What's new

SXII Stickies.....

Sean

Member Number
Anyone run the stickies in the SXII line? From what I've searched, it sounds like no one liked the regular SXII....but couldn't find any info on the sticky version. Interco claims they are about the same (asked for durometer to quantify...got no response) as the US made comp 43" SX sticky.

True or false?

I run 43" stickys on one rig and have ran the SX2 in the past and I really liked the SX2.

Wasn't aware they had a SX2 sticky. If they do it's my next tire.

I have also never heard of a sticky SX2. I've ran SXs but not SX2s....I like the looks of the design on the SX2s better but beyond that???

The SX2 is better than the regular sx for sure.

I'm planning on siping and cutting my sx stickys to be more similar the sx2. The siping makes more of a difference than I thought on ice etc.

Well, I ordered them....so we shall see.

Just put in a call to Interco. I'll try to get the scoop on the SXII sticky. They always become more forthcoming with info when I tell them I live down the road from them.

I saw this thread over the weekend and I was planning on calling Interco today so I asked sales rep. some questions about SX2 stickys…he claimed nothing like that exists or is even in the works. I was told the entire SX2 line is going to be very low production and some sizes might be discontinued and the remaining sizes could have very long lead times. I‘m sure some of you guys remember when the sticky SX and Bogger line came out Interco leaked tons of rumors and some pictures of select people running them , they like free advertising and would never keep something like a new tire hidden. Take all this with a grain of salt as salesman are known for being full of shit.

I did get lucky and get five 42x17 SX2’s shipped to my door for $1,798 off the blem list! I love the SX2 line as they’re the toughest tire out there and work awesome once you cut them.

I haven't heard anyone say that they'd prefer the standard SX over the SX2. Seems logical to me that they most likely don't own the molds for the SX2s and that they simply can't get them from China in any quantity. That's all pure speculation on my part and I could be completely wrong, but a salesman probably wouldn't offer that info...

I haven't heard anyone say that they'd prefer the standard SX over the SX2. Seems logical to me that they most likely don't own the molds for the SX2s and that they simply can't get them from China in any quantity. That's all pure speculation on my part and I could be completely wrong, but a salesman probably wouldn't offer that info...
When I started hunting for 42” SX2’s a couple months back I found every distributor lists them as “discontinued” so I emailed Interco about availability and the response I got was basically that they are many months out with no definitive restock date. A sticky SX2 would be badass for sure .

SX2 is us made other than a few sizes

There's 5 sizes of interco LT not made in USA according to a email with them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230213_174226_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230213_174226_Gallery.jpg
    646.6 KB · Views: 76
I have a 43" sx sticky that got the sidewall ripped out. Nobody can tell me when I'll be able to get a replacement and a spare.

Sucks

SX2 is us made other than a few sizes

There's 5 sizes of interco LT not made in USA according to a email with them.
Well, 42" SX2 is the main size I'd be interested in. If that's the case then I guess they're just more interested in selling poser tires for mall crawlers...lol

Ran some 42 sxII.

Cons, They seem to run small in size, guessing 40''/39'' tall. When new they were ok, but after a year they didn't stick to rocks for shit. Rocks everyone would drive over, they would just slide off for no reason, lower tire pressure (5 6 psi) helped. But, lower pressure hurt clearance on an already small tire.

Pros, cheaper, think they were also a blem deal. Soupy mud/dirt worked great. Overall got the job done for the price point. They are not a sticky so you get non sticky performance.

For reference on pure rocks, pitbull rockers were night and day better if we are comparing non sticky tires. In muddy conditions the sxII was better.

Ran some 42 sxII.

Cons, They seem to run small in size, guessing 40''/39'' tall. When new they were ok, but after a year they didn't stick to rocks for shit. Rocks everyone would drive over, they would just slide off for no reason, lower tire pressure (5 6 psi) helped. But, lower pressure hurt clearance on an already small tire.

Pros, cheaper, think they were also a blem deal. Soupy mud/dirt worked great. Overall got the job done for the price point. They are not a sticky so you get non sticky performance.

For reference on pure rocks, pitbull rockers were night and day better if we are comparing non sticky tires. In muddy conditions the sxII was better.
Pretty much a standard swamper. Every swamper I've ran or guys in my group ran was always at 4-6psi to get them to work. The 2" short sucks but my 42" TSLs are 39.5-40" tall at trail pressure on the vehicle as well. I'm considering the 45 SX2 for my next tire if I can get them...

Last edited:
Pretty much a standard swamper. Every swamper I've ran or guys in my group ran was always at 4-6psi to get them to work. The 2" short sucks but my 42" TSLs are 39.5-40" tall at trail pressure on the vehicle as well. I'm considering the 45 SX2 for my next tire if I can get them...

Yea, you would get places, but struggle. The biggest draw back was them being undersized.

The diffs would drag alot and the bottom of the axles are basically shaved at this point. Ok tire

When I started hunting for 42” SX2’s a couple months back I found every distributor lists them as “discontinued” so I emailed Interco about availability and the response I got was basically that they are many months out with no definitive restock date. A sticky SX2 would be badass for sure .
JFYI, I was told by the Interco rep that in "late spring" the 42" SX2 regular compound would be available again. I thought the same about them possibly being discontinued when I saw them listed on a wholesaler's site that way.

This is the email I sent originally that lead to the purchase of the stickies:

"I'm very interested in your SX2s for one of my buggies. However, I can't seem to find them in stock anywhere and some of the sizes listed on some websites say that size is discontinued.
In particular, I am most interested in your part number SX2-30 (42x15-17 SX2), but if that's not available, I'd also be interested in your SX2-15(40x13.5-17 SX2), but would likely just go to a 42" Irok sticky instead if I can't get the SX2.

Can you tell me if the 42 or 40" SX2 are still being made, and if so, what's their lead time?"

Few around her have the non sticky sx2 and I haven't been impressed with how they go. They seem to dig and not hook.

I do love my original SXs though...
Not SX related but that pretty well describes how the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss works in Tennessee anyway. Digs to china but doesn’t hook to dry concrete.

Last edited:
I just bought basically the first set of 40/13.5/17 SX2 stickies. From what the Rep (Joey) told me they are at least. They are a similar sticky compound the 43SX but not the same. Time will tell to see how they hook on the TX rocks. They did have 42 SX2 Stickies in stock as of this morning with more on the way

I just bought basically the first set of 40/13.5/17 SX2 stickies. From what the Rep (Joey) told me they are at least. They are a similar sticky compound the 43SX but not the same. Time will tell to see how they hook on the TX rocks. They did have 42 SX2 Stickies in stock as of this morning with more on the way
Yeah, that's who I got my 42" SXII stickies through.....they should be here tomorrow. Need to buy the cheapo Amazon durometer tester to get some numbers. Thinking of starting a thread just to give some numbers to folks looking.

Cost and where did you buy them from?

I saw this thread over the weekend and I was planning on calling Interco today so I asked sales rep. some questions about SX2 stickys…he claimed nothing like that exists or is even in the works. I was told the entire SX2 line is going to be very low production and some sizes might be discontinued and the remaining sizes could have very long lead times. I‘m sure some of you guys remember when the sticky SX and Bogger line came out Interco leaked tons of rumors and some pictures of select people running them , they like free advertising and would never keep something like a new tire hidden. Take all this with a grain of salt as salesman are known for being full of shit.

I did get lucky and get five 42x17 SX2’s shipped to my door for $1,798 off the blem list! I love the SX2 line as they’re the toughest tire out there and work awesome once you cut them.
i got 5 of the 40s x17 off the same blem list 400 per tire is what it equaled with shipping. so 1200. not bad and stepping down from irok 42s to new 40 sx2's is worth it

Yea I'd be interested in the durometer readings for sure. I can compare them to my 39 reds on the rig now.

Straight from Interco in La. Here's the kicker 498 per tire. Too good to pass up. 180 bucks for Freight
Wow, I got fucked. Embarrassed to say what I paid. And freight to Phx was $455.

Top Back Refresh