What's new

Stupid stuff you see at work...

Just did, when he asked me if we had all the parts yet. It's been over a month. I'll never ask him again, if we get that degree of fucked up shit, just deny shipment on the dock. I'm still not 100% confident that when all the parts are here, we won't find more fucked up shit during installation. Total losing proposition and we've already lost money on the job the minute we took that bullshit off the truck.
Careful. That was my stance earlier and a bunch of "experts" jumped my shit. What you are experiencing is exactly why I refuse any truck shipment that is damaged.

Does HR posting "refer a friend to work here, get a bonus", with more than 50% of what links they post, point to jobs that in turn say "filled" or "posting not available" count?

Out trottn delivries round town looked up an noticed this, shur its waaay up in the tundra and common to plug in yer vehicles but that's usually reserved for below zero temps. Maybe itza lectric truck?
IMG_3018.jpeg
Probably got a battery charger in there till payday to buy an alternator...

is it the worm drive hose clamp on the air hose or the grade 2 allthread where a piece of chinese "b7" from the clamping set could be used
because either way...

ETA: oh I see it, the strap clamps aren't down (up?) in the clamping groove on the top die

is it the worm drive hose clamp on the air hose or the grade 2 allthread where a piece of chinese "b7" from the clamping set could be used
because either way...

ETA: oh I see it, the strap clamps aren't down (up?) in the clamping groove on the top die
you just made me realize i can replace the hose clamp on my air hose with a pex clamp:idea:

Reactions: Clb
you just made me realize i can replace the hose clamp on my air hose with a pex clamp:idea:
dunno, I just use the worm drive ones and don't run my hand over them
well, not on the hose reels, on those I actually got good air hose that'll take the screw together fittings

You don’t need clamps on air hoses. Use Parker fittings and hose no clamps needed. This hose is at 150psi. Only the cheap shit needs a clamp on the barb.

my connections ARE cheap shit :laughing:

95% of my air use is just tires or blowing out the vacuum. Hose clamp on the barb has worked for years, but i've got the pex crimper sitting around if the clamp fit. if it doesn't fit, hose clamp stays. would have a nicer setup if i actually used it

Yup, ran into the operator this morning, he was still a little shook up. I've been on strike from there 2 years last week, he scabbed, but a decent dude. He's still entitled to some representation

Years ago I laid the groundwork requesting proper crane training, loudly, repeatedly, left a good paper trail, openly told the company it was to make a future widow rich, still no crane training....
I told his rep where to find it to save his job, the shitty job it is :homer:

We had to cut the parallels out of a die yesterday...

I didn't get any pics during the removal, but this little die is in a 350t Niagra. Ram setting was about .250" too low because a "feature in the part wasn't tall enough" for quality to approve.For those in the know, pulled shims on all four corners, bypassed the C/B switch and blew them down, clutch up at line pressure.....
Would not open.
IMG_5797.jpeg

Fuck Freightliner. No basic body builder manuals available because all their shit is basically custom builds. Cool that they offer that, shitty that they don't provide documentation, especially when there's so damn much going on electrically in these damn trucks. Maybe this should be in the rant thread, but it's a work thing. Glad it's FFF.

We had to cut the parallels out of a die yesterday...

I didn't get any pics during the removal, but this little die is in a 350t Niagra. Ram setting was about .250" too low because a "feature in the part wasn't tall enough" for quality to approve.For those in the know, pulled shims on all four corners, bypassed the C/B switch and blew them down, clutch up at line pressure.....
Would not open.
Ha ha ha yea that will do it every time. I had a customer who refused to accept that 0.035" was TOO much over ride on the shut height. Little 21T did it for a while, then shit out its internals. They started listening after the $68K bill to replace the press head. They could not get the part 'right' so just kept increasing shut height.

Yup, ran into the operator this morning, he was still a little shook up. I've been on strike from there 2 years last week, he scabbed, but a decent dude. He's still entitled to some representation

Years ago I laid the groundwork requesting proper crane training, loudly, repeatedly, left a good paper trail, openly told the company it was to make a future widow rich, still no crane training....
I told his rep where to find it to save his job, the shitty job it is :homer:

Does AZ not require an operators license to run a crane? I'm guessing mine site so MSHA is involved (property damage) so they will pull the training records at some point.

Considering how fast shit goes sideways in a crane that's the last thing we let unqualified operators in. Shoot, we spend 100+ hrs just training in our 90t before we let an operator do live picks (in addition to what it takes to get a crane operators license).

Top Back Refresh