What's new
  • TGIF'nF!! Did you hear about our new Group Buy Program? We're kicking the program off with Baja Designs!

Russia / Ukraine thread

With the Russian currency dropping....are they going to end up in a recession/depression and we end up sending billions of dollars to 'bail out' Russia?

That wouldn't surprise me...

Utah is pulling all the Russian vodka! cue crickets.

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Utah’s governor signed an executive order Saturday requiring the Utah Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control to immediately remove all Russian-made and branded products from its shelves.

vodkapour-400x539.jpg
Vodka pouring into glass. Dec. 20, 2020, location unknown | Photo by Andrii Omelnytskyi via Scopio, St. George News
The move by Gov. Spencer Cox was in response to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and mirrors moves by governors of other states.

And yet not one country is intervening. This the shit that drives me crazy. Everybody sits back and sanctions the piss out of RUS but the innocents are still dying every second. Their cities are still being destroyed. We sat back and watched ISIS form and eradicate the oldest treasures on this earth and take thousands of lives before someone thought it might be a good idea to at least put them on their hind feet. By then they had taken control of cities and it is a major pain in the ass and dangerous as fuck to root rats out of a city. You DON"T let them get in so it doesn't become a problem.

I did read that, and other shit they've been hoarding too.

How long would that last supporting a country the size of Russia, though?🤔

Long as oil is $100+, probably pretty good while. All these countries hollering sanctions... but leave that pipeline flowing...

IIRC energy is about 2/3rds of the ruskies exports. Knock it back down to $40bbl and Russia is kaput.

I always assumed RUS had a professional force...apparently they do not from what I have seen. Appears it is all smoke and mirrors. Seriously calls into question this "hypersonic" horseshit. Not that I recommend finding out the hard way.
I think their plan is/was a professional officer core leading conscripts in battle.
Really seems that they are lacking in the skill department from what I am reading though.

Aaron Z

Heard an interesting opinion on the news last night. Was a retired US General.

He was asking why are all the countries sending weapons to Ukraine, if everyone agrees that Russia will take the country. Every other country has gone on the record that they are not going in to Ukraine to fight the Russians. All we're doing is postponing the inevitable and getting a lot of Ukrainians killed in the process for a lost cause.

I can see that point.

Are we doing it because it makes us feel better about ourselves? Is it worth it to send them a $200k AT4 so a couple Russian get killed?

Another thing the General said, was that while everyone is making Zelenskyy out to be a hero, he has jailed his political opposition and shut down all opposition media outlets. He's basically a dictator, Ukraine is not a democracy and is one of the most corrupt countries in the world. So what are we sticking up for?

I can see that point too.

Last edited:

He was asking why are all the countries sending weapons to Ukraine, if everyone agrees that Russia will cake the country. Every other country has gone on the record that they are not going in to Ukraine to fight the Russians. All we're doing is postponing the inevitable and getting a lot of Ukrainians killed in the process for a lost cause.

I can see that point.

Are we doing it because it makes us feel better about ourselves? Is it worth it to send them a $200k AT4 so a couple Russian get killed?

Another thing the General said, was that while everyone is making Zelenskyy out to be a hero, he has jailed his political opposition and shut down all opposition media outlets. He's basically a dictator, Ukraine is not a democracy and is one of the most corrupt countries in the world. So what are we sticking up for?

He is dead on, on the second point. We have sent some sophisticated weapons and it appears Russia is still running pre-cold war shit

He was asking why are all the countries sending weapons to Ukraine, if everyone agrees that Russia will cake the country. Every other country has gone on the record that they are not going in to Ukraine to fight the Russians. All we're doing is postponing the inevitable and getting a lot of Ukrainians killed in the process for a lost cause.

I can see that point.

All true.

In talking with people that are more or less living over there for the past 10-20 years. Things might not be perfect under their current leadership but it's lightyears better then it was under Russian control. And while it might not be our standard, they say there is more freedom now then ever.

We have a habit of lumping everything into a basket that if not equivalent to our standard then it's all crap and not worth it.

I can see that point.

That was Col. Mcgregor.

Top Back Refresh