What's new

Ran when parked

Hell yeah!
get a decent deal on it?
It was a fair price, probably could have beaten him down a little, but its clean enough that it was worth it.
I have seen similar Ford/NH/Case industrial machines go for more, I have also seen them go for less.
IMO, with a better ad we could sell it for at least what we will have into it once I get that list (and possibly a little tin work where it has some rust) fixed.
The excavation guy down the road was looking for something like this for a yard machine a while back, he would be my first call if we needed to sell it.

Aaron Z

Got some truck tires on the front

starter fought me, slow cranking, cables were shoddy, running a big 1000cca battery just wouldn't spin very fast, got the starter rebuilt locally for 200

cranks well, but didn't want to make fuel pressure at the injectors

the thing was kind of a mess, lift pump had a priming lever, but a short stroke, we didn't know if the fuel shutoff was push or pull, and I didn't want to burn up my new starter, or ether bomb the girl

to top it off, it'd been parked for a generic "fuel leak" so unknown if the injector pump itself was good

I brought a 12v diesel pump and dipped it into my trucks transfer tank and pulled clean fuel, delivering to the pressure side of the lift, put jumpers on the truck to keep it up, bled the air, still nothing to injectors cranking, so I fogged it with some wd40, and a touch of ether to get it going, the injector lines started spraying fuel, so tightened them up and she's a runner:smokin:

Checked the 3pt up down and shut it down

rats ate the belts and radiator hoses so i need to get that ordered tonight

there's a farm auction at the end of the month, people get stupid at auctions around here, i need to get it ready

I need to decide between mechanical fuel pump and electric fuel pump, and order a seat

photo46003.jpg

photo46004.jpg

Huh, won't let me load pics, says 2mb limit

anyways, re sealed the top of the injection pump today, finished seat brackets, and took it for a little spin:smokin:

Top Back Refresh