What's new

The JK Contest Thread: Take 2.

I am entering twice. Or if not here is at least another picture of my junk and my short ass next to it. O, and yes I wear flip flops working on my shit box.

The photo shows it all. Thats 10 inches of travel up front and 13 inches out back.

IMG_20200801_153114_380.jpg

Mr. Austin, I'm hopin' you can actu'ly add a few more words and produce a qualifyin' post sir. :shaking:

Then you'll have a vested int'rest and be more careful not to delete the fuckin' contest again. :flipoff2:

OK I'll paraphrase my previous perfectly genius post that was lost to the world. These are strange times, politicians are letting criminals out of jail, law abiding citizens are under house arrest, peaceful protesters are "burning the m-fer down", and Kowboy and snout can't pay jeep guys to talk about their jeeps and share a picture. I said it before and I'll say it again, these are strange times.

4 hills mine 2.png

Last edited:
JKommuter's pic in the mountains is a painful reminder how shitty my life is right now livin' in a fuckin' trailer park in Florida. My annual Spring pilgrimage to Moab was cancelled 'cause Moab shut the fuck down for the flu bug. Workin' on plans for another trip late Sept/early Oct that will have me end up back in Cheyenne to get the engine swapped. Gonna drag the Shaggin' Wagon and get me some much needed downtime from work. :smokin:

20190721_A_Trail shot_JK.jpg

20190811_B_Second camp_JK.jpg

ENTRY #9: Post #37 … that’s me. And the rules say I can’t win.

Here is a shot from a different perspective. Don't see shots like this too often. Was just out on my patio one night and snapped it. I usually don't have the jeep parked in that spot but I had a customers rig parked in the shop where old green sleeps.
IMG_5971.jpeg

Here is a shot from a different perspective. Don't see shots like this too often. Was just out on my patio one night and snapped it. I usually don't have the jeep parked in that spot but I had a customers rig parked in the shop where old green sleeps.

You need a fireman pole running down to just above your Jeep. Ya, know for the zombie attack.

One week and no updates.
No traffic here to get $200 for free, but endless shit-chat posts about the cheapest welder or the cheapest plasma cutter or the cheapest ball-hair remover.
I know y'all are poor, cheap fucks but you're still too good to take a $100 kissed by my nutsack.

The rules never said I can't play, so I will - and I'm going to keep my $100 and take Kowboy's hunnert, too.

This post is my build thread how I took a four door manual and turned her into a 2 door automatic.
Step 1. Buy an automatic 2 door

new_jeep.jpg

Step 2. Done. She's got manual windows. Haven't had manual cranks since highschool when I was crankin' it manually all the damn time.

P.S. That picture is the actual Jeep I bought.

One week and no updates.
No traffic here to get $200 for free, but endless shit-chat posts about the cheapest welder or the cheapest plasma cutter or the cheapest ball-hair remover.
I know y'all are poor, cheap fucks but you're still too good to take a $100 kissed by my nutsack.

The rules never said I can't play, so I will - and I'm going to keep my $100 and take Kowboy's hunnert, too.

This post is my build thread how I took a four door manual and turned her into a 2 door automatic.
Step 1. Buy an automatic 2 door

Step 2. Done. She's got manual windows. Haven't had manual cranks since highschool when I was crankin' it manually all the damn time.

P.S. That picture is the actual Jeep I bought.

I'm more interested in the cheap ball hair remover...........................I may or may not have a little fro above peter and the duets, might just turn it into cornrows.

One week and no updates.
No traffic here to get $200 for free, but endless shit-chat posts ...

Ain't no competin' with the chit-chat section of the chit-chat forum sir. :shaking:

She's got manual windows.

Mine too ... gotta manu'ly unzip 'em. :grinpimp:

And thanks for playin' ... :smokin:

ENTRY #11: Post #41 ... Mr. snout

... I may or may not have a little fro above peter and the duets, might just turn it into cornrows.

If a pic was taken of that while in your JK and you add 50 words ... you'd have yourself another qualifyin' post sir. :eek:

Here is my 2011 JKU. She has a few mods to make mall crawling easier and to stuff the 42's under her, so she can make it over the high curbs if traffic is too heavy. Doesn't get used a lot and still only has about 6K miles on her. Ok that's 50 words now so enough said.

photo20671.jpg

Okay, I will play. I'm not sure if this will count or not, as I don't own the jeep, but my Father does. Started as a bone stock 2dr JK. Currie lift and front axle, 35 spline, 1350 drive shafts, 37s, arbs, yadaadddaaa. Turned out to be a fuckin badass time being able to spend time with my Pops, and repay him a little bit for being a good dad.

IMG_1411.jpg
IMG_1762.JPG
IMG_1422.jpg

Hi,
lots of nice rigs here!

Here is my 2009 JKUR that I’ve own since new. Used to be my daily but now mostly the weekend warrior.
it’s got a Ripp SC 3.8/6spd manual and 4.56 gears riding on a 2.5” lift with 37x13.5r17 Toyo M/T tires.
Ive done all the mods and installs myself so its a mix of bolt-ons with custom work here and there.

photo20701.jpg

Last edited:
Someone advertised this contest on JKO.

Weren't me. If'n it brings in some active JK members on here then it'll be a good thang. :smokin:

If'n it just brings a buncha money-grubbin', one-hit wonders like the MetalCloak contest did over there ... then it ain't worth a fuck. :shaking:

Weren't me. If'n it brings in some active JK members on here then it'll be a good thang. :smokin:

If'n it just brings a buncha money-grubbin', one-hit wonders like the MetalCloak contest did over there ... then it ain't worth a fuck. :shaking:

That wasn't 50 words. :mad3:

It was me, hopefully we'll get the stragglers there to move over.

That wasn't 50 words. :mad3:
Rules are plain enough I reckon. But thanks for tryin'. :grinpimp:

:lmao:

I'll play.
07'. Homemade control arms, homemade skidplate adapters, homemade front bumper, homemade cargo rack, homemade rock rails, custom 18 gallon fuel tank and shrinking. Hacked together lift from 3-4 different lifts covering 10 or 12 different Craiglslist finds. What I'm saying is i like deals, and I like projects. I also like money winnins.
I do have very nice used parts waiting for time to install after harvest. Again, Craigslist bling. Pretty simple and basic. Works every time.

Jeep2.jpg

Jeep1.jpg

Last edited:
I got a little time to work on my Jeeps this weekend. Just finishing up the 60k maint on the 2 door and swapping batteries on my 4 door. Getting ready to put some corner armor / flush tail lights on the 4 door. Still gathering up what I need to get started on the 2 door. Going to stick with my plan of only using used / scrounged parts on the 2 door. I don’t want to spend a fortune on it - I just want to take it wheeling.

photo21450.gif

I got a little time to work on my Jeeps this weekend. Just finishing up the 60k maint on the 2 door and swapping batteries on my 4 door. Getting ready to put some corner armor / flush tail lights on the 4 door. Still gathering up what I need to get started on the 2 door. Going to stick with my plan of only using used / scrounged parts on the 2 door. I don’t want to spend a fortune on it - I just want to take it wheeling.

Wrong thread! 🤣

Am I that hungover or is that flag movin' in your picture Mr. snout??

Twice the JK's ... twice the problems. :flipoff2:

Entry # 15: Post #57 ... Mr. snout

Wrong thread! 🤣

Now how the fuck you figure that sir?

Rules are plain enough I reckon:

"A legitimate post for this contest is defined as a post containin’ BOTH a 50-word minimum narrative AND a pic of somethin’ somehow, even loosely, related to a JK."

Top Back Refresh