What's new

The Jeffersons trailer

Looks good man! I like that you got the camera lined up like that, takes the guess work out of the space needed for the door. Would a spare mickey fit behind the buggy flat on floor? maybe load buggy backwards with spare hanging from winch then strap it to floor to take the lifting off your back.

Test tow was successful,

After giving the fuel & torque screws a couple turns in the Peterbilt, I took the new trailer for a quick couple mile trip up the summit & back,
All that’s left now is load the cabinets & bins with everything we need & take it on the first trip of the year up to mountain havoc next month.

279D355B-6A28-49B8-BDDE-028588620F11.jpeg

Test tow was successful,

After giving the fuel & torque screws a couple turns in the Peterbilt, I took the new trailer for a quick couple mile trip up the summit & back,
All that’s left now is load the cabinets & bins with everything we need & take it on the first trip of the year up to mountain havoc next month.

That is so badass looking! :smokin::grinpimp::beer:

Test tow was successful,

Looks great.
Do you plan to black out the rims on the trailer, or add chrome rims to the truck so they match, or run it as is?

Aaron Z

Looks great.
Do you plan to black out the rims on the trailer, or add chrome rims to the truck so they match, or run it as is?

Aaron Z
I’ll run it as is until the trailer needs tires, then the wheels will most likely get powder coated to match the truck

1500+ miles on the first trip, only issue we had was a hole rubbed in an air line, it was a quick fix along with an adjustment made so it didn’t happen again,

To license the trailer I had to run it across the scales,

No buggy or tires, but most everything else was loaded.
06777E17-CDFB-4260-92DF-1E6AC07E8D10.jpeg

On the way north I rolled over a set of scales in Oregon just to see how we’re were sitting fully loaded.
Steer axle 9350
Rear axle 14950
Trailer axles 26050

The whole combination handles great, & the rest of the family loves it over the old setup,
Win win I guess.
D29D0B1D-C156-43D1-AC02-7500BBF48707.jpeg

That's pretty crazy that the loaded axle weight only went up 50# while the trailer went up 9K.

That's pretty crazy that the loaded axle weight only went up 50# while the trailer went up 9K.
Looks like the "garage" ends around the front of the front axle, so its not going to add much (if any) weight to the pin and may even take some away with a vehicle loaded in.

Aaron Z

Get decent mpgs?
There’s a noticeable decline in mileage from the old setup,
But with nearly double the trailer weight it was kind of expected.

As for the weight aczlan nailed it, the heavy end of the buggy is toward the rear, with the rig pretty well centered over the trailer axles, & the big tires loaded right in front of the fender boxes,
Also most everything else was loaded behind/under the rig, (coolers, portable air tank, waste oil to burn, & a spare 54” tire at the very back)

I could back the buggy in the trailer & shuffle a few things around if I really needed to.

Missed about a year of updates - amazing work as usual, and had me thinking bad thoughts again after finally getting them out of my head.

Looks great and good to hear that you are getting some use out of it after all the work you put in. I like the look of both the truck and trailer styles but I would be tempted to actually polish the truck up a bit to match trailer instead of other way around, dunno they both are great looking in their own style.

1500+ miles on the first trip, only issue we had was a hole rubbed in an air line, it was a quick fix along with an adjustment made so it didn’t happen again,

To license the trailer I had to run it across the scales,

No buggy or tires, but most everything else was loaded.
06777E17-CDFB-4260-92DF-1E6AC07E8D10.jpeg

On the way north I rolled over a set of scales in Oregon just to see how we’re were sitting fully loaded.
Steer axle 9350
Rear axle 14950
Trailer axles 26050

The whole combination handles great, & the rest of the family loves it over the old setup,
Win win I guess.
D29D0B1D-C156-43D1-AC02-7500BBF48707.jpeg
dia4.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2Fl3q2XhfQ8oCkm1Ts4%2Fgiphy.gif

snc1wqul0uldp7k6pim328xt92vffl9dnhwt2c%26rid%3D200.gif

Test tow was successful,

I can see the mid-transformation:
1655770291508.png

:flipoff2::grinpimp::smokin:

Another 1000 miles that went pretty much flawlessly.
Only complaint I had this trip is, it can be challenging to find 48+’ft of level ground at some events.

0055B13F-6853-40DB-ACC3-5AB81AD69C12.jpeg

4C82258D-8AB7-4D16-9415-59E68AEE93AD.jpeg
So you're saying that it's time to install a hydraulic power pack and cylinders in the four corners (2 in the jacks, 2 behind the rear axle?) to pick it up and level it after you disconnect it from the truck at the event :grinpimp:

It turned out great.

Aaron Z

Awesome pix:beer:

Adding rear electric jacks on my ToyHauler was the best mod I made for convenience and ease of setup.
Since I have a bumper pull I just added two independent rear jacks and the powered tongue jack gives me three points of leveling making it really easy to level manually.
Something that big would want hydraulics for sure but maybe not as complex as it seems, although on a 40' long rig you will need some decent lift stroke to get level on crooked ground.

Another 1000 miles that went pretty much flawlessly.
Only complaint I had this trip is, it can be challenging to find 48+’ft of level ground at some events.

0055B13F-6853-40DB-ACC3-5AB81AD69C12.jpeg

4C82258D-8AB7-4D16-9415-59E68AEE93AD.jpeg
That’s awesome! What the fuel mileage like fully loaded and how’s the interior working out for camping trips?

SO sick. It turned out killer.

Will there be updates coming on another big badass project of yours? Midnight something or other, Haha.
I’m hoping to get back on that project by the end of the year,
Buggy upgrades first, that way I can really focus on the mega project.
That’s awesome! What the fuel mileage like fully loaded and how’s the interior working out for camping trips?

I’m ok with the inside of the trailer,
My wife & kiddo love it,

Mileage I would guess is right around 6mpg, pretty typical for a mechanical OTR engine, especially since I drive 75+ anywhere I can.

I’m hoping to get back on that project by the end of the year,
Buggy upgrades first, that way I can really focus on the mega project.

I’m ok with the inside of the trailer,
My wife & kiddo love it,

Mileage I would guess is right around 6mpg, pretty typical for a mechanical OTR engine, especially since I drive 75+ anywhere I can.
That’s great on the inside and them loving it. Makes all your work worth it.

Makes sense on fuel mileage too. Not too shabby all things considered.

Top Back Refresh