What's new

Random stuff you made.

Trailer lock

20211122_112909.jpg
20211122_112913.jpg
20211122_112920.jpg
20211122_112925.jpg

hot glue. not very well, but I also put a strip of tape along the backside so if it picks up metal shavings they aren't stuck to the magnet itself.

The magnets I used had holes for screws, which I planned on using instead of glue. BUT since I had no way to cut the recess easily without a center-tip on the bit (spade bit), there's no meat to screw into at the center of the hole. They won't get much use, I'm hoping the hot glue/tape holds them enough.
Take something like a scraper and dig around the base of the recess to taper it larger at the bottom. Then use an epoxy like JB Weld or similar to glue the magnet in. That will give you a mechanical bond to the acetyl which isn't adhesive friendly.

They're just gonna un bolt your pintle or install theirs below yours or angle grinder cut the lock.

Unless you're trying to prevent employees from using the trailer outside company time I don't see that doing much.
Locks don't stop thieves anyway

you just have to make your stuff harder to get at than the guy across the street

Take something like a scraper and dig around the base of the recess to taper it larger at the bottom. Then use an epoxy like JB Weld or similar to glue the magnet in. That will give you a mechanical bond to the acetyl which isn't adhesive friendly.
for the amount of use they'll see, I think the shitty hot glue/tape solution should work OK. Really I made these so i'm less likely to nick the vise itself with a grinder. Inspired by randomly seeing them on Amazon for $10-20 and realizing I had a piece of scrap and some magnets sitting around. 45 minutes last night instead of watching TV and I had them done. Perk of the "temporary" retention is I can re-use the magnets in a new set if I ruin these

Forgot this one from a few weeks ago. Our 3 mutts LOVE vehicles. If you leave a door or hatch open they are in there, waiting to go somewhere.

Two of them are short haired, always freezing little pussies. One of them will not wear a sweater. So I'm there having a beer or 12 and think to myself.... I got like 5 junk ass cars out back. Why dont I pull one out and make the boys a Doggo-mobile. :idea:

Few hours later, happy warm puppers. :lmao:

MUULlbQnUSEHEufbteTA1YqW=w1675-h1256-no?authuser=0.jpg

DSTDPhN1bHGiK6DGAwhA9_38y=w942-h1256-no?authuser=0.jpg

nice
I like the serpentine pulley

prolly be a lot more secure with one of them enclosed shackle puck locks, but w/e
They're just gonna un bolt your pintle or install theirs below yours or angle grinder cut the lock.

Unless you're trying to prevent employees from using the trailer outside company time I don't see that doing much.
Will be getting puck lock, just using the lock we already have

Objective is to use lock to weed out thief for quick tow and go. We all know, no matter what, someone can steal it with more effort.

Once you put a puck lock on it, you might be able to weld a 6 inch long piece of pipe or square tube under the bottom plate so that the puck lock is recessed into it and make it that much harder to get a grinder on to it.

Aaron Z

Top Back Refresh