What's new

Record used truck prices

The whole massaging chair idea just bothers me. "Let's turn the driver's seat into a super comfy massage chair that will get you nice and relaxed so you can take a refreshing nap while driving"

They are good for blood flow on long drives. Keeps things moving.

The whole massaging chair idea just bothers me. "Let's turn the driver's seat into a super comfy massage chair that will get you nice and relaxed so you can take a refreshing nap while driving"

They don't work like the ones you're thinking of. It is a MUCH slower and more deliberate "massage" that is more for people who get out and their back is sore from sitting there for 4 hours. It doesn't put you to sleep and is almost uncomfortable.

I have a 2005 Dodge 2500 diesel and I've been thinking about selling.
Out here in CA these trucks are asking from 17k-30k. I have no idea why such the range, but that's what is on craigslist.

After I sold my cabover camper, I've been wanting a gas 1/2 ton truck again.

the big problem for me is insurance... AAA wont touch my topkick, even though it looks like a big pickup. and commercial insurance...well...$$. I should just cab swap with a chevy 1500 and call it a day. No vin to be found on the frame, the dmv looked.

​​​​

I'm not sure how it works in your state, but I called my state farm agent, gave him a VIN number and it was insured as a personal use truck. $300 a year. Ended up being like $75 a year after I converted it to rv plates.
I did RV shit mostly to avoid the weighted plates, a weighted plate is a few hundred bucks a year, RV plate is $40, but the next one will stay a truck.

I have a 2005 Dodge 2500 diesel and I've been thinking about selling.
Out here in CA these trucks are asking from 17k-30k. I have no idea why such the range, but that's what is on craigslist.

After I sold my cabover camper, I've been wanting a gas 1/2 ton truck again.

Keep it. You're in about the same boat I am... 05 gm 6 liter 2500, worth more now than what I paid for it 10 years ago... I can tow all my shit comfortably with a newer 1500... so I sell this thing and get way more than my money back. Problem is, now I need a 16-20 half ton. All of which are priced to the moon right now.

Its the vehicular housing bubble.

Keep it. You're in about the same boat I am... 05 gm 6 liter 2500, worth more now than what I paid for it 10 years ago... I can tow all my shit comfortably with a newer 1500... so I sell this thing and get way more than my money back. Problem is, now I need a 16-20 half ton. All of which are priced to the moon right now.

Its the vehicular housing bubble.

My uncle just sold his 06 CCLB 6.0l for about ten grand with over 220k on it.

The ecoboost that replaced it is more comfortable, economical, tows better, and wasn't a whole lot more :homer:

My uncle just sold his 06 CCLB 6.0l for about ten grand with over 220k on it.

The ecoboost that replaced it is more comfortable, economical, tows better, and wasn't a whole lot more :homer:

Maybe its region specific. Me selling my truck for $10k and finding a $14-16k ecoboost to replace it isn't happening anywhere around here.

*i pulled the $ figure out of thin air

Maybe its region specific. Me selling my truck for $10k and finding a $14-16k ecoboost to replace it isn't happening anywhere around here.

*i pulled the $ figure out of thin air

pretty sure that'd be a $15k truck here in mid-tn

Probably, prices are fucked.

A buddy has an 02 Duramax 4x ext cab long bed with about 135k on it. He was going to list it for 12k and I told him he was nuts and to ask for at least 18k. He thought I was crazy until he started looking at the used truck prices.

Trading in two fords a 12 and a 17 and ordering 3 new trucks to replace them. 12 is at 145k and 17 is at 60k, they are giving me a 60k trade in, basically paying for a whole new truck, hard to beat when you factor in 2% interest on the loan as well as writing them off for the co.

pretty sure that'd be a $15k truck here in mid-tn

Where should i start sending all these trucks for 100%+ profit? I only accept cash :flipoff2:
Click image for larger version Name:	trux.png Views:	0 Size:	97.9 KB ID:	168412

I came across an 01 1500 z71 extra cab short bed with 95k today, lots of az pinstripes, but I'm curious if that's something a rust belt guy would fly and drive for

photo28967.jpg

photo28968.jpg

photo28969.jpg

Hopefully the market crashes out on these things and the manufacturers finally figure out that maybe they should have a basic pickup again. I don't want leather seats, 27 square feet of touchscreen, three phone apps, wifi, the ability to use facebook from the dash, or a dozen cameras to make up for the shitty visibility in the thing. If the luxury liners loaded with stupid gadgetry sell, by all means keep making some, just don't overlook the people who don't want all the bullshit.

450?cb=20180908193511.jpg

And I'm right there yelling with you.

I'm just sad that standard cab long box is now like 1% of used pickups available
I don't care about the heated leather cockrings and sybian seats, all that shit just breaks and becomes manually adjustable anyways.

I came across an 01 1500 z71 extra cab short bed with 95k today, lots of az pinstripes, but I'm curious if that's something a rust belt guy would fly and drive for

Easy $10k truck in CA. I bet you could sell it in 2 hours for $8k but you'd see it relisted on offer up the next day for $15k.

And I'm right there yelling with you.

Unfortunately we're the minority when it comes to these things. People who work on their own junk know what happens to all the gadgetry. People who take their vehicles to someone (the majority of drivers now), enjoy the gadgetry for whatever reason, and will dump the trucks once the fancy stuff stops working. None of them are in it for the long haul.

I drive a regular cab work truck as a daily right now. my tow rig is a Silverado 3500 with ever fucking option there is. each has its purpose, I did drive out to Odessa the other day in the regular cab just because I didn't need the big truck to haul one car.

Unfortunately we're the minority when it comes to these things. People who work on their own junk know what happens to all the gadgetry. People who take their vehicles to someone (the majority of drivers now), enjoy the gadgetry for whatever reason, and will dump the trucks once the fancy stuff stops working. None of them are in it for the long haul.

Meh I have all the fun stuff in my 12 Laramie 3500 like ventilated/heated seats etc. I know if it breaks I will fix it, its not that hard. Yeah its just one more thing to break, but it sure is nice having a fan blowing on my swamp ass in 100*+ weather. The ones that scare me are the Euro cars with the gadgets due to all the proprietary tools needed to work on them.

Meh I have all the fun stuff in my 12 Laramie 3500 like ventilated/heated seats etc. I know if it breaks I will fix it, its not that hard. Yeah its just one more thing to break, but it sure is nice having a fan blowing on my swamp ass in 100*+ weather. The ones that scare me are the Euro cars with the gadgets due to all the proprietary tools needed to work on them.

Your 2012 probably has a fraction of the gadgets I’m seeing in 2020 cars.

Well, what's the salt/rust situation up where you are though?

Too cold in AK for salt, people just learn how to drive in the snow

Google says they use some salt, but I've never seen it in Anchorage/Wasilla/Fairbanks. Mostly they throw gravel everywhere, and the not-poors buy studded tires (for me to buy on Clist next year!).

Ask 8 and take 6500 or 7 to see it gone in a weekend

Cash now is worth more than hypothetical money in the future if you're still making a profit.

I sold my shit box 335k mi 6.0l PSD 4x4 CCLB for $4500 summer 2019. I probably could have spent a couple weeks sitting on it and bickering with buyers for $7500-8k (or more at today's prices). Just wanted it gone. Told them everything I knew was wrong, provided receipts for everything I had done, and made it clear that price was my best price full stop. No negotiation.

First guy to come look at it said he wanted to buy it. Only hangup is that he wanted to write me a check from his business and I said no thanks but the bank was closed for the day. I agreed to hold it for him if he showed up first thing in the morning with cash, which he did. EZPZ. Wish selling vehicles was always so simple.

I disagree. Ask 8 and take 6500 or 7 to see it gone in a weekend

Granted I don't know what they actually sold for, but I was chasing that exact truck for a few months until recently. I'd see one at lunch time, call on it, and it would be sold before I got off work. This happened 5 or 6 times, none of them were great deals. I was literally carrying $10k around on me at all times so I could jump on one but finally I came to my senses about spending 5 figures on a 20 year old truck.

The low mileage ones go almost immediately in so cal. Specifically the '99-06 1/2 ton 4x4's. Market might be more aggressive down here than up there.

It seems like everyone is chillin on unemployment hounding craigslist and offer up buying and reselling certain cars/trucks to make a profit. A few trucks I called on I asked about the history of the truck and they guy straight up said I have no idea I just buy and sell cars :laughing:

Where should i start sending all these trucks for 100%+ profit? I only accept cash :flipoff2:

I'm not saying it *should* be that price... just that prices here are high.

Top Back Refresh