What's new

Race truck 4653

i wonder if your drive shaft move so much in and out that at some point you have stupid low spline contacts like all the way and only have a ince of splines. if only for a second but then that starts to break the splines down. again who knows just me tossing out ideas

i wonder if your drive shaft move so much in and out that at some point you have stupid low spline contacts like all the way and only have a ince of splines. if only for a second but then that starts to break the splines down. again who knows just me tossing out ideas
This is why I asked about that slip yoke being long enough. I didnt think about it stripping, I thought it might separate. Ive always been of the understanding that we needed like 10-12" of slip with RUF/flexy front springs. He does have limit straps though, so maybe that reduces the need for so much slip.

That is strange how that worn those splines down . How worn is the male side and did you clean them before the pic or is that the way you found them when you took the shaft out.

i assume this was a matched set when put on. if not maybe the male side was a hair on on the machining and all it had to do was get one spline to give up the ghost and then it weakens the rest. but fucking wild for sure....

Fancy photos
52690187650_4cd4d821e2_b.jpg
52690187810_5ac42763ef_b.jpg
52690263793_a816d6620b_b.jpg
52689771471_8b8699eb04_b.jpg

At least ditch the spool, those 8" spool deflect too much.
x2 seen this happen to often, I would rather a welded carrier then a spool.

I will be sticking with the 8" stuff for now. The spool will be getting replaced with a Grizzly Locker.
Grizzly ftw have not had any issues with mine so far, I have broken a few detroits

Those damn pesky 2 studs on the bottom of the diff....
been trying to figure out a decent way to keep those from getting smashed for 15 years.
Tried allen bolts, double nuts, built a skid plate that ultimately failed. they always get smashed. Would like to see a remedy for this someday..

been trying to figure out a decent way to keep those from getting smashed for 15 years.
Tried allen bolts, double nuts, built a skid plate that ultimately failed. they always get smashed. Would like to see a remedy for this someday..

Very true, they are basically a consumable item on this truck.

Some awesome photos from SurfnSnow !
52724034190_c65f0e70d9_b.jpg
52723882979_f8e3a294cd_b.jpg

I welded nuts on the inside for extra thread and just used regular bolts. They'd still get fucked, but could at least get them out with a pair of vice grips.

Talked to filthy motorsports today about cryo treated r&ps and all that, cool guys

But have you talked to them about fancy stuff for your rear diff?

Talked to filthy motorsports today about cryo treated r&ps and all that, cool guys

But have you talked to them about fancy stuff for your rear diff?

Yea, Ben over at Filthy is going to treat the next set of r&ps I get. I have been running the rear diff through a few heat cycles to get them ready for the next race in May.

Yea, Ben over at Filthy is going to treat the next set of r&ps I get. I have been running the rear diff through a few heat cycles to get them ready for the next race in May.

Nice :smokin: ya supposedly if you get them rem polished there's no break in needed, I'm not 100% sure on that, I was going to ask Ben about it

Top Back Refresh