What's new

Sam I am

Does it come with any kids rides by chance?

Hey do you know if a 1.6 starter will work on a 1.3? I want to say yes, but it's been a long time.
I want to say no. I think the housing is to big and hits something.... they may be interchangeable one way but not the other

I want to say no. I think the housing is to big and hits something.... they may be interchangeable one way but not the other

It's the other way, I remembered when I swapped my first 1.6, the 1.3 starter hit the block.

I just put my spare 1.6 starter on my 1.3 with no issues.

Sorry to be an askhole, but figured I'd just add the tech :flipoff2:

How was the party?

It's the other way, I remembered when I swapped my first 1.6, the 1.3 starter hit the block.

I just put my spare 1.6 starter on my 1.3 with no issues.

Sorry to be an askhole, but figured I'd just add the tech :flipoff2:

How was the party?

You haven’t hauled 20 Suzukis from California to Idaho yet? Betcha got enough parts there to drive Suzukis until the end of time. :flipoff2:

Fit perfect :laughing:

20240102_150241.jpg
20240102_150244.jpg
20240102_150256.jpg

Did I mention I ordered 2" bds YJs for the rear? $280 shipped with bushings :smokin:

I'm curious if it's going to jack the rear way up or not. Hopefully it does, give me an excuse to raise the rear hangers.

Did I mention I ordered 2" bds YJs for the rear? $280 shipped with bushings :smokin:

I'm curious if it's going to jack the rear way up or not. Hopefully it does, give me an excuse to raise the rear hangers.

If not enough, find some Blazer/S10 leafs and make custom packs. I did that when I raised my rear hangers. BTW, raising the rear hangers is an awesome mod.

1.6L starter fits either 1.3 or 1.6.
1.3l starter is a larger diameter. It hits the oil return casting on the 1.6L block. It can be installed with a little clearancing with a grinder on the 1.6L block.

When I was a broke 18 year old with no more sidekick starters I did it.

36” iroks were my favorite tire I ever ran on a Sami. They kinda suck from everything I’ve seen on heavier rigs. Worked great for me. I swapped them from my Sami to my tagged 85 Toyota in 2009 for a couple big snow storms we had and felt unstoppable in 18” of snow.

36 and 39 iroks are killer snow tires, only thing that would have been better would be radials.

Slapped on some shackles I had to give me a bit so we could go play today. So much clearance now :laughing:

20240106_122542.jpg

Man does it have a ridiculous death wobble though. Any Sami specific ideas to cure that?

man those things are phat!

In my experience death wobble has been helped by tire balance, caster angle, new spring bushings, all the little nuisance stuff. could be anything really.

Hell yes!

We were supposed to get significant snowfall here.

It turned into 1” of sleet and freezing rain and 1” of snow. What a let down.

Crazy how awesome those bald tires work!

Gotta love kids chatting your ear off while doing four things. :laughing:

Looks like it works pretty damn well man. I would love to see a company or someone with money test a few different tires in deep snow like that. I have seen mud tests before but never really deep snow. I'm not sure about your area but snow we have around here it seemed like my STS's were about the best swamper I have had out of LTB,Bogger,TSL,STS and friend made mistake of thornbirds :lmao:.

Hell yes!

We were supposed to get significant snowfall here.

It turned into 1” of sleet and freezing rain and 1” of snow. What a let down.

We normally have 2-3' in town right now, but has been a warm winter. Was supposed to snow all weekend, but still nothing.

Obviously as soon as you go up in elevation, theres some :smokin:

Crazy how awesome those bald tires work!

I guess I never posted a Pic of the siping I did

20240104_181301.jpg

I've never done only sipes, but heard it helps in snow a lot. Figured these would be a good guenea pig. They seem to work, but also don't dig, which is nice. Was able to back out all but 2 times when I couldn't go forward.

Gotta love kids chatting your ear off while doing four things. :laughing:

Funny you mention that, he passed out like this while airing up:laughing:

20240106_171830.jpg

Looks like it works pretty damn well man. I would love to see a company or someone with money test a few different tires in deep snow like that. I have seen mud tests before but never really deep snow. I'm not sure about your area but snow we have around here it seemed like my STS's were about the best swamper I have had out of LTB,Bogger,TSL,STS and friend made mistake of thornbirds :lmao:.

Dude I would love to do a snow shoot out. I think there is a ton of misconceptions about what works in snow.

Where I grew up, in norcal, the snow was typically more wet. Like the kind that sticks together and you can make a snow ball easily. In my opinion, a good flexible tire with somewhat aggressive tread seemed to be the best. Which is basically an IROK. Bias are good and radial are better. Often times when stuff got knarly, creepy crawling was the way to go.

Now I'm in an area where it's usually much colder and the snow is more Duffy. The stuff in the pics you could easily walk through at nut hieght. Will not pack into a snow ball.

I think this is where mild tread and siping shines.

I'm going to rock these tires for now, maybe even add more sipes. But ultimately I'd like to find some radials. Either the same size iroks, some of the sts you mentioned in a 35 or 36, or an mtrk in a 35.

Attachments

• 20240106_171830.jpg
    20240106_171830.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
  • 20240104_181301.jpg
    20240104_181301.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I’ve always wondered what a set of paddles would do in the snow lol.

If you had a ton of power and could keep moving, probably pretty good. Almost like hydroplaning on water.

I really wanted to try these ss360 sand tires in a 35x13x15, but wussed out

SS360-pair-1500.png

They're super light and ballony, but maybe too much? I also sold the tracks to get away from trailering and those obviously wouldn't last at all on the road.

If you had a ton of power and could keep moving, probably pretty good. Almost like hydroplaning on water.

I really wanted to try these ss360 sand tires in a 35x13x15, but wussed out

SS360-pair-1500.png

They're super light and ballony, but maybe too much? I also sold the tracks to get away from trailering and those obviously wouldn't last at all on the road.
My buddy ram those on his gay-zer and they were not impressive. No horizontal traction. A solid radial tire with some grooving is hard to beat in the snow.

My buddy ram those on his gay-zer and they were not impressive. No horizontal traction. A solid radial tire with some grooving is hard to beat in the snow.

Gotcha

Floatation isn't everything. Kinda like the 39x18 or whatever pit bulls, they are just too balloon like to work well.

I agree, radial is always superior untill yuge tires like 49s

Oof. I see that breaking more parts than wheeling.

It's possible. Just like wheeling, it's all in the driving style. :laughing:

It doesn't really work anyway. Plow was set for the 32s, so the extra hieght just makes the blade trip constantly. Then the chains hit the cab if I turn more than 1.05 degrees :laughing:

It's possible. Just like wheeling, it's all in the driving style. :laughing:

It doesn't really work anyway. Plow was set for the 32s, so the extra hieght just makes the blade trip constantly. Then the chains hit the cab if I turn more than 1.05 degrees :laughing:
Perfect plow rig. I understand the need and not wanting more trucks/tractors/plow vehicles than necessary.

Perfect plow rig. I understand the need and not wanting more trucks/tractors/plow vehicles than necessary.

What's funny is that stupid little plow works pretty good on my 4runner. More wieght, selectable lockers so it actually turns, and it's the right hieght.

I keep trying it on the samurai and it never works good :laughing:

What's really funny is I habey works skid steer at my house, so I should just use that, but I've gotten fully gayed out on the hill with those tracks. :homer:

Top Back Refresh