What's new

"Stay a while and listen" - Deckard Cain

Lee

Guild of Calamitous Intent
Member Number
Loc
The Natural State

I'm more excited about this than any video game that's come out in the past 10 years.

I was a big enough nerd and sank enough time into the original to be ranked on the USEast Ladder a few times.

I cant wait for the release. I have all the other diablos and will own this on. simple slash and hack video games for this 52 year old non keyboard user.:grinpimp:

I lost three years to D2/LoD on USEast and west. I was playing around last year with single player with plugy mod for the QoL improvements.

Diablo 2? Shouldn't it be #4 by now?
Is this just a remake of the previous one or what?

Meh, never played any Diablo game. For whatever reason the concept reminded me of an old NES game called "The Immortal" and I just sort of ignored them. Blizzard will probably fuck it up like they did their last remake.

Eh, I'll try it I guess. Doing Pindleruns and Meph runs gets old though. Grim Dawn has a port for D2 that isn't half bad.

This isn't a new game, it's a "remaster" of an old game. Blizzard has done a similar treatment for Warcraft III, Starcraft/Brood Wars, and helped with the Crash Bandicoot remaster.

Updating the graphics, resolution, and compatibility with modern OSes for old games is very much in vogue of late. Diablo IV is in process, but it's Blizzard and their claim that it "might be released in '23 or '24," means that we probably won't see it until December 2026.

I've got D3, Reaper of Souls, the Necro add-on, and have played several Seasons, but there's only so many Greater Rifts you can grind through, before you get bored.

I welcome something "new" and for the PC, in the Diablo universe, after the Diablo Immortal announcement debacle a couple of years ago. <crickets> :lmao:

This isn't a new game, it's a "remaster" of an old game. Blizzard has done a similar treatment for Warcraft III, Starcraft/Brood Wars, and helped with the Crash Bandicoot remaster.

Updating the graphics, resolution, and compatibility with modern OSes for old games is very much in vogue of late. Diablo IV is in process, but it's Blizzard and their claim that it "might be released in '23 or '24," means that we probably won't see it until December 2026.

I've got D3, Reaper of Souls, the Necro add-on, and have played several Seasons, but there's only so many Greater Rifts you can grind through, before you get bored.

I welcome something "new" and for the PC, in the Diablo universe, after the Diablo Immortal announcement debacle a couple of years ago. <crickets> :lmao:

That's sort of how I feel. All these reboots. I mainly stick to Path of Exile as my go-to ARPG game. Anything else just seems inferior.

Eh, I'll try it I guess. Doing Pindleruns and Meph runs gets old though. Grim Dawn has a port for D2 that isn't half bad.

Between grad school and getting a "real job" I spent A LOT of time playing this game. I'd bet literal weeks of my life have been spent key farming for Uber runs.

Despite GG and an inordinate amount of time spent playing, the highest rune I ever found was a Ber. Jewels was really not as impressed as I thought she should be. :o

I used to have a bunch of screen shots and videos on Photobucket, from back in my D2jsp days* but well Photobucket... I still have a few videos on YouTube, if you want to see some 15 year old videos of me playing a 20+ year old game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8eS...1wqSqClyxzXngT

*I probably still have some forum gold if my account still exists and I could remember the credentials.

That's sort of how I feel. All these reboots. I mainly stick to Path of Exile as my go-to ARPG game. Anything else just seems inferior.

EA has owned Westwood since the early aughts, I was a big fan of the Command & Conquer series, and recently got EA's remastered version of Red Alert 2, it's been pretty fun, but I haven't played any other remasters. Blizzard started adding their OG games on Battle.net a few years ago, I think I bought a Win10 compatible version of Warcraft III for $10 and they offered the original version of Starcraft for free during an anniversary, I think. I've been content with my 640x480 256 color nostalgia on my laptop. :grinpimp:

Diablo 3 pissed me off too much. I found it got boring, really fast.

It's pissed me off since day one. I pre-purchased, but didn't realize I could pre-download too, I was on DSL at the time, on release day I spent like 6 hours downloading the game, only to be met with the infamous Error 3006 for 2 or 3 days. The first few years the item drop rate was so skewed, and the auction house prices were so inflated, you were likely reaching end game without a single set item, and maybe one or two junk legendary items. Things got better after they killed the auction house and added the Reaper of Souls expansion, but they nerfed drops so far the other way, that set items and legendaries really aren't that rare or special anymore.

Last edited:
EA has owned Westwood since the early aughts, I was a big fan of the Command & Conquer series, and recently got EA's remastered version of Red Alert 2, it's been pretty fun, but I haven't played any other remasters. Blizzard started adding their OG games on Battle.net a few years ago, I think I bought a Win10 compatible version of Warcraft III for $10 and they offered the original version of Starcraft for free during an anniversary, I think. I've been content with my 640x480 256 color nostalgia on my laptop. :grinpimp:
Funny you mention Westwood. Dune II was my first ever PC game. That's how it all started for me. Name represents more than just a company name for me. I was a major player of C&C. That's my go-to handle for any game I ever play.

[486 said:
;n320286]starcraft>all

That never stuck with me. I was a big AOE2 player. In fact, a buddy and I played one of the developers. We won, but then again it was 2v1.

Here's a better idea of what to expect.

The 3D looks great, the new graphics look great, the added environmental effects look/sound great.
I like that you don't have to perm a character.
I like that characters won't auto delete after 90 days of no log-in.
I've never played on a console, but I can see the advantage of cross platform play.
I like the shared stash amongst all of your characters, very much like D3. I used to keep a perpetual private game running on the desktop in the basement just to have a safe place to swap items between characters.
Auto gold pick-up is great, I'm glad it's optional for those who don't want it for nostalgia though.
I'm torn about the addition of detailed stats, sure it's easier, but that kills some of the, super nerdy charm of having to actually calculate stats like Magic Find, and Smite damage, now every pleb will know.
I'm also torn about it being on the global servers, I get it, but USEast server was home. :homer:

All in all, I'm quite excited, and yes I've pre-ordered already. :grinpimp:

My buddies and I had a good time playing Diablo 3 on the PS4. Will keep an eye on this. Will they be making it for PS4, cause I'm sure as fuck not buying a PS5 until they're either dirt cheap or I finally decide I need one... Not like I have any time for video games anymore anyhow.

you nerds need to get with the times. kids dont even play video games anymore. they sit around and pay to watch other kids play video games.

My buddies and I had a good time playing Diablo 3 on the PS4. Will keep an eye on this. Will they be making it for PS4, cause I'm sure as fuck not buying a PS5 until they're either dirt cheap or I finally decide I need one... Not like I have any time for video games anymore anyhow.

I can't wrap my head around playing games like Diablo on a console, give me a mouse and keyboard!

Is the PS5 not going to do like the Xbox's "Smart Delivery?" I haven't bought a console game since Doom '16, but briefly considered a new Series Alphabet Xbox to replace my Xbox One for Halo Infinite, but since Microsoft is allowing backwards comparability with Smart Delivery, I'm not wasting my money on a new console for a single game. Our TV is a 46"1080p 240hz, that still has a phenomenal picture, new Xbox doesn't offer enough advantage over what I've got to justify it.

I can't wrap my head around playing games like Diablo on a console, give me a mouse and keyboard!

Is the PS5 not going to do like the Xbox's "Smart Delivery?" I haven't bought a console game since Doom '16, but briefly considered a new Series Alphabet Xbox to replace my Xbox One for Halo Infinite, but since Microsoft is allowing backwards comparability with Smart Delivery, I'm not wasting my money on a new console for a single game. Our TV is a 46"1080p 240hz, that still has a phenomenal picture, new Xbox doesn't offer enough advantage over what I've got to justify it.

Meh, If I'm going to play a game I'm going to sit my ass on the couch with a beer and play. If I'm at my computer I'm either shitposting, researching something, or looking for parts/tools/buys of the century on Craigslist. :flipoff2:

😈The Gates of Hell Open September 23😈

ablo-2-Resurrected_GLP-Page-Hero-1084_1920x1080_03.jpg

:bounce::bounce2:

Top Back Refresh