What's new

The official Holiday Drama Fest thread.

No drama just mom and I, I'm fighting a runny nose and stopped up throat. Didn't even get an invite this year :flipoff2:

No drama. Just the immediate family for thanksgiving day then heading down to Stonewall Jackson resort in WV with my brothers family for 3 days.

Nothing yet, but I'm expecting I'll end up getting into it with my brother over his COVID paranoia. In his mind things are worse than ever and I'm actively killing people. :laughing:

Invited my parents down to NC from IL for Thanksgiving and they said no. They got butt hurt when they found out we aren't coming up for Christmas, we invited the whole family down for that holiday and they told us it's too far of a drive.

My wife and I are really excited for dinner tomorrow, it's just the two of us, so that means her sister and mom will be calling with some drama that will ruin the day.

there shouldn't be much if any drama for us this year. the family i'd like to be around lives in Missouri, and me and the wifes family local are pure drama....

this year we asked ourselves why deal with it? and made a choice not to. so we made it clear we wouldn't be spending holiday time with any of the drama.

a few friends thought it was a great idea. and its turned into a thing. so now there is over 40people and we're all going to a friends house. he's got a great entertaining area a little shop and a Moto track surrounding it. allot of us do big camping trips together, and just like camping all the food and responsibilities are shared. (one do a big group meal every camping trip) there will be at least 4 smokers and 3grills going all day. tomorrow we eat like kings!

i couldn't be more thankful to be happy for the holidays, drama free, this year! couple of the camp cru is in thinking over doing Christmas in Glamis. this was going to be the first year in a while i wasn't planning to go for new years, but that might change.

there shouldn't be much if any drama for us this year. the family i'd like to be around lives in Missouri, and me and the wifes family local are pure drama....

this year we asked ourselves why deal with it? and made a choice not to. so we made it clear we wouldn't be spending holiday time with any of the drama.

a few friends thought it was a great idea. and its turned into a thing. so now there is over 40people and we're all going to a friends house. he's got a great entertaining area a little shop and a Moto track surrounding it. allot of us do big camping trips together, and just like camping all the food and responsibilities are shared. (one do a big group meal every camping trip) there will be at least 4 smokers and 3grills going all day. tomorrow we eat like kings!

i couldn't be more thankful to be happy for the holidays, drama free, this year! couple of the camp cru is in thinking over doing Christmas in Glamis. this was going to be the first year in a while i wasn't planning to go for new years, but that might change.
Hell yeah. That brings back some nostalgia. My parents used to do thanksgiving in the desert with other friends and family members that wanted to go. It sort of weeded out the family that sucked who didn't like to do that kind of stuff. We're over 10 hours drive away now and I wish we could lock down some friends to do what you are doing.

So, after the abbreviated B1K, hanging out in San Diego with my bro's. Chick flies in tonight. How pissed is she going to be when I pick her up at the airport then drop her off at her brother's house? Desert for turkey day with the bro's sounds like way more fun than hanging out with her broke ass family.

about 8:00 last night is the first time ANYONE in my family has mentioned the word Thanksgiving
and I am the asshole for making different plans with friends:laughing:
Didn't have Thanksgiving or Christmas last year either

My old man got diagnosed with macular degeneration last week and promptly crawled into a bottle. They bailed on coming up for football and seeing the inlaws and grandson because he was drunk. Told my mom if he's still drunk on turkey day we're not coming down. He still hasn't done anything to get a second opinion or get a treatment plan in place even though he's on the Cadillac health plan due to being on the job disabled from the fire department.
Jeezuz k riced macular degeneration isn't that big of a deal. My dad has it and cataracts, with a bit of laser magic here and there he can still see ok a few years later.

Got a text from my wife, our 11 yo son got vid+ at school. She is in turbo drama mode trying to figure out what to do with all the food she made today and the 20 pound turkey for tomorrow.

I’m just going to put wine in her in a romantic way until,…. I’m not really sure. Fortunately it wasn’t going to be more than 10 people coming over.
Plus side is I get to spend more time hunting…. I mean social distancing and wearing a facial cover.

Kid seems a bit nervous, I blame that on the media :mad3:

Kids families are coming over along with my 93 yr old dad. I am blessed that both my daughters are married to extremely conservative guys. Most conversations turn to FJB, F Gretchen Whitmer and other fun stuff. Even my 15 year old granddaughter can probably talk down most liberals. Since we live in MI we get to root for the Lions. yay. lol Should be a decent day.

Jeezuz k riced macular degeneration isn't that big of a deal. My dad has it and cataracts, with a bit of laser magic here and there he can still see ok a few years later.
Mom had it in both eyes series of shots and everything is back together

Plan on a quiet day. Son is back from college, so we (I) will make a smallish bird and sides. In-laws are out of town. My side is all gone. So, the huge both-sides family get-togethers at our place are both missed and not missed (as don't miss the major cooking/prepping/cleaning for a ton of people to come over).

Son and I then plan on doing some MTB'ing on Friday and Saturday...maybe up at Ride Kanuga.

Exactly, I don't think he even has any vision issues currently they just picked it up in a routine exam. Seems like there's a bunch of effective treatments for it. :shaking:

Twenty-seven covering four generations coming to our house. Just one crazy lib aunt to avoid in-depth conversation with.

Reactions: IGT
No drama here but I have high hopes for xmas. My new sweater should be here next week. Unvaxxed Christmas Sweater
vaxxmas.JPG

2 of the BIL's GF's are libs. Everyone knows I take no prisoners. And ever since the boys woke my 2 sick kids up yelling about 6 years ago on xmas and they saw the side of me that no one ever sees they are always on their best behavior. I didn't even hurt anyone but they got close. I just need to go into the room as ask nicely to quiet down. :laughing:

Here's a funny one from one of my employees. He's going home to his family and his GF's. They are BOTH requiring you to take and pass a rona test. But get this, they have choses and want some specific test. So he has to take 4 tests over the next 3 days. :lmao: Everyone on the list is triple vaxd already. I told him to tell them their food isn't that good and FO.

Going to my GFs moms place this year. Her mom and her brothers are hell bent leftist and OD on fake news network CNN. My GF is very conservative and so far every visit I’ve been too with her family nothing is brought up about politics which is great. If anything comes up like the KR story I’ll leave the house immediately before I say anything to start a war.
start that war soldier! somebody's gotta do eet:stirthepot:

We have a whole mess of family drama that I won't talk about in public CC, but thankfully we're skipping any Thanksgiving festivities using my birthday as the excuse. We'll probably take the puppy out in the woods, hike around a bit, and eat some sandwiches.

Christmas will be a 50% shitshow as the aforementioned drama will still be in full effect. Whatever. The nice thing about getting older is giving less and less of a fuck what family thinks/does.

GF is hosting at her house. 8 adults, 2 kids. My son will be with his mom for the day, but I get him on Friday for the weekend.

My mother is on her way up, she gets to meet my GF's crazy mother, step dad, and grandmother. Could be some drama :laughing:

Her brother is coming up from Philly with wife and kid. He's still in the reserves in his early 40's. Good dude. Conservative family except the step dad.

Top Back Refresh