What's new

"Stay a while and listen" - Deckard Cain

Game play is fun, graphics are decent, really don't look all that impressive until you toggle between the original and the remastered, then it's holy cow!

I've finished Act I solo with a cold sorc. It's mostly what I remember, I love the auto pick up for gold, though I liked the pets picking up gold in D3 better. Pets didn't exist in D2 so I get why they're not in this version.

It's still buggy. I've been kicked a few times. Dang near through Jail level 3, Act I and got kicked out. Battle.net then tried to tell me I hadn't been online in over 30 days and needed to log in to my account. :confused:

My Act I merc keeps vanishing too, she's not dying, she just disappears, shows back up when I go through a portal, advance to the next level of a dungeon, or use a way point. I'm about to ditch her for an Act II merc, we'll see if he pulls a vanishing act too.

I've joined a few public games, but mostly for cows. I'm glad the secret cow level is still a thing. I went over to look for Writ when rescuing Cain, just to make sure you could still get his leg.

In all of Act I normal, not a single rune drop from anyone other than the Countess, got a Tal & Ral off of her, but nothing anywhere else, that's some crap luck. Not even an El, Eld, or TIr in the Den of Evil, and I've gone through and cleared all the little side bounties with glowing treasure chests too.

I've enjoyed it, but it hasn't sucked me in yet. I'm tired, from another long day and want to sleep more than play, 10-15 years ago I'd have stayed up until 2:00 AM on a Friday night. I guess I've matured? :laughing:

Still annoyed that Ladder Season 1 didn't start on day 1.

I saw somewhere that someone had already killed the Ubers and had the first torch 6 hours after launch of the game. :eek: At least I'm not that bad.

Last edited:
Made it through act 2 with a couple buddies. Fumbling my way through with a necro, cause I don't remember anything about the game :homer:

Flaky enough to still be frustrating, or is it just me? I'm anxious about making progress, you never know when you're going to get booted from your game. Spend 30 minutes clearing a level then, bam, all that progress is lost.

I didn't play at all yesterday, put in about an hour this evening hoping for a better experience, buggy still, character trapped in open, like I'm walking into an invisible wall, can't move, fish in a barrel for the monsters and demons.

I finally got my F keys assigned to skills, had to change some BIOS settings so that my function keys work instead of defaulting to media keys. So now I can switch skills with the F keys instead of muting the audio.

I don't know, I'm frustrated enough to be annoyed, but not quite enough to abandon it all together yet.

Could not for the life of me get a 1h melee weapon to drop for my pally, so I made a necro. In A3 NM doing ok.

Flaky enough to still be frustrating, or is it just me? I'm anxious about making progress, you never know when you're going to get booted from your game. Spend 30 minutes clearing a level then, bam, all that progress is lost.

I didn't play at all yesterday, put in about an hour this evening hoping for a better experience, buggy still, character trapped in open, like I'm walking into an invisible wall, can't move, fish in a barrel for the monsters and demons.

I finally got my F keys assigned to skills, had to change some BIOS settings so that my function keys work instead of defaulting to media keys. So now I can switch skills with the F keys instead of muting the audio.

I don't know, I'm frustrated enough to be annoyed, but not quite enough to abandon it all together yet.
wait. F keys are still assigned to skills? You can't reassign them in game?

wait. F keys are still assigned to skills? You can't reassign them in game?
Nope, F1-F8 are it, unless you are super special or know something. My buddy said he saw a streamer using a different keybind, but didn't know how it was done.

My gold kept disappearing. Really pissed me off selling stuff to gamble and then it’s all gone.

Until I realized the tabs in my stash had all different numbers and now I’m rich.

I bought a switch lite when I saw this was going to be on switch. I also got it for PS4 but have only played single player on switch. Biggest issue I have had, if I stay in a game for a long time (as in many hours) it crashes on load screens, losing any changes in stash, but keeping changes to character. I had been killing bosses and cows and stashing runes and had lost several hours of loot.

This will probably not be good for my social life...

Nope, F1-F8 are it, unless you are super special or know something. My buddy said he saw a streamer using a different keybind, but didn't know how it was done.
wow that sucks. programmable mouse ftw I guess? I can remap any key to mouse buttons.

Keybinds for Skills in Diablo II: Resurrected​

For many new players to Diablo II: Resurrected, it might come as a surprise to learn that you can actually keybind multiple skills, allowing you to change your right click abilities on the fly. To do this with default keybinds, follow the steps below:
  • Press S to open "Skill Speed Bar"
  • Hover over a Skill Icon and Press any of the Function keys, such as F1, F2, F3, and so on
  • Press any of the Function keys to instantly swap your right click ability

25220.jpg

Yea, I broke down and got the game last night.

Man, all these years of Grim Dawn and Path of Exile have spoiled me. This game is some tough shit. I must have 250 deaths by now.

I got into freaking fire ants again. Doped up on Benadryl. While visiting Akara, I accidentally reset my level 20 sorceress' stats, and then proceeded put every single one of them into strength. :homer:

Don't play Diablo medicated.

In my defense I mistakenly thought you could hold shift and add five points at a time like on the Diablo 3, nope shift adds all you've got.

I got into freaking fire ants again. Doped up on Benadryl. While visiting Akara, I accidentally reset my level 20 sorceress' stats, and then proceeded put every single one of them into strength. :homer:

Don't play Diablo medicated.

In my defense I mistakenly thought you could hold shift and add five points at a time like on the Diablo 3, nope shift adds all you've got.
Strength Sorc used to be a thing back in the day.

Strength Sorc used to be a thing back in the day.
I built a godly Enchantress melee Sorc back in the day, total damage rivaled that of an end game Hammerdin, but she was a glass cannon. Fun for dueling folks, she could 1 hit kill most of the popular builds, but she was usually pretty useless against mobs of monsters.

Goal for this one is a MFing sorc to farm with, I'll reset again in Nightmare. I'm making slow progress, just made it to Act 3, Normal, been on the road, and Days Inn's wifi wasn't good enough to game on. :frown:

I built a godly Enchantress melee Sorc back in the day, total damage rivaled that of an end game Hammerdin, but she was a glass cannon. Fun for dueling folks, she could 1 hit kill most of the popular builds, but she was usually pretty useless against mobs of monsters.

Goal for this one is a MFing sorc to farm with, I'll reset again in Nightmare. I'm making slow progress, just made it to Act 3, Normal, been on the road, and Days Inn's wifi wasn't good enough to game on. :frown:
Yea, I'm going with a Blizz Sorc. I had one in D2. Right click, teleport to boss, Static to 25%, Blizz, loot. I had Baal runs done in like 3m.

Soloed through norm with a woefully out of spec Blizzard Sorc, finished Norm Baal at level 33, Ancients were easy, Baal's mana burn made things challenging. My stupid merc kept fighting Baals tentacles instead of Baal, so he was useless.

Found a Sol rune in one of the levels just before Nihlathak, I thought that was a pretty decent random drop for Norm.

I've got two Eth pole arms, a vogule and a Scythe, can't find a stinking Amn rune to try and Cube sockets in them, I've got every thing else. Haven't found a single 4 socket pole arm or 4 socket shield yet. I've got some decent base items to Cube though if I can ever farm the correct components.

Most striking for the remaster for me so far was The River of Flame, that lava looked awesome!

I'm also happy that you can select what level of difficulty in the Lobby even after beating Normal, you're not stuck choosing Nightmare public games. That's a nice feature. It's been about 8 years since I played the original LOD, back then the only public games you could see on battle.net were whatever the highest difficulty your character had advanced to. You learned not to actually kill Baal until you were sure you were ready to move on to the next level.

I think I've had enough trudging along now, I've soloed Norm, ya me! I'll be rushing Nightmare and Hell.

We need to get an Irate4x4 group together, keep an eye out for items for everyone.

I forgot how badly a summoner sucks without Enigma. Just started a sorc, as much as I hate them, I'm gonna need one to feed gear to my other toons.

That's why I started with a Sorc, just to farm for other characters.

Learned the hard way that a Superior Brandistock is a "spear" and not a "pole arm." At least Insight runes are relatively cheap, what a waste.

I'm going to have to remap my skill hotkeys, I've alt + F4 closed the game about 6 times now.

Also my hand hides the health globe when I've got my fingers resting on F1-5.

My Blizz Sorc is slow going. ONe point in Warmth and using Leaf, but I'm still having to pop into town every few minutes to restock mana pots. Just entered Act 4. I have the worst gear. I almost may run Meph a few times to get something.

Wasted a socket quest on a Superior Kite Shield, thinking I'd get 4 sockets, nope, Kite's max 3, Monarch is 4... I'm rusty.

Finally got an Insight though, and have more 4 socket pole arms than I know what to do with now, nothing super special, just Vogules, Scythes, and Pole Axes, but they are all Ethereal, all found or Cubed by me, if anyone needs one let me know.

Have my Sorc in Act II Hell, but she's still squishy, and wearing trash gear. I've been farming the heck out of Nightmare.

Have my Sorc in Act 5 Hell, man it's tough when you don't know anyone to rush.

I got in on a private game with some randos, we trudged through Act2-4 together. Then I got some Pallys to kill Ancients for me.

Never thought I'd miss farming bots, but with out a steady stream of Chaos and Baal bots to follow and leach exp from, it's really time consuming to level.

My Sorc is pretty well useless in Hell, so many cold immunes and my Merc isn't enough of a tank to do much yet.

The price of things is weird, the market is still fresh and on the flip side of not having bots, it isn't artificiality flooded with high end items.

I've seen a zod listed already, hard to believe someone had one drop already. I got a Lem off Nightmare Forge, best I've done yet.

Haven't found a 4 socket sword with low enough strength/dex requirements yet. I did find this white, Crystal Sword on NM Countess, so I gambled, Amn + Ral + P Amethyst with it in the Cube and got 4 sockets! :grinpimp:

The lucky streak continued, the very first Spirit I've made since Resurrection launched, got PERFECT FCR & FHR! :smokin:

Screenshot006.png

Top Back Refresh