What's new

Sand Hollow 2020

EE7E4F70-DBE0-4EF1-AA9C-8794BA0585A1.jpeg

EE7E4F70-DBE0-4EF1-AA9C-8794BA0585A1.jpeg

243CF799-306E-42EC-BF3E-5C2A5251DBD4.jpeg

0537709E-07BB-4AED-9A6B-12F11F990B0A.jpeg

Crowd watching the supercrawl championships

20201008_184101.jpg

So Mr stubs. How did going a week early work out. Was it still crazy busy?
Nope, it was nice.

The experience was nice for the years that I had been there during the event, but truthfully I’m over the growing crowds. I would rather wheel with my friends when they are not worried about keeping their rig together for the trailbreaker.

Nope, it was nice.

The experience was nice for the years that I had been there during the event, but truthfully I’m over the growing crowds. I would rather wheel with my friends when they are not worried about keeping their rig together for the trailbreaker.

Good to hear. And I agree crowds are overrated.

was there trail breaker coverage?

Yes they live streamed onto book of faces. I dont have any social media, so im not much help. This is as close to social media as i get

That sounds kinda ghey.

It looked like a comp course to me and not an actual trail, which is lame in my opinion. I think they wanted it right next to the tunnel for easy spectator access rather than in some unexplored/unconquered canyon that would require a bit of driving or be hard to find.

It looked like a comp course to me and not an actual trail, which is lame in my opinion. I think they wanted it right next to the tunnel for easy spectator access rather than in some unexplored/unconquered canyon that would require a bit of driving or be hard to find.

Last year was a comp course pretty much. We sat at the second coarse. It was a pretty tough coarse. I’m not sure who won, but Jessie Hains made short work of it. It had a pretty wicked drop they had to make into a deep crack. No one could get over the gate keeper at the first course. I enjoyed watching it.

Last year was a comp course pretty much. We sat at the second coarse. It was a pretty tough coarse. I’m not sure who won, but Jessie Hains made short work of it. It had a pretty wicked drop they had to make into a deep crack. No one could get over the gate keeper at the first course. I enjoyed watching it.

It is the first time I had seen it in person, but I thought the whole idea of "trail" breaker was to open a new trail. Wasn't Ironman the trail they made in the 2016 trail breaker? If it is just a comp course, then what is the point of having a "trail breaker" event separate from the Super Crawl competition? :confused:

Top Back Refresh