What's new

Ray Charles Tacoma build

Anyone else shake their head when they see Toyota guys with the same failures that were solved 15+ years ago?

Moar pics
IMG_7905.jpeg
IMG_7906.jpeg

Anyone else shake their head when they see Toyota guys with the same failures that were solved 15+ years ago?
lol they definitely needed to plate the frame or check for cracks before the trip. That runner had slider boxes for rear shackles so not sure if that also added some twisting to the frame when he flexed it out

A friend of mine just bought a built 4runner and his frame looks just like that in the pic. It will be fun watching him learn how to weld on the trail fixing it instead of the garage like he should be doing:laughing:

Or were you talking about running rear shackles still?:lmao:

A friend of mine just bought a built 4runner and his frame looks just like that in the pic. It will be fun watching him learn how to weld on the trail fixing it instead of the garage like he should be doing:laughing:

Or were you talking about running rear shackles still?:lmao:

I just mean the frame cracking right next to the crossmember.

I was guilty of this in 2006 when I did my first sas. Luckily I noticed that the front crossmember was about to say fuck you and go on vacation while it was parked in my driveway. A few well placed bits of angle iron can save oneself lots of headaches.

Top Back Refresh