Members:
Threads:
Photos:

Latest posts

Latest photos

Group events

Plow Hub

Random thoughts & Stories

Hey, I hurd that Poclain are the fathers of the modern excavator!
Hoo said that?

Pretty sure it was James Watt’s machine that formed up the first excavators. A very Scottish man.

Why aren’t you a fan of Deutz engines. They’re great motors! Very durable. Run f.o.r.e.v.e.r. Sip fuel.
Neighbors had an Agco tractor with a deutz years ago and just didn’t seem like they had good luck with it. Not like a liquid cooled tractor and that always stuck with me.

Neighbors had an Agco tractor with a deutz years ago and just didn’t seem like they had good luck with it. Not like a liquid cooled tractor and that always stuck with me.
They had trouble with the tractor? Or the engine? An AGCO (branded) tractor would have had a liquid cooled Deutz in it. But if you’re talking the green/silver Deutz Allis tractors it would have been air cooled. They actually weren’t bad tractors.

They had trouble with the tractor? Or the engine? An AGCO (branded) tractor would have had a liquid cooled Deutz in it. But if you’re talking the green/silver Deutz Allis tractors it would have been air cooled. They actually weren’t bad tractors.
Yes it was a deutz Allis, they didn’t have it very long. I don’t remember what deal was with it but they were good mechanics and if they talked about something I listened. They primarily run Allis 190 and 200s, the neighbors the other way had all Oliver’s and we had mostly Deere 4430, 4620, 4020 an Allis 7045 and a Ford 7000.

Yes it was a deutz Allis, they didn’t have it very long. I don’t remember what deal was with it but they were good mechanics and if they talked about something I listened. They primarily run Allis 190 and 200s, the neighbors the other way had all Oliver’s and we had mostly Deere 4430, 4620, 4020 an Allis 7045 and a Ford 7000.

Now and again you just get a lemon too. I’m not a huge fan of the Deutz Allis tractors, but it’s more preference than anything. They weren’t bad.

The old Deutz tractors are actually really good once you learn German. All their markings on levers and such were weird letters. Like instead of Hi/Lo, it was Z and N.

They had a redundant low in the transmission shifter too, which was odd at first, but makes a lot of sense. H shift pattern. On the left side it had reverse above low. On the right side, low above high. The idea was, if doing chore work, like loader work, reverse and low were a direct shift apart. If using high range, low was a direct shift above. Both low gears were the same, just in two positions on the shifter. Fully synchronized constant mesh transmissions. Which at the time was unheard of on a tractor, so they were very quiet, easy shifting gearboxes. Really good tractors. Just different.

Now and again you just get a lemon too. I’m not a huge fan of the Deutz Allis tractors, but it’s more preference than anything. They weren’t bad.

The old Deutz tractors are actually really good once you learn German. All their markings on levers and such were weird letters. Like instead of Hi/Lo, it was Z and N.

They had a redundant low in the transmission shifter too, which was odd at first, but makes a lot of sense. H shift pattern. On the left side it had reverse above low. On the right side, low above high. The idea was, if doing chore work, like loader work, reverse and low were a direct shift apart. If using high range, low was a direct shift above. Both low gears were the same, just in two positions on the shifter. Fully synchronized constant mesh transmissions. Which at the time was unheard of on a tractor, so they were very quiet, easy shifting gearboxes. Really good tractors. Just different.
It’s probably

I know they use those motors in lots of farm and construction equipment, they are probably fine. I looked at jcb wheel loader for a back up or secondary to our cat and it had a deutz air cooled so backed off. How’s the progress on the case coming.

Don’t leave me hangin bro. It’s probably??? What, lol?
We have a Hyundai 740-3 wheel loader also but it has a Cummins in it so I’m happy. For 2 or 3 years we used that snow removal at a big store and fires up every time all winter no problem.

Case is on hold till I get the books wrapped up and turned over to the accountant to get the taxes filed. I’m just one man, responsible for a lot. Bad news is, grass s turning green and we’re going to have to start mowing probably week after next.

Guy I hired for this season texted and “quit” the other night. Hadn’t even started and decided he didn’t want to do “landscaping”. I need to hire two guys now. I was down to just needing one.

Case is on hold till I get the books wrapped up and turned over to the accountant to get the taxes filed. I’m just one man, responsible for a lot. Bad news is, grass s turning green and we’re going to have to start mowing probably week after next.

Guy I hired for this season texted and “quit” the other night. Hadn’t even started and decided he didn’t want to do “landscaping”. I need to hire two guys now. I was down to just needing one.
Grass is white here
128AB094-0DFE-4E84-A33E-386AE7E8D50E.jpeg

some time before 1987 after that it would be branded with CASE on it. Since they bought them out leaving Poclain to produce only Hydraulic motors and such.
Once again you fail to read and regurgitate the proper info.

Case bought Porclain in 1977. Yet Case had been making excavators since 1967.

You’re so desperate to look smart and be included, but you can’t even look up information right.

Looks likes it’s a <1977.

Once again you fail to read and regurgitate the proper info.

Case bought Porclain in 1977. Yet Case had been making excavators since 1967.

You’re so desperate to look smart and be included, but you can’t even look up information right.

Looks likes it’s a <1977.

Didn't I say they weren't building Excavator's at any time? I don't know how you got that impression other than your need to be a dick. I merely stated that in 1987 they purchased Poclain-- no reason as to why they felt they need to do so. So, your statements are all unfounded conjuncture by you to prove absolutely nothing.

So, Case's purchase starts in 1974 and by 1977 Case purchased 40% roughly of the company and wouldn't have a controlling share of 98.7% until 1987... But hey trying hard again it would seem ah IH Man...

Didn't I say they weren't building Excavator's at any time? I don't know how you got that impression other than your need to be a dick. I merely stated that in 1987 they purchased Poclain-- no reason as to why they felt they need to do so. So, your statements are all unfounded conjuncture by you to prove absolutely nothing.

So, Case's purchase starts in 1974 and by 1977 Case purchased 40% roughly of the company and wouldn't have a controlling share of 98.7% until 1987... But hey trying hard again it would seem ah IH Man...

I’m a dick to ignorant assholes. Stupid people are a waste of good air. Ignorant people need to figure out how to shut the fuck up. You fall into every category.

From Case’s website you stupid fuck:

73BB0528-DE29-491E-9C47-1BC6DFE2583D.png
4FD100D6-D83F-4098-997C-162F68B795CD.png

I’m a dick to ignorant assholes. Stupid people are a waste of good air. Ignorant people need to figure out how to shut the fuck up. You fall into every category.

From Case’s website you stupid fuck:

73BB0528-DE29-491E-9C47-1BC6DFE2583D.png
4FD100D6-D83F-4098-997C-162F68B795CD.png

Doesn't mean they bought the entire company or even a controlling share. From my research that didn't occur until 1987.

Doesn't mean they bought the entire company or even a controlling share. From my research that didn't occur until 1987.
I don’t give a fuck when they finished paying it off. Case declares that they purchased Porclain in 1977. That’s good enough for me. When they paid the final payment is irrelevant.

If you buy a machine on credit, it’s yours the day you bring it home. Case signed a contract to buy Porclain in ‘77, so they owned it then. End of necessary discussion.

Go the fuck away. :flipoff2:

I don’t give a fuck when they finished paying it off. Case declares that they purchased Porclain in 1977. That’s good enough for me. When they paid the final payment is irrelevant.

If you buy a machine on credit, it’s yours the day you bring it home. Case signed a contract to buy Porclain in ‘77, so they owned it then. End of necessary discussion.

Go the fuck away. :flipoff2:

You should change your username to Weasel.

Every time you're proved wrong, you try to weasel your way to being right.

Attachments

• Image 3-10-24 at 12.41 PM.jpeg
    Image 3-10-24 at 12.41 PM.jpeg
    361.7 KB · Views: 9

Interesting. Except that if you read that description the second paragraph calls it an Hybrid system since the Hydraulics weren't actually operating the arm that was still operated by a system of cables and sheaves. SO, I guess the Modern Fully Hydraulic System is still the 1950's Proclain system...

Attachments

• Image 3-10-24 at 12.51 PM.jpeg
    Image 3-10-24 at 12.51 PM.jpeg
    173.1 KB · Views: 3
I guess my sources were wrong. But, that still doesn't mean much Proclain seems to have put together all the pieces of the puzzle before others did.

Top Back Refresh