What's new

Sam I am

Resized_20231217_110716_1705769843024.jpeg

I guess he's out using them :smokin:

Going to try and go out together and do a comparison video one of these days.

You haven’t hauled 20 Suzukis from California to Idaho yet? Betcha got enough parts there to drive Suzukis until the end of time. :flipoff2:

Id even help him haul them
Is this what we’re talking about?

Edit: now that I see all the tractors for sale too… that’s gotta be you 2big :lmao:

84326442-E160-49F6-BA7E-30FED6E72F8A.png

Last edited:
I thought so too, It was even delayed 2 days by fed ex. :homer:

I think I sent the parts out right before new years. Pretty happy for the time line and $400 shipped. I believe it's 2.5x188 Dom. Which sounds ridiculously lame when thinking about 3.5x375 is the standard for most aftermarket axles, even Toyotas, but it's thicker than stock :laughing:

2big bronco i have to imagine that my friend Callen has lowballed you on that lot….
Ive had all kinds of random messages... non that really stick out....
one guy offered 5k telling me I was crazy and no one would pay more. Then started upping his offer every few days till he got to the full 15k and I told him that hi price was now 20k

Ive had all kinds of random messages... non that really stick out....
one guy offered 5k telling me I was crazy and no one would pay more. Then started upping his offer every few days till he got to the full 15k and I told him that hi price was now 20k

Ah, the great lowballer does like to be low balled? :flipoff2:

Does the new rear end use stock sized 26 spline axles or something else?

Stock

Basically just a little bigger diff and easy way to get lower r&p.

I really wanted to try and do some custom side gears or locker and some 31 spline 9" shafts, but at that point, why use a zuk center? :laughing:

Stock

Basically just a little bigger diff and easy way to get lower r&p.

I really wanted to try and do some custom side gears or locker and some 31 spline 9" shafts, but at that point, why use a zuk center? :laughing:
Because the ring and pinions don’t break….

This is my plan.

Then say it’s for ground clearance.

The tracker diff is damn near the same size as a Toyota. Would be easier to shave and redrill a Toyota rear axle than it is to try and make a 31 or 30 spline sidekick axle.

Buuuut, it would still be cool. Semi float 9" shafts are dirt cheap in 5x5.5 and even a non chromo would probably be bullet proof.

Adapting the 9" tubes probably wouldn't be too bad, the ones Dan posted in the junkyard 69 thread are 3.25x250 and the tubes TT used are 2.5 OD, so making a sleeve out of Dom or maybe find a 3x250 version.

I'd be tempted to just find a complete truck or bronco version and just cut the pass side down to the desired length. :laughing:

Actually, maybe just using 8.8 tubes would be easier. Google says some are 3.35x250 and some are 3x250 although there is some conflicting info.

You get the big rear end installed?

Got distracted with work and other stuff, ordered the chromo shafts and associated shit yesterday. I'd be lucky if it showed up next week as they said the 410 backing plates are oos until next week.

Front 3rd was dropped off at a shop, so hopefully he'll get a chance to mess with it next week and I can at least get the front back together.

Got the rear slapped in over the weekend. Just needs new shoes put in that I got yesterday.

20240317_173128.jpg

Im probably behind the times on this. But TT had the Sj410 bearing retainer on their site when I bought the shafts and bearings. Not a bad little mod if you're doing bearings. Allows the backing plate to stay with the housing when swapping shafts. Also means you can carry a much smaller spare. Just have to enlarge the hole in the stock backing plate.

20240317_173121.jpg

Did you cut the go-fast slot in it too?

You mean cut the retainer into a C?

No, I read about that, but didn't like the idea. I'm going to just hack the backing plate into the same basic shape as the 410 piece on my spare shafts.

I also need to get a Pic of the short side axle splines, they had an impressive amount of twist. :laughing:

I think that was a trick for zuk guys also. Maybe it was a smaller size, can't remember. I never liked them, ugly, stuck out too far and seemed like a huge mud scoop.

I'll just do a little maxipad deal like the back.

Dollar store frying pans are probably thicker metal than a samurai axle lol. Buy one and cut in half for 2 axle skids :lmao:

Top Back Refresh