maneuverable as a actual zero turn and takes up more space on a trailer so most lawn care places have gone away from them, with the exception of places like universities who don't need a trailer then and where they want to use them for other things (you can get attachments such as snowblowers, brushes, plows, leaf floors, etc for them, they also make big Flex decks with multiple sections of deck that move independently so as to not scalp even when using a bigger deck on non-flat lawn)

1000093659.png

Aaron Z

Any 9N/8N fans in here? I know there’s a lot of haters, even got a member who’s father was killed by one.

I have an 8N with no engine thanks to my grandfather and my little brother. Was a clean tractor before I let my grandpa touch it and I’d like to find an engine to put it back together. I can buy whole running driving 8N’s for $2500 bucks or less so I’m not interested in spending that much on an engine only. I have no core either. Any leads?

Top Back Refresh