What's new

"Stay a while and listen" - Deckard Cain

My kids are as old as I was when I got sucked into Diablo II.

Fuck that noise, I lost a whole summer to that damn game. I don't know why it was so addicting, but I had plenty of friends to play with so we never actually saw each other for a long time.

After the way Blizzard has acted, I'll pass. I need to be a responsible adult anyways.

Path of Exile has ruined any ARPG for me. NOthing comes close.

Grim Dawn has a great Diablo II port. I feel like this is just a money grab from Blizzard.

I'll probably get it for nostalgia purposes.

I spent hundreds of hours farming back in the day. Sold items on Ebay for spending cash. It was a good time.

I don't think any modern AARPG is going to beat Grim Dawn in playability, loot, character customization, and just plain awesomeness.

I don't think any modern AARPG is going to beat Grim Dawn in playability, loot, character customization, and just plain awesomeness.
I could never get into that. Path of Exile is next freaking level though.

I'll probably get it for nostalgia purposes.

I spent hundreds of hours farming back in the day. Sold items on Ebay for spending cash. It was a good time.

I did the same, sold several items and complete sets on eBay before they banned selling in game items. After they banned it, I still sold some, just had to put all of the item description text in an image to get around their early filters. I think the AI may be a bit more sophisticated these days.

I pivoted from eBay to D2JSP and was filthy stinking rich in forum gold there at one point, thanks to lucking into a perfect Paladin Torch. I farmed key sets and organ sets, for a long time the exchange was, a key or organ set = a high rune. I could farm key sets way faster than high runes, bonus you'd occasionally find mid runes while key farming and could cube mid runes into high runes.

I'm going to have to pace myself, if I treat D2 Resurrected like I did the original, Jewels may divorce me. :laughing:

Have you guys seen the get payed to play games now that are coming out with blockchain tech?

You guys talk about selling items on EBay for cash… that’s happening now, just with crypto

Wasn't it Diablo 3 had an auction house that you could sell stuff? I think that's where I was selling items for a bit. Paid for a few things through Blizzard. An expansion for something.

Never got into games like Diablo. I hate that the start at one end and get lead to the other type games.

I like the wide open environment games. Asherons call, Everquest, eve online. The games you can do whatever you want to in them. Currently playing a little bit of eve echoes.

ActiveRecklessBasilisk-max-1mb.gif

Wasn't it Diablo 3 had an auction house that you could sell stuff? I think that's where I was selling items for a bit. Paid for a few things through Blizzard. An expansion for something.
Yeah, for about the first 2 years after launch. Devs realized it, "undermined Diablo's core game play," and axed it. I never spent real money on it, but did buy and sell for in game credit. During those first few years, sets, legendaries, even good rares and uniques were hard to come by. I haven't played D3 in about a year, unless they've changed recently, the pendulum swung entirely the other way, drops are so nerfed you can pick up GG just following behind folks clearing Rifts. Plus, with the Season Achievement reward gift sets, you can kit out a character with full sets in no time at all.

Also, anything you pick up in game is locked to your account now, there's basically no trading of items. There's a short ~2 hour window that you can give something you pick up to someone that was in your party when you picked it up, after that it's locked.

I get them wanting to control the market and stop 3rd party sales, but there's got to be a better way. I'm a die hard fan of the franchise (if you couldn't already tell) but even I can only handle about a season's worth of Greater Rift grinding once every 18 months or so before I'm bored and move on.

Waiting to see how it turns out. Their previous remasters have been utter garbage thanks to Activision rushing them and heavily monetizing them. Blizzard's track record in general lately is pretty awful and they fired the project lead recently in relation to the current lawsuit with California.

Waiting to see how it turns out. Their previous remasters have been utter garbage thanks to Activision rushing them and heavily monetizing them. Blizzard's track record in general lately is pretty awful and they fired the project lead recently in relation to the current lawsuit with California.
Yawp. That's why I'm not remotely interested.

I was an everquest nerd and never did diablo II much.

Is it gonna be worth the $40 on playstation or will I hate it with a controller?

I cannot for the life of me see how playing an ARPG with a controller is even possible.

Reactions: Lee
4x cds. Three for D2 and one for LoD.
Yeah, I was only thinking about LoD, not considering you already had to have D2 installed. Still < 3 GB for all of the original.

I kept an .iso of LoD mounted in a virtual drive so I wouldn't scratch the disc. I'm that big of a D2 nerd. :grinpimp:

I cannot for the life of me see how playing an ARPG with a controller is even possible.
that's kind of what I thought.
If it supports keyboard and mouse on the PS4 I can do that. some games do.

my pc gaming days are long gone, just a filthy casual on a console a few hours a week.

My latest console is a PS1. :laughing:

Just started the download, 29.13 GB :eek: those better be some freaking awesome graphics, considering the original and all cut scenes fit on a 700 MB CD.
Played the last beta and was for the most part impressed. I used to live, breath and sleep D2 from release up until 1.09. Then picked it back up PlugY single player a few years ago. I spent days on the old diabloii.net forums and the LurkerLounge. I have forgotten more about D2 than most people would know about the game. Now that I'm married I'm going to have to learn moderation, because my Mrs. will see me put in an 18 hour marathon session once and then leave my stupid ass.

Just started the download, 29.13 GB :eek: those better be some freaking awesome graphics, considering the original and all cut scenes fit on a 700 MB CD.
That's not even a large download as far as games go these days. The new CoD games are 200+ gig and regularly have 50+ gig updates.

Iirc they redid 100% of the cinematics from the original. They outsourced the remaster as well and the company that did it has a good track record for other remasters.

Played the last beta and was for the most part impressed. I used to live, breath and sleep D2 from release up until 1.09. Then picked it back up PlugY single player a few years ago. I spent days on the old diabloii.net forums and the LurkerLounge. I have forgotten more about D2 than most people would know about the game. Now that I'm married I'm going to have to learn moderation, because my Mrs. will see me put in an 18 hour marathon session once and then leave my stupid ass.
200.gif

Same man, same.

Long ass day, got home a little after 8:00, looking forward to trying out D2 Res, watched all the opening cinematic, skip through the quick start guides, create a character, and... servers down. :shaking:

Can't get past the lobby, it's about as mature as I remember. Everyone bitching about it not working. Best comment so far, "still better than Diablo 3." :laughing::lmao:

I'm also annoyed that Ladder Season 1 didn't start on day 1, WTF? I don't want to sink a bunch of effort into a non ladder character.

Well, I might pick it up sooner too. I'm a sucker for nostalgia.

I smile every time I think of killing hundreds of cows per throw of my Amazonian spear.

Rush parties anyone? :grinpimp:

Well, I might pick it up sooner too. I'm a sucker for nostalgia.

I smile every time I think of killing hundreds of cows per throw of my Amazonian spear.

Rush parties anyone? :grinpimp:
Wait a week or two. The game is full of crashes and rollbacks. Yea know, typical Blizzard release.

Top Back Refresh