What's new

Spinoff: Who is not going back to the original?

Unfortunately for you all I’m going to settle in here.

All of the previous posts have pretty much covered all the reasons I’m having to accept that the PBB I knew since 2005 is now officially gone.

I didn’t have much tech to offer but I read almost daily. I got my news and differing opinions from there. I answered favors for those in need and got help on a few of my own there.
I got my ass handed to me in advice threads but always came away with a new perspective on what my next approach should be.

I killed a lot of time waiting in airports and various places just popping in to read the latest topics and the banter on continuing ones. I miss the yellow highlights where you could pick up where you left off in a thread, but whatever.
This format is new and foreign to me, but I’m willing to learn it because the soul of PBB I knew seems to be here and growing. Those VS assholes just shit on our entire community and did it knowing that we wouldn’t like it all in the name of ad revenue.

I didn’t mind the political threads only because they offered many varied perspectives that maybe I hadn’t thought of. I liked that. I think I learned something about something every time I visited PBB.
Where else could you open a thread on a particular topic and have it devolve into something completely unrelated but there was a nugget of info to be had after all.

The only reason I can think to ever log in again would be to rescue my Disneyland coleslaw recipe from the cooking forum. That’s the only place I know I have it written down and I want it.

I used to love sharing the knowledge I knew about jeep stuff and all the things I had done. Now with a family and other shit to do, my jeep has been built and I don't wheel as much as I'd like to. A lot of the tech and things I posted are in forums long gone. When my local forum changed, I left leaving me only with Pirate. It was my home. They burned it to the ground. This is my new home. I've forgotten all the shit I knew 15 years ago because in my mind it's obsolete. I built my rigs bigger and better. I loved helping people where I could but sadly the tech and off the wall shit is gone. I don't face book, I don't have a smart phone I just knew for me that was the place to be. It's gone. It sucks, but such as life we move on. And it's not just the format, that place is hard to use. This forum has a great format that I easily adapted to.

I love coleslaw

Help me find my recipe over there and make it.
It’s a non mayo slaw that they served in the BBQ place in Disneyland circa 2008.
I raved about it so much to the waitress that she got the chef to write it down for me.

20200521_191348.png

There's about 10 threads I keep up on over there that I'll keep following, but I hope they'll end up here.
I've been happy to see some of the PBB and JKO threads already rebuilding here, and you guys rock! :beer:
This place will never be the ol' PBB (RIP), but it sure seems the heart & soul are alive and well, right here.

Oh, and talk about PERFECT Timing :laughing: - I canceled my blue star subscription yesterday, got this email today:

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum <[email protected]> said:
Dear ExWrench,

Your access to the paid subscription "Pirate4x4.com: Land Use Warrior" is about to expire.

Your subscription should automatically renew. If it does not you can renew this subscription here: https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/payments.php

Be sure to check out our new blue star program which donates $10 of each subscription to the Blue Ribbon Coalition!

If you do not want to renew your subscription, you can cancel it in your Paypal account.

Thanks again for your continued support!
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Pirate4x4com

I'd like to say I planned that^, but I'll take luck any day :grinpimp:

"Find us on Facebook" :rolleyes: - mothfukles, I don't Facebook :flipoff:
. . . you can find me on irate4x4 :flipoff2:

Isn’t that the truth. Hell, I stopped my build updates because adding photos turned into a pain in the ass.

I think that I’m going to start a thread again, just for all those peeps who don’t care.

I just started mine in the ferd section for the most recent upgrades we have planned. I hope to find some of my old pics so that I can update the thread with where it started, not just the new FI install.

I planned on it, but it's as shitty as I thought it would be and I'm genuinely shocked this many people have signed up here. I've seen a dozen+ attempts at people trying to do spinoff forums when VS has switched to Xenforo and it's failed miserably every time. Usually see a couple hundred people show up initially, maybe 50 of them actually post for a month or so then it dies off.

Hoping that's not the case here. PBB was the last forum I check on a regular basis, hate to see it die completely because of another XF migration.

I am also really hoping this can take off and pull the majority of people from PBB, but like said that is a tall task to accomplish. Legacy information is something that is never going away on the old site, and that's going to always be a problem. I would really like to never go back just to say fuck VS, but there's still good content there unfortunately. If there is a way to have at least partial access to old content while never "leaving" this site, it would be a huge advantage.

I've read the migrating data thread, and I get it's not as easy as just copying things. But, there has to be a loophole somewhere? Some type of search function within this site that uses a google or PBB search functionality to display results? Links to archived text data, or non-monetized displays of archived info like on the wayback machine? An app that allows individual users to copy and pull image or text files from old threads to here? Fair use by parody?? I have no clue how any of that technically would work, but someone has got to. :laughing:

Like a lot of you, I am just tired of seeing the forums wither and die. If anyplace can pull off a mutiny, it's here. :flipoff2:

I've noticed you toned it way back, over there and now here.

Keep up the good work. :flipoff2:

🍺

You haven't been able to drag your chew toy, Li'l Jizzy, over here? :confused:

I'm not applying for the position - I'll scream "rape" :flipoff2:

EDIT: he's here now - #1191 :laughing:

Last edited:
The only reason I can think to ever log in again would be to rescue my Disneyland coleslaw recipe from the cooking forum. That’s the only place I know I have it written down and I want it.

Here ya go :beer:

Here's a coleslaw recipe that doesn't use mayo so it can travel with minimal refrigeration.

Courtesy and credit to Bryan the Sous Chef at Big Thunder Ranch @ Disneyland for emailing it to me after I requested from our trip we just got back from.

White Wine vinegar 1 cup
sugar 1 cup
salt 1 1/2 tsp
celery seed 1 tsp
paprika 1 tsp
black pepper 3/4 tsp
cayenne pepper 1/4 tsp
olive oil 1/2 cup

combine in blender except oil.
add oil slowly while running mixture.

Green cabbage 2 lbs.
Red cabbage 1/2 lb.
Carrots 2 oz

Shred all .

Add dressing 1 cup at a time.

Marinate for at least 2 hours.

I pop in, just can't stand the layout with the bold text titles and all the stupid pastel avitar letters. Do these people not know that they can put load an avitar now? :confused: It all seems to be at a standstill now anyway. This one is above and beyond what pirate has been the last few years. I won't delete it though.

Top Back Refresh