What's new

"Stay a while and listen" - Deckard Cain

As suspected, I have had zero time to dedicate to this. I'm still on my first toon, I think level 15, in act 2 normal. Have only had a couple of hours of play. My amazon eats mana like candy, I havent found shit for good gear (why would you with such a low level, right?) and the mercs suck.

In a hotel all of next week for a class for work. Hoping to pickup an old laptop and pass my time on Diablo to pass the boring time away from home.

Haven't found a 4 socket sword with low enough strength/dex requirements yet. I did find this white, Crystal Sword on NM Countess, so I gambled, Amn + Ral + P Amethyst with it in the Cube and got 4 sockets! :grinpimp:

The lucky streak continued, the very first Spirit I've made since Resurrection launched, got PERFECT FCR & FHR! :smokin:

Screenshot006.png
Grats on a killer roll on that spirit.

Reactions: Lee
As suspected, I have had zero time to dedicate to this. I'm still on my first toon, I think level 15, in act 2 normal. Have only had a couple of hours of play. My amazon eats mana like candy, I havent found shit for good gear (why would you with such a low level, right?) and the mercs suck.

In a hotel all of next week for a class for work. Hoping to pickup an old laptop and pass my time on Diablo to pass the boring time away from home.
I hear yea man. I haven't been playing either. I'm at the start of Act V. Haven't played in about a week. Kind of fizzled out of it.

Grats on a killer roll on that spirit.
I've made a few over the years, don't think I've ever rolled one this good. I was using a magic Sacred Globe that had some +2 to various cold skills, and damage direct to mana on it and a Spirit Shroud. After making the Spirit Crystal Sword, I dropped the Spirit Shroud and made a cheap Serpent Skin Stealth, with Spirit & Stealth's combined 60% FCR my squishy little Sorc teleports crazy fast. Still on the hunt for a 4 socket Monarch, white Monarch, or Lidless Wall.

Saw a Sorc who's merc had an Infinity already one night this week. How in the heck do you get that many high runes this early in the game?

I scored a Pul Rune off of NM Council at the Travincal, so far that's the best I've done. I've done a lot of NM Countess runs, I'm the jerk that joins Baal, Chaos, Cow runs, with a lot of folks and heads straight for the Black Marsh. Had some folks give me grief telling me I was wasting my time, but I've gotten several Hel, Dol, and an Io or two off of her, I'm Cubing my way to high runes. I still have my Hell Forge quest yet to complete too, but I'm too squishy to solo still, and don't trust anyone enough to help me yet.

I've made a few over the years, don't think I've ever rolled one this good. I was using a magic Sacred Globe that had some +2 to various cold skills, and damage direct to mana on it and a Spirit Shroud. After making the Spirit Crystal Sword, I dropped the Spirit Shroud and made a cheap Serpent Skin Stealth, with Spirit & Stealth's combined 60% FCR my squishy little Sorc teleports crazy fast. Still on the hunt for a 4 socket Monarch, white Monarch, or Lidless Wall.

Saw a Sorc who's merc had an Infinity already one night this week. How in the heck do you get that many high runes this early in the game?

I scored a Pul Rune off of NM Council at the Travincal, so far that's the best I've done. I've done a lot of NM Countess runs, I'm the jerk that joins Baal, Chaos, Cow runs, with a lot of folks and heads straight for the Black Marsh. Had some folks give me grief telling me I was wasting my time, but I've gotten several Hel, Dol, and an Io or two off of her, I'm Cubing my way to high runes. I still have my Hell Forge quest yet to complete too, but I'm too squishy to solo still, and don't trust anyone enough to help me yet.
Rune farming is all LK runs, hitting the chests near the bonfire, do that a couple thousand times and you get Enigma or Infinity....LOL.

What's Titan's worth, HR?

Found a Titan's in a chest near NM Mephi of all places. Random. I should probably keep it and build a Javazon, but I want to Smite Ubers more than I want to run around shooting lightning bolts.

Anyone still playing? I haven't ran into having to wait between games, but have been stuck in the queue to join Battle.net for a little bit a few times.

Haven't noticed any obvious bots in game yet, but the spam bots are staying busy in the lobby.

Saw a person advertising they had an Anni for trade, I'm not sure how the World Event takes place now? Have yet to see any notification of Stones of Jordan being sold to merchants, not sure if that's still a thing? Is there a way to know if you're on a "hot server" or is purely random now?

I've got a pretty mediocre Blizz Sorc now. Could sure use a Shako & Occy, making due with a pair of Spirits, a Lore bone helm, Goldwerap, Viper Magi, and Mages. Random mix of rare jewelry and a Nagelring, only other unique I've found so far is a Ravenfrost.

Found a 5 socket phase blade and some Venom Grips, decided that was the D2 universe telling me to make a Zeal Pally, my favorite character so it didn't take much.

Cold immunes still own my Sorc, had to get help for Hell Anya, but while waiting on the benevolence of a stranger to join my game and help, I was running around MFing the usual places. Found an Um off Hell Council! Highest Rune I've found yet. I think the Sorc's merc is going to get Duress armor now. Wish I had a better base, been holding onto a 3 socket Diamond Mail for a while, haven't found anything better yet. Found a no socket Eth Greater Hauberk, stuck it in the Cube and got 1 socket. :shaking:

Screenshot019.png

I'm still playing, zeal pally is at 87 and necro is up to 79. Some good gear, mostly from friends online. The Anni thing is supposedly still "hot servers", mainly in the asia region, for some reason it's easier to find the IP's over there.

Hi, my name is _stucky, and I’m addicted to Diablo.

Haven’t had a lot of time to play on PS4, but my switch has been getting plenty of use. Not really interested in playing with randos. Mainly just single player on the switch. Still waiting for the irate nerds with ps4s to chime in.

fully addicted to playing again. got a lvl 81 hammerdin im playing on currently with some mediocre gear but it gets me by. I just finished act 4 hell last night with a few buddies and got a Ko from the forge. i havent really had much luck on drops except a gheeds from hell andy and a few other things here and there.

Haven't played in a few days, put in a little over an hour tonight. I've got my Blizz Sorc at lvl 83 and I made a Zeal Pally, he's lvl 53.

I started a game tonight with my Sorc, noticed everything was dying really quick and not much was hurting me or my merc, then noticed I accidentally made a Nightmare game instead of the Hell I'd been playing. I figured I'd go clear the Throne Room and kill Baal while I was there.

Glad I did, maybe the 2nd or 3rd SOJ I've ever found on my own. Most of the others I had before, I'd traded for either in game or on JSP. Off of a solo NM Baal run of all things. :confused:
Screenshot022.png

Another notable find, my merc has a much stouter Insight now, thanks to this Eth, 4Os, CV from Hell Lower Kurast. :smokin:

Screenshot021.png

I have a buddy playing some now too, I scored some mediocre Chance Guards off of NM Mephisto while rushing him. I've stuck a P Topaz in my Viper Magi, and have a few MF small charms, so I'm getting my MF percentage up some.

I've been looking for a decent base armor for my merc(s), I have killed a lot of cows and done a lot of Kurast and Countess runs clicking every armor rack. I found a cracked Archon plate on Hell cows, cubed it into a normal, 3 socket Archon. Then found a Superior 3 socket Dusk Shroud, so I've got a couple great Enigma bases, just need a Jah & Ber to fall in my lap. :lmao:

I cubed an Eth Dusk Shroud and an Eth Wyrmhide, but got 4 sockets in both, I need 3 for Treachery or Duress, leaning toward Treachery now. I've got a 3 socket, normal, Diamond Mail in the stash, and while I have 2x Lem runes, I'd rather not wind up making Treachery twice. If my Merc could tank a little better, I could probably start doing Nihlathak runs and Key farming with the sorc, as it is, even Hell Countess isn't always a given, the merc doesn't always make it.

I'll shut up, mostly just wanted to share my SOJ find!

First High Rune!!! :smokin: Off a random fire Imp Demon in Act 5 near Shenk in The Bloody Foothills.

Screenshot035.png

I'm a Mal away from making Grief for my Zeal Pally now.

First High Rune!!! :smokin: Off a random fire Imp Demon in Act 5 near Shenk in The Bloody Foothills.

Screenshot035.png

I'm a Mal away from making Grief for my Zeal Pally now.

RNGesus can be a crazy thing.

I got more, and better, runes from elites on the way to the countess than I got from the countess today.

Anyone still playing?

Here's way more than any of you want to know about my main characters.

I've done a heck of a lot of farming and trading. Revived my D2JSP account, reset my password, my last activity was June of 2011, so it's been a minute. Bonus I still had 205 forum gold in my account! That was A LOT more back then than it is now, too bad it didn't gain interest. Looking through my transaction history I last bought a Ber rune for 30 FG, they're trending at 2.2K FG at the moment. :laughing: Supply and demand right?

I've got a buddy I've been playing with a lot, helping him, and he's been snagging items for me.

Blizz sorc is pretty well sorted now, Viper Magi with a P-topaz, Shako with a P-topaz, Occy, Spirit, upped Goldwrap, SOJ and a Nagelring. I have a 35% Gheeds a bunch of MF, HR, and random res small charms on her too. Still need boots and an ammy to round her out. Using random uniqe MF/res boots, and an ammy with cold skills and quad res. She gets the job done. Merc has an Eth CV Insight, Eth Hellforge Plate Treachery, and a G. Face. I'd rather him knock the hell out of monsters than life leach, hence the G. Face. I just feed him pots as needed, which isn't that often with Fade proc'd.

I haven't found anything really great since that Lo I mentioned before. I had an Ist drop from 2 player Hell Cows. I got a Grand Charm off of Nihlathak, it dropped as junk fire damage, I re-rolled it in the Cube to a 44 Life GC, no other modifiers though.

Between farming, trading, and my buddy, I've about got my Pally ready to Uber.

Spent 45 of my forgotten 205 FG on JSP for a Mal. I'm really turned off by the overwhelming volume of folks on JSP now, you won't have a listing on the front page of the D2R secont for more than 30 seconds. I've tried to trade some stuff, but the handful of folks that comment in my thread or PM me have all flaked. It's like the Facebook Marketplace of Diablo.

I've had a 5Os PB and that Lo in my stash for a while, kept thinking I'd get a Mal off of the Countess, Lower Kurast, Cows, somewhere, no luck. JSP worked out, even got it from someone in the EU, it's cool that you can switch regions now.

With all the parts in hand I finally made a Grief PB. I alt+tabbed between D2 Wiki and the game probably 1/2 dozen times to make sure I had the recipe right. Then I checked again with my phone while I had the game up. :emb:

Screenshot085.png

Screenshot086.png

Zeal Pally is coming along nicely now. Had been using a nice 2 socket Heaven's Light with a Shale and lower target defense and + damage to demons jewel in it, probably one of the best unique zeal melee weapons in the game in my opinion. It's no Grief though.

Pally had Duriel's Shell, Heaven's light, Rhyme runeword in a nice high res Kurast shield, G. Face with an Um in it, String of Ears, Gore Riders, and a Raven Frost. He's wearing a random unique quad res ring with poison damage, a unique quad res ammy with teleport charges on it (poor man's Enigma), and a pair of unique life/mana leach, ED, dual res, gloves. Really need a pair of Drac's and Thundergod's.

I made that Grief and went to town, mowing everything down, zeal, fanaticism, and sacrifice are all maxed, he does some damage!

I got a little cocky in the World Stone though. If I can't handle 7x Souls, I'm probably not ready for Uber Mephisto. Don't think I can handle Lilith's poison damage quite yet either.

Screenshot087.png

Since I had farmed 3x Key Sets, and decided I wasn't quite ready to use them yet, I decided to trade them. I had an ill-fated attempt to unload them on JSP, Facebook Marketplace all over again, low ballers and flakes.

I noticed that market price on JSP for 3x Key Sets was roughly the same as a mediocre HoZ, so I figured what the heck. I'm farming anyway, why not make a public game asking to trade. I made "3xKeySets 4 HoZ" and went to farming, I usually work backwards, Act5-1, I'd just found the Countess' Forgotten Tower when someone joined and said, "you still need?"

Zeal Pally now has a HoZ! :smokin: It's not great, ED range is 150-200, so it could be better, but it could be worse. I think I've got a socket quest left, it'll be getting a P-Diamond soon. Already tried a Soul infested World Stone again, now with Treachery in a Diamond Mail instead of Duriel's Shell and HoZ instead of Rhyme, still dicey, but doable.

I've got to farm 3 more key sets, so hopefully I'll come across Drac's and T. God's while I'm at it.

Screenshot090.png

How are all of your characters doing? Any amazing drops or item rolls? Am I the only nerd who cares? :homer:

I snatched up a pul the other day. I finally kinda stopped playing the switch single player and have been playing PS4 online. Started a poison Necro, have teleport on a helm. Everything budget. 2 poison/bone grand charms. I die a lot. It’s fun.

Still no irate crew to talk shit to.

Haven't played in months.

I'm deep into Path of Exile. I can't stop playing that shit. The dopamine is STRONG.

I snatched up a pul the other day. I finally kinda stopped playing the switch single player and have been playing PS4 online. Started a poison Necro, have teleport on a helm. Everything budget. 2 poison/bone grand charms. I die a lot. It’s fun.

Still no irate crew to talk shit to.
Too bad cross platform play is neutered. If you buy the game for all available platforms, $$$ and link your Battle.net account you can progress your character from any platform, but you can't play multiplayer from different platforms.

I got a new laptop in September, and have only played on it. I'd be onboard with helping out any irate folks that need it. I may even have some loot in my stash some folks need already. Even with the expanded stash I still had to make mules to hoard all of my junk.

I thought the claim that Ghosts have a higher chance of dropping high runes was BS, but I'm a believer now. Just got a Sur off of a regular ghost on the way to the Countess! :bounce:

Screenshot093.png

Nah I'm a believer from just doing chaos runs on my sp necro on plugy. The only 3 semi-high or high runes to drop were all killing the ghosts in chaos sanctuary.

Noticed something while standing in the campfire in Lower Kurast to get my treachery armor to activate fade. I had a stamina shrine on and zoomed in to make it easier to see when I turned transparent. I always though the stamina shrine icon was some kind of angel, it’s just a foot with wings.

Sold the Sur in < 2 minutes on JSP for 975 FG, maybe it's not so bad? :homer: I'll change my mind again when the tire kickers and low ballers annoy me again.

Snagged a pair of higher end Drac's for cheap, Zealer casts life tap so frequently it's basically immortality in most places. Have a Lawbringer PB on switch for physical immunes.

Going to work towards a CTA, Thundergod's and restocking on Keys now.

TWENTY FOUR Nihlathak runs to get the last key I needed. :shaking:

I think I'm ready to Uber now. Paladin can handle worst case scenario, throne room full of Black Souls and Undead Soul Killers, I'm max 75% all res and 85% lightning with T. God's. I made a Smoke in a Diamond Mail, have the Treachery I can put on for fade and swap back to Smoke for higher res after Faded. I still don't have a CTA, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Screenshot112.png

It was a long dry spell on D keys, but old Nihlathak did drop a non-eth Andy's Visage and some charms.

I've been in a dry spell, been grinding for loot in act one and act two hell. Been a whole week since I had a useable drop. Stuck in act 3 hell and having a hell of a time getting my res up. Still low teens for pretty much everything other than lighting.

I'd take res charms at this point just to increase survivability. My glass cannon has been feeling extra glassy. Teleporting around flayer jungle and grand marsh and get randomly one hit and then can't get back in to get my body so force to start a new game. Super frustrating.

I've been in a dry spell, been grinding for loot in act one and act two hell. Been a whole week since I had a useable drop. Stuck in act 3 hell and having a hell of a time getting my res up. Still low teens for pretty much everything other than lighting.

I'd take res charms at this point just to increase survivability. My glass cannon has been feeling extra glassy. Teleporting around flayer jungle and grand marsh and get randomly one hit and then can't get back in to get my body so force to start a new game. Super frustrating.
Act 3 sucks. Those Fetish Flayers, Soul Killers, and Shawmen are small fast moving targets, and can do some damage.

What is your sorceress speced as, cold, lightning? I don't think fire is a viable option in Hell, I know frozen orb/fire wall is a popular build, but it's only really good for Baal runs. My sorc is cold, Blizzard as main crowd controller on right click, Ice blast on left click if I need to target and freeze a monster. Max cold mastery, blizzard, and most of its synergies, I think ice bolt is the only blizz synergy I don't have maxed.

I have some points in the lightning skill tree too, 1 point into static field, chain lightning and its prerequisites. Teleport too obviously.

I think I've put 3 hard points in warmth, now that I'm lvl 88 and have so many items with + skills on it, I should respec, I wasted a point in nova and mana shield I could use elsewhere. I know the typical sorc uses mana shield, but I rely more on hit points, I've been killed from not being able to teleport thanks to mana shield burning up all my mana. I can drink super health pots, or the occasional full rejuves, and unless I'm fighting something with mana burn, I don't have to pay much attention to the blue globe.

I also rely heavily on a tanky mercenary, he's got an ethereal CV Insight, eth. Diamond Mail Treachery, and Guillaume's Face. The G. Face is a little unusual for a merc, he doesn't have any life leach, but with the Insight's critical strike, G. Face's crushing blow, and Treachery's 45% IAS he hits HARD and often. When Fade from Treachery is on, he's a killing machine. I teleport him next to the cold/light immune I want him to kill, step back cast blizzard or static field, and toss a health pot his way when needed.

I had slightly better resistance on my sorc with Viper Magi, but found a Skulder's Ire which got her an extra ~90 magic find and like triple defense, but sacrificed resistance and FCR. The slower cast rate is worse than the lower res.

With that strategy above, I MF all the usual spots, can solo clear Chaos, Throne Room & Baal (Souls still suck), Nihlathak (sucks when he's cold immune, really sucks when he's cold & light immune), Pindle & Mephi are cake, Council can be challenging depending on immunities they spawn, Summoner dies in 1 shot, Duriel is cake, Countess and her minions are always cold immune I static, merc finishes, Andareal is dead in seconds, just dodge her poison nova.

My sorc does all of that solo, can still do all of that on 2 player but slower, and she's in the single digits or teens on all resistance but fire, her fire res is actually negative 6% I think. That's with Skulder's res is better and all positive with Viper Magi.

If you can't kill something and it's not an objective, skip it.

I sure write a lot about a silly game. :homer:

crazybluerider if you want to PM me your Battle.net handle, I'll look for you online, I've rushed a lot of folks through norm & nightmare, have a buddy that keeps making new characters. It won't be as fast as some Hammerdin with Enigma, but I can rush you through at least to act 4 on Hell if you want. I've got a few Tokens of Absolution in the stash now too if someone needs to respec and doesn't have the quest reward left.

Mephisto killed me 3 times. Still no CTA and pretty under optimized gear and stats. Mediocre armor, junk ring and ammy, no P combat charms, no Anni, just a zeal pally with Grief, Gores, G. Face, HoZ, T. God's, & Drac's. Zeal your way to the Ubers and smite the Ubers.
Diablo 2 Resurrected 2021.12.07 - 11.30.37.09_Moment(2).jpg

Any guesses on the torch stats?

Finally cleared act 3 hell last night and started in on act 4. Managed to get Izual done before bed. Managed to find a +life cold skill charm and an upgrade for my merc's helm too. Merc is feeling super squishy in act 4 though. So I need to upgrade his gear some, I have essentially ignored his gear since Normal though so he's not got really great gear. His Insight only does 100 damage or so, lol.

Turns out I just needed to slow down a little in act 3 and when I dropped into cold immune packs back up and kill something I could kill and then slowly work my way in and kite off the cold immunes before getting into the areas I needed to be. It was a little tedious but I managed about an hour for clear from flayer to mephi. Still need to go back and get my lam essen quest done though.

Top Back Refresh