What's new

Seats: Corbeau Baja RS suspension seats

Seems like you’ve already decided but I’ll add for future. I think these are Corbeau RS? Picked two up for like $100

I’m 6’3” 215 and I find them comfortable. I think most seats are going to be “short” for my height, look at the stock seat next to it. At 215 I find the “hugging” to be just right on dem hips. Maybe I just got lucky with the way I mounted them to the stock sliders, the seat seems to travel in an arc so I can kinda adjust the recline by sliding it forward and backwards. Stock seat was terrible and I was sore after just a short day trip in them.
I think Corbeau sells replacement covers too, which eventually I’ll do, but for now I just throw a towel over these.

1696609867303.jpeg
Nice! If I could find a deal like that I'd be all over it. But nothing I can find for sale anywhere remotely local. And 2k+ for 2 seats when I'm not racing is kinds rediculous.

Nice! If I could find a deal like that I'd be all over it. But nothing I can find for sale anywhere remotely local. And 2k+ for 2 seats when I'm not racing is kinds rediculous.

It’s ridiculous that you are you seeing 2k+ for seats.
IMG_9408.png
IMG_9406.png

I'll add my .02. We just spent 10hr in a set of PRP Daily Driver's. Mounted to a set of cut down K5 bases. Also running their 4pt harnesses.

Neither the wife or I are nearly as worn out as with the factory seats we previously had. I'm 5'10" around 160lbs. She's shorter and slightly heavier than me. This was the first real use of the seats and they were worth every penny. Spending the day bouncing around the sand dunes before would have us both sore at the end of the day. Having more support and being strapped in tight made a huge difference. The back could be a touch taller for me but not a big enough deal for me to want to swap them out.

20231005_195655.jpg

FWIW: The pair of these was $1606.64. Options I got were heated, front and rear pockets, upgraded to small diamond stitching. The matching rear was $898.32 with the only option being the upgraded stitching. Shipping was $400 to my door which seemed high for how they packaged them and their weight.

I'll add my .02. We just spent 10hr in a set of PRP Daily Driver's. Mounted to a set of cut down K5 bases. Also running their 4pt harnesses.

Neither the wife or I are nearly as worn out as with the factory seats we previously had. I'm 5'10" around 160lbs. She's shorter and slightly heavier than me. This was the first real use of the seats and they were worth every penny. Spending the day bouncing around the sand dunes before would have us both sore at the end of the day. Having more support and being strapped in tight made a huge difference. The back could be a touch taller for me but not a big enough deal for me to want to swap them out.

20231005_195655.jpg

FWIW: The pair of these was $1606.64. Options I got were heated, front and rear pockets, upgraded to small diamond stitching. The matching rear was $898.32 with the only option being the upgraded stitching. Shipping was $400 to my door which seemed high for how they packaged them and their weight.
They look great. My question being fixed back is it reclined too much in the standard position? Do you feel you lean your head on the head rest?

I usually sit up pretty straight in my seats that's why I'm not sure fixed backs would work for me.

I've got the driver's seat reclined a little bit. The head rest is in a good spot for me and how I like to sit.

The passenger seat is more level. Did that for the wife as she has shorter legs and couldn't touch the floor otherwise. When I sit in it, it doesn't feel bad or uncomfortable. I just prefer the slightly leaned back more.

The seats have vertical tabs for mounting. Used some angle iron to mount them to the K5 sliders, which have a slight curve to the top of them. I shimmed up the front of the seat to clear and get the back where I wanted.

I went back and forth on getting recliners or fixed back. Ultimately deciding on the fixed with the theory that I don't often change the seat angle in anything else I drive. This isn't quite a daily driver yet, but once it is more finished I plan on using it more often than not. So far I don't see any reason why I won't like how I currently have them mounted.

I have my seats kicked back a bit. My friend had the same exact seats but mounted flat and I wasn't a fan. I prefer the in the seat feeling vs. on it.

I ordered a heated seat controller kit off the aliexpress because NA sucks for that kind of shit, once that comes in I'll get back on this.

One last wheeling trip this year Oct 20-22 then it goes under the knife again.

Which ones?
Podium Elites with seat heaters and air lumbar. I just built a set and it's $940 a pop and I think that's more than it was a few months ago when I built them. They are $700 base price.

Man, now I want to order these seats:laughing:

Podium Elites with seat heaters and air lumbar. I just built a set and it's $940 a pop and I think that's more than it was a few months ago when I built them. They are $700 base price.

Man, now I want to order these seats:laughing:
But $2600 + duty cdn... See Canada sucks.

Corbeau Baja SS fixed back in my desert car. 5'11", 200lbs, fit perfectly fine and can run all day without any issue. Vinyl is easier to clean, but the fabric is far more comfortable and grippy.

Ok so 2 hours later after being out of town since Thursday, my time is my time.

The side bolsters on the Corbeaus are splayed out too far unless your ass is 30” wide.
IMG_0768.jpeg
IMG_0767.jpeg
The entire seat is 22" wide...

1697129558812.png

:flipoff2:

But $2600 + duty cdn... See Canada sucks.

Ship to states near border, drive over, grabs seats go back. I've shipped to guys this way in the past with no issues. Hell you just said you we in NC right? How much would you save to drive over for them?

Ship to states near border, drive over, grabs seats go back. I've shipped to guys this way in the past with no issues. Hell you just said you we in NC right? How much would you save to drive over for them?
Im in southern on. Problem is you need a full family and a 48 hour stay to bring shit back duty/ tax free. Each person is allowed $800 tax/duty free.

Last time I went over for a quick 35 min trip to Port Huron the tax man got me pricks even made me pay tax on the shipping charges to Michigan.

Canada sucks man.

Need to find an actual dealer up here and you can side step the shipping. But the ones I've found only have sports.car.seats.

I'd drive across in a vehicle missing two seats and then back with the new ones installed. I know easier said than done.

He'd spend too long apologizing to the border cop for driving with no seats and miss the install date...

Soory aboot no seats ey... :flipoff2:

Im in southern on. Problem is you need a full family and a 48 hour stay to bring shit back duty/ tax free. Each person is allowed $800 tax/duty free.

Last time I went over for a quick 35 min trip to Port Huron the tax man got me pricks even made me pay tax on the shipping charges to Michigan.

Canada sucks man.

He'd spend too long apologizing to the border cop for driving with no seats and miss the install date...

Soory aboot no seats ey... :flipoff2:
It EH! Lol :flipoff2::lmao::usa:freedom!

Top Back Refresh