What's new

The official Holiday Drama Fest thread.

Had t-day with wifes family Sunday. Her mom didn't show up so there was no drama.

My family tomorrow and we don't have drama.
Wow, did I get that 100% fuggin wrong. :mad3:

Wifes Mom and Step FIL sold their house (3 weeks ago) and have to be out by tomorrow (11/30). They are supposed to be moving into a travel trailer that is packed full of half their shit and has not been moved off the property to wherever the F it is they think they are going to live in it. Weds night Wife checked them into the ER with the COVIDs.

My parents have a small freak out about us coming Thurs for dinner but get over it by Thurs morning and tell us to come.

Wife brings home her parents dogs so they aren't thrashing the house that is in closing.
Wife is also dog sitting for another friend of hers for the long weekend.
That brings us to 7 dogs currently/temporarily, almost 600# of them.

Wife spends all weekend emptying her parents house because they haven't done a damn thing in the last 3 weeks.
Dad and I get suckered into packing the bearings on the travel trailer and moving it to an RV park a few miles down the road.
Wife announces that parents are being released from ER and are coming to live with us. :mad3::flipoff:

So now I have my in-laws and a ton of their shit, and 4 extra dogs living at my house.

Do I win? :flipoff:

Wifes Mom and Step FIL sold their house (3 weeks ago) and have to be out by tomorrow (11/30). They are supposed to be moving into a travel trailer that is packed full of half their shit and has not been moved off the property to wherever the F it is they think they are going to live in it. Weds night Wife checked them into the ER with the COVIDs.

My parents have a small freak out about us coming Thurs for dinner but get over it by Thurs morning and tell us to come.

Wife brings home her parents dogs so they aren't thrashing the house that is in closing.

Wife spends all weekend emptying her parents house because they haven't done a damn thing in the last 3 weeks.
Dad and I get suckered into packing the bearings on the travel trailer and moving it to an RV park a few miles down the road.
Wife announces that parents are being released from ER and are coming to live with us. :mad3::flipoff:

So now I have my in-laws and a ton of their shit, and 4 extra dogs living at my house.

damn if you don't win that is top three at least!

fuck all that shit..

Don't know if I call that winning. :flipoff2: But you have my sympathy. I'm likely to be in similar boat in a few years as my MIL and SIL that live together are spending their monthly money faster than they can afford to. Instead of doing something about it they will likely crash and burn. My wife being the "good daughter" will be expected to pick up the ashes. And they know she will...

Yea that isn't the type of thing you get informed of, it's something that gets discussed and decided together. I'd be slightly less than impressed.
this

no way would that fly with me, you dont just decide whos living at my house/property without discussing it, and that discussion would end with a no

More GFs family dysfunction.

I was planning on going to my folks, nice steak, potatoes and simple. GF asks if I can come to her family also on sunday before, asked what time, no idea so I told her maybe depending on the plan. She texts me on wednesday that its at her sisters, which is an hour the wrong direction, eat around 2. Told her maybe, at which point she gets grumpy that I "agreed" but am backing out now that she changed everything. She's pretty terrible with the intricacies of human communications.

Call my folks, they agree to push back the steak till dinner time plus having septic issues at the cabin so they are bailing back to their house. Let GF know that I can make it, but have to leave by 4:30ish to make it to their house. Supposed to eat a 2, should be easy.

Well I get there at 1:30, GF doesn't even show up till 2:30. I walked the dog, her sister family is dysfunctional wierdos. I dont care to sit there solo and listen to them bicker. When she gets there (after we are supposed to be eating) the meal is "running late". Have some carrots and chips from the snack table. They are still cleaning the house (polishing a turd, place is a constant wreck). 3:30 rolls around, no sign of food. The 4, then its time to leave. I bail having only eaten snacks and go have a nice fillet at my folks.

Get a text from the GF - they finally ate at 8:30. How the hell can you be 6 hours late on food ready? Oh, wait - I've met these people. It doesn't surprise me.

I think your only solution is the passive aggressive one. Start walking around your house nude. Make it uncomfortable for everyone.

Good luck with the in laws. My MIL lived with us for about a year after her 2nd husband died and it was not a good time for us. We survived it, but we also discussed the options before she moved in too.

Only drama we had was an ill fated attempt to straddle a rut on trail 72 at Windrock...in which I promptly proceeded to flop the RZR on the side when I didn't see the rock I was crawling over was loose and slid out from under me. :homer::laughing: Wife just HAD to jump out and take a picture. As cold as my thin blood Florida ass was, I kinda like our new tradition of Thanksgiving.

Only drama we had was an ill fated attempt to straddle a rut on trail 72 at Windrock...in which I promptly proceeded to flop the RZR on the side when I didn't see the rock I was crawling over was loose and slid out from under me. :homer::laughing: Wife just HAD to jump out and take a picture. As cold as my thin blood Florida ass was, I kinda like our new tradition of Thanksgiving.
jesus that sounds so much better than my Thanksgiving weekend of food poisoning. I need to get over the WR sometime. Color me jelly.

Spent the week in Punta Cana with the woman- very little drama, lots of booze and doing nothing. Ate like kings and never lifted a finger the whole time. Best way to spend turkey day.

Family is not drama per say, we all get on- just a crazy house lots of kids and I am not a fan of them all at once.

Lol my mil and fil were fighting again yesterday. We were having lunch at our house like every Christmas Day for the past decade .

My fil decided he needed to cut fire wood when it was time for him and my mil to head over to our house. She got pissed and left him home.

He shows up 2 hours after lunch and gave the whole family the silent treatment. What a Dick lol. My wife informs me this what every Christmas Day was like when she was little. He would make them make wood so they would miss out on going to grandmas house stupid.

He is going down the same path as his dad my wife’s grandpa. Be a Dick to your family your whole life then when you finally go to a nursing home all the people you treated like ass will not go see you. They don’t know why people don’t want to see them.

I don’t understand people .

Spent Christmas day at my inlaws. It went surprisingly well. No political banter or arguments. I brought up guns a couple times and how my wife was starting to get into shooting, and they just simply changed the discussion instead of rambling off statistics they memorized from Twitter.

Zero drama Christmas Eve at my parents place as expected. Went to the girlfriends cousins place for dinner last night and it was a hoot. Her super libtarded bi cousin and his bi girlfriend that apparently normally start shit won't do it around me. I've only been around them twice and I guess they have me pegged as the guy not to have an emotional discussion with already. Weird. :laughing:

Zero drama Christmas Eve at my parents place as expected. Went to the girlfriends cousins place for dinner last night and it was a hoot. Her super libtarded bi cousin and his bi girlfriend that apparently normally start shit won't do it around me. I've only been around them twice and I guess they have me pegged as the guy not to have an emotional discussion with already. Weird. :laughing:
Maybe they’re waiting for you to hit on they/them/whatever a double bi couple is called…

:flipoff2:

No real drama from the 1st round. Still have my families side to go. Won’t be shocked if there is drama from my SIL.

No drama at our dinner on Christmas eve thankfully.

Millennial Nephew from my wife's side asked if he could borrow some tools to install a heated battery blanket on his car because it didn't have a block heater.

I had previously suggested he probably needed a new battery or had a parasitic draw, but he wasn't interested. Instead he bought the blanket and a jump pack charger.

So, I gave him a tool kit and let him handle it. When he was done he asked if I had some zip ties for the cord, so I went out to the shop, grabbed some ties, flush cutter and a light.

Walked back to the car, took a quick look and promptly saw the block heater and cable running under the radiator, got on my knees and fished out the cord from the bottom of the grill.

It's a Christmas miracle I told him. We had a good laugh.

Found out that my grandfather. A D-Day veteran who has been dead since 2001 had a girlfriend or two while married to my grandmother.

I’m not especially thrilled that it was brought up. Speaking Ill of the dead it not in good taste.

Attachments

• 63491357e38c6243a43fa9f2e5297a8805d6f12e39fa0cf54aa478170d13d387_1.jpg
    63491357e38c6243a43fa9f2e5297a8805d6f12e39fa0cf54aa478170d13d387_1.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 34
no drama

My liberal weird, but kinda cool cousin brought what I assume is her boyfriend, suspenders, 5 facial piercings, and a stupid haircut, I sat down next to him and shook his hand. Later on I realized he put his mask on. Which I later realized means that my vaccination status was probably discussed prior to my arrival. That rubs me wrong a little, but, fuck em

Only saw people we wanted to, so no Xmas drama. Saw my sisters’ family at Thanksgiving. I only like their kids, they are lame liberal city attorneys, and we have zero to talk about. Since my MIL passed 5 years ago, we don’t do anything we don’t want to. She was very controlling of my wife. Only miss her a tiny bit. My wife is happier, she doesn’t realize why.

Top Back Refresh