What's new

Spinoff: Who is not going back to the original?

Moved here, no intention of going back to ass hat central. New name, same asshole I have always been.

Fuck me, been around PBB so long it's like "Remember back in the day................"

Not a slave to the 'net by any means. we'll see what shakes out here.

Ironically Pirate was about the only thing I ever looked at unless it was ordering parts. Now they turned that into a shit basket.

I don't see myself going back. I don't run Adblock, so the display on that site sucks balls now. If VS scope does that to all the sites they buy doesn't it drive off the members and thus kill add views?

Photofukit killed so much. Just on pirate alone with wealth of knowledge there is criminal not to mention countess other forums.

The sheer volume of intellectual property destroyed by the assassination of forums is quite literally a criminal offense. Through the powers of crowd source, we amassed one of the most in-depth encyclopedic knowledge bases ever compiled in the post industrial era. Not just on Pirate but throughout entire web. The public forum structure that's been destroyed since the invention of social networks and the app frameworks is absolutely disgusting. A blip in time that will likely go down in history unnoticed.

The sheer volume of intellectual property destroyed by the assassination of forums is quite literally a criminal offense. Through the powers of crowd source, we amassed one of the most in-depth encyclopedic knowledge bases ever compiled in the post industrial era. Not just on Pirate but throughout entire web. The public forum structure that's been destroyed since the invention of social networks and the app frameworks is absolutely disgusting. A blip in time that will likely go down in history unnoticed.

This right here.

HONESTLY,

I like a simple pub not a club, this kind has the club feel to it

If the other site rolled back the update and gave me back the simple, clean interface, and gave me BACK the control over my content I had a week ago, I'd probably go back or at least go back and forth.

This format, other than being black, doesn't look or feel exactly right. It's to ........ modern. (But I am appreciating it more and more. it's just taking a minute)
There is a lot to this interface, and I am a simple man. And since I am being brutally honest, I don't see a HUGE difference in looks from the other site (in dark mode).

BUT They aint rolling shit back, so I will likely be here forever and am grateful someone gave me an alternative. A place to be, and isn't locking down my shit.

When it comes to design, I’m in the same boat as you. It was a big attraction of PBB, or any old site. I have a smart phone for a reason, stop dumbing down my site.

I’ve turned off or hidden a lot of “features” this software came with simply because they were obnoxious. Some are nice to have, when I can cleanly integrate some of them I will.

This whole ‘mobile-first’ design mentality has been the result of Google ranking sites with mobile friendly designs higher than those that don’t. It’s been a thing for so long that software itself is designed around the idea of having a mobile skin.

Either way … this is about as old skool PBB as I could get it

When it comes to design, I’m in the same boat as you. It was a big attraction of PBB, or any old site. I have a smart phone for a reason, stop dumbing down my site.

I’ve turned off or hidden a lot of “features” this software came with simply because they were obnoxious. Some are nice to have, when I can cleanly integrate some of them I will.

This whole ‘mobile-first’ design mentality has been the result of Google ranking sites with mobile friendly designs higher than those that don’t. It’s been a thing for so long that software itself is designed around the idea of having a mobile skin.

I'm sure I speak for more than myself when I say that I cant thank you enough for doing this!:beer:

I'm sure I speak for more than myself when I say that I cant thank you enough for doing this!:beer:

You are the guy that was sucking Jeff's dick in the original admin thread over there. It's cock breakfast, lunch and dinner for you.:flipoff2:

You are the guy that was sucking Jeff's dick in the original admin thread over there. It's cock breakfast, lunch and dinner for you.:flipoff2:

I know I'm sexy and shit, but no need to follow me over here just to blow sweet nothings in my ear. :flipoff2:

Oh, and BTW I call bullshit. Please find my dick sucking posts and link them here. :cool:

I did not post much at all at pbb. I read lots though. I liked the comraderie and banter everyone had that made Pirate what it was.
I quit going there on a regular, three times a day basis when photofukit shit on all the build threads. After that happened, I just checked on subscribed threads once a week or so. I will definitely get a paid subscription to Irate. Maybe get a sticker when they are for sale to pimp my hoopty.

I rum a test and this site burns 30% less battery life than PBB does now with all those Ads. That site eats my battery up. Not to mention this runs Much faster on my old antique I'm on.

I know when I look at this site it doesn't remind of the old PBB. It simply doesn't have that same look, same background images etc.... The old PBB wasn't simply black, there was some green/brown stuff textured around the sides and banners at the top. A few other things like not listing the jump to page numbers after the thread titles is also throwing me a bit. I'm also now getting likes, wtf?

However, thats ok. I think the biggest thing we learned from VS is that forums need some management and effort put in to them to keep them relevant over time. Honestly, it seemed like PBB was starting to get better oddly enough because they started having to pay attention to it and fix user issues before the update, of course that could also be because of the corona and people were staying home more and surfing the net. I think the biggest thing this site has going for it is someone that wants to run it and wants to actively grow it. Thats huge!

So I'm here now. I'll probably always keep my PBB login, but we will see how often I visit over there. There is still a lot of good tech over there, its just a matter of finding it. If things go well here, and I don't see why they won't, this place will amass a bunch of newer tech and eventually I won't ever need to go back.

Kevin

I planned on it, but it's as shitty as I thought it would be and I'm genuinely shocked this many people have signed up here. I've seen a dozen+ attempts at people trying to do spinoff forums when VS has switched to Xenforo and it's failed miserably every time. Usually see a couple hundred people show up initially, maybe 50 of them actually post for a month or so then it dies off.

Hoping that's not the case here. PBB was the last forum I check on a regular basis, hate to see it die completely because of another XF migration.

I planned on it, but it's as shitty as I thought it would be and I'm genuinely shocked this many people have signed up here. I've seen a dozen+ attempts at people trying to do spinoff forums when VS has switched to Xenforo and it's failed miserably every time. Usually see a couple hundred people show up initially, maybe 50 of them actually post for a month or so then it dies off.

Hoping that's not the case here. PBB was the last forum I check on a regular basis, hate to see it die completely because of another XF migration.

I've looked at a number other forums over the years,even signed up in a few.
I never really got the sense of community in those places that I saw on PBB.In large part I think that was a result of the (almost) free for all attitude that exists in the members.
Also,the fact that the change was shoved down our throats,and pleas to keep the soul of the place alive were ignored will go a long ways toward keeping this place alive and thriving.

They pissed off a bunch of people that are more than willing tell them to FOAD.

I get a different vibe with this one. With all that's going on and the horrible cartoon like change to the pirate format, I think the timing is impeccable. It's a done deal. This place is going to be the shit. Hell I'm seriously thinking of giving up some $$. ....and I'm a cheap ass mofo. :laughing:

I get a different vibe with this one. With all that's going on and the horrible cartoon like change to the pirate format, I think the timing is impeccable. It's a done deal. This place is going to be the shit. Hell I'm seriously thinking of giving up some $$. ....and I'm a cheap ass mofo. :laughing:

$20 is a nickel a day...

… this is about as old skool PBB as I could get it

your efforts have not gone unnoticed...

Appreciate the forethought, really!

The site seems to be taking off.

Signature lines are sometimes (often) blurred into posts for me but, maybe it's the mobile skin / desktop display that I'm using on an Android? Sig lines are within a tight proximity and without a border / same font same color so... I end up reading someone's sig into their every post, occasionally. :laughing:

Just deleted my paid subscription. Fuck em.

Hello XXXXX XXXXXX ,

You successfully canceled the following recurring payment. PayPal will no longer bill you. If you did not request this cancellation, contact PayPal Customer Support toll-free at 1-888-221-1161.

Note: Cancelling this payment with PayPal may not relieve you of the obligation to complete your contract with your merchant. You should notify your merchant directly about cancelling this payment.

Profile Details

Profile ID: I-816HF4B1JA9M
For: Pirate4x4.com: Land Use Warrior Subscription
Merchant Name: VerticalScope USA Inc.
Customer Service URL: http://www.pirate4x4.com
Customer Service Email: [email protected]

Top Back Refresh