What's new

SXII Stickies.....

Update.
Buddy got a refund for his 40in tires after drilling a 1/4in hole in them. He also has to send his 42s back in exchange for a set of discounted 43 stickies plus cash their way.

Update.
Buddy got a refund for his 40in tires after drilling a 1/4in hole in them. He also has to send his 42s back in exchange for a set of discounted 43 stickies plus cash their way.
Hmmm...I haven't mounted my 42s and would like to do the same...pay to upgrade to 43 stickies. I wonder WTF they are going to do with the bad 42s. Were your buddies 42s mounted?

Hmmm...I haven't mounted my 42s and would like to do the same...pay to upgrade to 43 stickies. I wonder WTF they are going to do with the bad 42s. Were your buddies 42s mounted?
Only 2 out of 5

I thought (perhaps incorrectly) that with the crisscross design of a bias ply tire like an SX that the belts would go that way as well? **EDIT**but to be fair, when I've cut SX sidewalls in the past (trail damage, not on purpose)....I don't recall ever noticing any steel belts.
There’s no steel belts in them. You can cut the ser dot number out of the sidewall with a box cutter knife. It’s what I did years ago

17049886322616863843041332291558.jpg
what's the deal with these ltb stickies? Did I get screwed? The durometer on these is showing about 46 but it's cold in here.

whats the issue with these?

what's the deal with these ltb stickies? Did I get screwed? The durometer on these is showing about 46 but it's cold in here.
Haven't heard of problems with the LTB stickies...at least not yet.

Just the durometer on these ltb's is scary as hell. For reference I have a set of drag slicks in here showing 60

Just the durometer on these ltb's is scary as hell. For reference I have a set of drag slicks in here showing 60

I've poked a lot of tires with a durometer. Most offroad stickies are in the low-mid 40s, the biggest exception being reds which are significantly harder. Most DOT tires are in the 60 to low 70 range. DOT Pitbull Rockers are the only non-sticky I've ever measured under 60 for what it's worth.

JFYI, I've been in contact with Joey at Interco....he says there is no problem with these comp compound tires and that the ones that have been warrantied are not part of a recall and are simply courtesy exchanges.

JFYI, I've been in contact with Joey at Interco....he says there is no problem with these comp compound tires and that the ones that have been warrantied are not part of a recall and are simply courtesy exchanges.

Does he not think ripping multiple lugs off each trip on brand new tire is an issue? Or just that less of them have issues than people think?

Does he not think ripping multiple lugs off each trip on brand new tire is an issue? Or just that less of them have issues than people think?
He did say, "I can say that we haven’t had as many issues as you seem to think. Hardly any at all, actually"

He did say, "I can say that we haven’t had as many issues as you seem to think. Hardly any at all, actually"

Seems odd that 100% of the people who have posted here have said they experienced them wearing overly fast and ripping lugs off.

Must only be this forum :laughing:

Interco has always been tone deaf, so not surprising. At least they are taking care of people either way.

Seems odd that 100% of the people who have posted here have said they experienced them wearing overly fast and ripping lugs off.

Interco has always been tone deaf, so not surprising. At least they are taking care of people either way.
Well, they are stickies after all...and a new design. So as I said earlier in this thread, I knew going in I'd be a guinea pig, but that doesn't mean Interco should be off the hook if they put out a subpar or defective product either.

Let's just say I'm willing to wait and see (as Interco's left me no choice) but am skeptical.

Well, they are stickies after all...and a new design. So as I said earlier in this thread, I knew going in I'd be a guinea pig, but that doesn't mean Interco should be off the hook if they put out a subpar or defective product either.

Let's just say I'm willing to wait and see (as Interco's left me no choice) but am skeptical.

Yes, but stickies have been around for over 20 years now and I've never seen or heard of any other tires having this issue.

Shit, even thier own sticky 47 boggers with 3" tall lugs don't have this problem and most guys running them are probably going to be big rock bouncer type rigs.

Yes, but stickies have been around for over 20 years now and I've never seen or heard of any other tires having this issue.

Shit, even thier own sticky 47 boggers with 3" tall lugs don't have this problem and most guys running them are probably going to be big rock bouncer type rigs.
I agree. Seems like something's off...but Interco is saying it's a non-issue; at least officially at this point in time.

So did they refuse to do anything for you until you actually run them? I have been meaning to reach out to them, but I keep forgetting.

So did they refuse to do anything for you until you actually run them? I have been meaning to reach out to them, but I keep forgetting.
Yes and no. They refused to refund or credit for 43" stickies since my tires were bought last February....they are 'almost a year old' in spite of not having been mounted (IMO, fair argument since tires have a best before date...though pro-rating would still seem to be a fair solution).

I was told to run them and if they have a problem, they'll discuss what they'll do for me (at that pro-rated rate of course).

I cut a strip off a lug and another strip off a bfg. They both stretched the same and I don't see a material failure there. I have a theory that these huge lugs being broke in at really low pressures on rocks is enough to roll them over and rip em off. Can't be 100% sure till I run them but I'm going to cut the corners off the big outboard lugs at a 45 degree to facilitate them breaking in gently. Maybe if they get rounded before they chunk this might become a non issue. Of course this is probably only useful for people who wheel rocks. Makes sense to me anyway as interco has forever cast huge lugs assuming people would sipe them how they wanted.
With all that said anyone buying stickies has to expect a certain amount of chunking till the tires are rounded off. That's just part of stickies and they all do it.
If they start ripping lugs off first time out I guess I'll have to switch tires.

Thats what has me wondering about the SXIIs, they have Deep small lugs that I could see getting ripped off easily.

How many people get on the internet to say the thing they bought worked fine? I'd say the average is 1000:1 bad to good. This thread could very well be the oddball, but people generally only want the world to know when they're mad.

How many people get on the internet to say the thing they bought worked fine? I'd say the average is 1000:1 bad to good. This thread could very well be the oddball, but people generally only want the world to know when they're mad.

Yes, but also this thread was created asking about them. So I'd think with all the members here and their wheelin groups, we cover most of the country.

Just seems like basically everyone here who got some or who's buddy got some are having issues.

Or did I miss interpret?

Top Back Refresh