What's new

Sand Hollow 2020

Not sure what rig you are asking about...

The green buggy. A guy built a 22RE toyota pickup truck and he turned the axles upside down, made it "mid/rear engine"

Look at post 52, definitely not rear engine. Looks like maybe a subaru engine or some shit in the front?

Zoom in on the second picture. Looks like a GM balancer and alternator to me. Either LS or Ecotec is my guess. Balancer makes me think LS

Sounds like Mr Stubs needs to get those guys and their builds off the gram and on here :flipoff2:

Is it wrong that I passed up on the after hour shenanigans tonight?

A0F567AF-5C42-4C79-B669-9C57EEC36AA8.jpeg

Yes, i see it in the pics, looks like he is on a 3rd (4th?) engine setup now.

​​​​I think he is referring to the green buggy with treps, but maybe I'm the confused one.
​​​​

You are not confused.

I'm fully retarded. I thought that was the upside down axle buggy that was featured in Crawl magazine in 2017 or so.

Yes, i see it in the pics, looks like he is on a 3rd (4th?) engine setup now.

​​​​I think he is referring to the green buggy with treps, but maybe I'm the confused one.
​​​​

Green rig with Treps is a new this year build. That’s OG Greentruck’s new rig.

Tydes six shooter has been around forever, and just had another engine swap. He made it match K8’s set for easability.

so does barnyard camp or he drive home every night ? oh and whats the sauce on the breakfast table lol? :grinpimp:

So, who else is camping in the cheap seats? and by cheap seats out in the BLM area offsite?

No one I know yet. They shut down the primitive camp spots here. Supposedly they are opening them up for the event.

yeah, according to the site they are.

btw, to you know how tall that tunnel under the road is to get to it? tall enough for a truck with a camper?
Washington Dam Exit.fw.png

So, who else is camping in the cheap seats? and by cheap seats out in the BLM area offsite?

I probably am. I am planning on showing up Tuesday afternoon, but even if all of the primitive spots aren't full by the time I show up, I am not sure if it is worth paying $25/night to have showers. I am not sure the showers are even open though since they don't mention them in the amenities despite mentioning the bathrooms.

I am a bit torn though because it would be convenient to be camped where all the events are taking place and the trails are staging.

yeah, according to the site they are.

btw, to you know how tall that tunnel under the road is to get to it? tall enough for a truck with a camper?

I have camped in Long Valley before (where the map shows the BLM camping) and that overpass is plenty tall. It is the height of a regular interstate over pass. Most of the land out there is BLM (including Sand Mountain) so you can pretty much camp anywhere you like, but Long Valley or next to the Water tanks would be the most convenient and tow-rig-friendly spots outside the State Park.

I probably am. I am planning on showing up Tuesday afternoon, but even if all of the primitive spots aren't full by the time I show up, I am not sure if it is worth paying $25/night to have showers. I am not sure the showers are even open though since they don't mention them in the amenities despite mentioning the bathrooms.

I am a bit torn though because it would be convenient to be camped where all the events are taking place and the trails are staging.

I have camped in Long Valley before (where the map shows the BLM camping) and that overpass is plenty tall. It is the height of a regular interstate over pass. Most of the land out there is BLM (including Sand Mountain) so you can pretty much camp anywhere you like, but Long Valley or next to the Water tanks would be the most convenient and tow-rig-friendly spots outside the State Park.

Copy that. I've got myself and 1 other coming. I think at this point, you can't camp inside the park anyways. Campground is full and there was limited space for the participant area also from what I gathered, but yeah being there would be more convenient. maybe next time I'll plan ahead lol

thanks for the info on the tunnel. I was looking on google earth and it doesn't look like there's much area near the tanks for camping, but, that's a good alternate and worth looking at.

I'm aiming for tuesday night, but it may be late when I get there or wed am.

if ya see me, say hi.

Surveyboy

20151230_125120.jpg

Copy that. I've got myself and 1 other coming. I think at this point, you can't camp inside the park anyways. Campground is full and there was limited space for the participant area also from what I gathered, but yeah being there would be more convenient. maybe next time I'll plan ahead lol

thanks for the info on the tunnel. I was looking on google earth and it doesn't look like there's much area near the tanks for camping, but, that's a good alternate and worth looking at.

I'm aiming for tuesday night, but it may be late when I get there or wed am.

if ya see me, say hi.

Surveyboy

Same here, I will be rolling around in this pile:

007-chile-challenge-breath-taker-ford-bronco-ii.jpg?fit=around%7C875:492.jpg

Top Back Refresh