What's new

Stupid stuff you see at work...

I dunno, I'm way out of the loop on this one, cost was mentioned, so I'm assuming they were trying to hire a crane service, but those benches are narrow, I'm not sure what crane company is willing to park a pair of $5m cranes and crew on a bench like that.

It may outweigh dragging it out with d11s and 994s and accepting more damage
Just plow it into the water. Duh! :laughing:

Fuck Freightliner. No basic body builder manuals available because all their shit is basically custom builds. Cool that they offer that, shitty that they don't provide documentation, especially when there's so damn much going on electrically in these damn trucks. Maybe this should be in the rant thread, but it's a work thing. Glad it's FFF.
i might be able to help with the info thats available to me.

maybe

got a model and year?

I will bet you that the seat cover is still sucked up into that guys ass:laughing:

glad he walked away

I am guessing that it is still hooked to something really heavy at the bottom of the pond?

I would bet it didn't have anything on the stick and it looks like the feet are retracted. If I had to WAG he probably had to reposition or was getting out of the way with the boom extended and all that leverage got him (talking with crane operators who have tipped or been around a tipped crane thats typically what happens).

Crane would be the ideal way to get it out. Bringing out the loaders or dozers is just going to fuck it up more.

55AD0572-07F4-4371-8B76-DF32FF94BFB1.jpeg

Expensive like hooking a 992 and d11 to the fucker and dragging it out.
I'd hook up a hydraulic power unit up to the the main boom cyl and boom extend cyl. Grab some shovels and dig out around the cylinder. Start moving the boom down as far as it can go, then retract the boom. Should get close to the tip back point.

Chain it back to some other equipment on top the hill so it won't fall when it pivots onto the edge, or so the whole mess falls in the pond making it 10x worse. :flipoff2:

I dunno, I'm way out of the loop on this one, cost was mentioned, so I'm assuming they were trying to hire a crane service, but those benches are narrow, I'm not sure what crane company is willing to park a pair of $5m cranes and crew on a bench like that.

It may outweigh dragging it out with d11s and 994s and accepting more damage
Is insurance involved? At some point they may decide to scrap it and cut their losses.

Is insurance involved? At some point they may decide to scrap it and cut their losses.
I doubt there is ins on shit like that. Maybe a liability policy protecting the worker incase he gets hurt but a actual ins policy on the machine no.

I doubt there is ins on shit like that. Maybe a liability policy protecting the worker incase he gets hurt but a actual ins policy on the machine no.

For the for hire guys and construction crane guys sure. But in pit for their own use I doubt it.

I highly doubt there's insurance, multi national mining company, I believe they are self insured. In the grand scheme of things, rerouting haul trucks and delayed maintenance, and the purchasing problems of buying a replacement is probably worse than just pushing it in and writing it off

I highly doubt there's insurance, multi national mining company, I believe they are self insured. In the grand scheme of things, rerouting haul trucks and delayed maintenance, and the purchasing problems of buying a replacement is probably worse than just pushing it in and writing it off
The point being, at some point a number cruncher is going to say the corporate version of "fuck it" and that thing is done for.

Either a cheap mother fucker figures out how to get 20 base model F150's with V6's and automatics tow strapped together to pull that bitch out of the pit or some other mother fucker says "get that fuckin' thing out of the way" and hired third country nationals to cut it up with torches and haul it out on their backs, piece by piece.

Expensive like hooking a 992 and d11 to the fucker and dragging it out.

A few years back, we came across a Washington yarder upside down off a bank. Just sitting and dripping. Next week we came through, there were two delusional guys with 1 ton dodges hooked up to it. Obviously that did nothing, and the following week, they built a road down to it, then flipped it back over with a big ass dozer and a skidder. Apparently a guy line let go, and as it spun off the bank, the operator managed to jump free.

collapses or "oh I forgot I parked that there before we backfilled it with waste rock"
Sometimes collapse, and sometimes "uhhh, I had the scoop in the stope and I got it stuck. And it's perfectly sideways"

That happened with a scoop that had 40 hours on the clock. Management was impressed. We never got that one out.

Also had another one that was only in the stope a little bit and a big block slid down and jammed between the bucket and the front tires. We set up crazy tackle blocks (18:1 if I remember correctly) and pulled the rope with two loaded 45 ton haul trucks.

There was literally tubs of busted huge crosby shackles.Eventually just torched the midship and paste filled the stope (cement/tailings).Then mining around the scoop and blasting it out.

I have another story but it's a PM only story, I wouldn't even put it in the TP.

Sometimes collapse, and sometimes "uhhh, I had the scoop in the stope and I got it stuck. And it's perfectly sideways"

That happened with a scoop that had 40 hours on the clock. Management was impressed. We never got that one out.

Also had another one that was only in the stope a little bit and a big block slid down and jammed between the bucket and the front tires. We set up crazy tackle blocks (18:1 if I remember correctly) and pulled the rope with two loaded 45 ton haul trucks.

There was literally tubs of busted huge crosby shackles.Eventually just torched the midship and paste filled the stope (cement/tailings).Then mining around the scoop and blasting it out.

I have another story but it's a PM only story, I wouldn't even put it in the TP.
Pics?

Type that story up and PM it already. :flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh