What's new

Race truck 4653

Race Prep!
51346689771_2c2da9490f_b.jpg

Just got back from the Sturgis race. Got there setup the garage and got ready for prerunning. The next day we did some prerunning and qualifying with no issues. Saturday was prelim and the main. We flopped the truck durring the prelim but got recovered and finished. Rolled into the garage and got the truck straightened out for the main. Started the main and cruised around for 5 laps with no issues. Overall great race and a great time. Big thanks to Elvis from Texas for all the help and great food!
51367147755_8dd5b7323f_b.jpg

51366874134_f8be247c8b_b.jpg

51366874109_17aa620255_b.jpg

51366874064_d1e0df7b62_b.jpg

51365379632_1e5d529a98_b.jpg

51365379712_57583e9040_b.jpg

51365379717_bfdece7029_b.jpg

Nice job! Looked like a great time, Was watching the live feed and the quad screen was definitely super cool seeing all the top cars on course.

worth the drive to race that event?

Didn't get to watch as much of the live coverage as I would have preferred so missed most of the Prelim. How'd you flop?

Other than some new body damage, any issues to fix up now?

missed it live, but watched the not-so-live stream saturday night, :smokin: truck was looking good till it was upside down :flipoff2:

are the cherokees just rocket ships on tracks like that?

Awesome report, certainly looks like you guys had fun. You may need to put a round roll cage on that so you’re just wrote you back over when you flop :flipoff2:

Lame rock section on that course. I feel like it was more of Lucas Oil short course than an Ultra 4 course. Nothing like Reno which was the best short course ever. but hey as long as you had fun!!
Definately was a race for who had the most horsepowers.

Nice job! Looked like a great time, Was watching the live feed and the quad screen was definitely super cool seeing all the top cars on course.

worth the drive to race that event?

Defiantly a good time. The quad screen was really cool. I live in Colorado now, it was only a six hour drive.
51368800024_40f94c1e5e_b.jpg

Didn't get to watch as much of the live coverage as I would have preferred so missed most of the Prelim. How'd you flop?

Other than some new body damage, any issues to fix up now?
We rolled it when we hit a big hole turning up hill. The recovery guys rolled us back over and we finished our last lap. We busted up the body some more and broke an LED light pod, no major Issues. We didn’t turn a wrench on the truck all weekend.
51368799879_16ac3bc065_b.jpg

Last edited:
missed it live, but watched the not-so-live stream saturday night, :smokin: truck was looking good till it was upside down :flipoff2:

are the cherokees just rocket ships on tracks like that?

All the Jeep’s were fast man. Actually all the other 4600 cars were fast. We have some work to do in the suspension department in order to get “faster“.

Lame rock section on that course. I feel like it was more of Lucas Oil short course than an Ultra 4 course. Nothing like Reno which was the best short course ever. but hey as long as you had fun!!
Definately was a race for who had the most horsepowers.

The rock section was fun to bounce through!

Congrats on the move, Colorado is about the only state I've found that I'd move to besides Washington or Oregon. But careers and family will keep us here for another 15 or so years...

Pitbullcruiser have you looked into running Deavers? Have your shocks ever been tuned? Our first year of racing we ran untuned Kings and it was TERRIBLE. Pretty much the same as your truck. 2nd year we spent hours tuning with King at Hammers and it was light years better. Seriously. I think our suspension could still be better with some playing around with coil springs and leafs but we’re past that now 😂😂

Pitbullcruiser have you looked into running Deavers? Have your shocks ever been tuned? Our first year of racing we ran untuned Kings and it was TERRIBLE. Pretty much the same as your truck. 2nd year we spent hours tuning with King at Hammers and it was light years better. Seriously. I think our suspension could still be better with some playing around with coil springs and leafs but we’re past that now 😂😂
+1 for deavers, might be cheaper than you think

Deavers, Atlas and Sky are the brands we are currently looking at. Right now I think the problem is lack of proper shock tuning not the leaf springs. We are going to do the shock swap and tuning prior to changing the springs and see if that improves things.

I got some more professional pictures too.
51376971607_3e73cfa214_b.jpg

51378475949_d228db66e8_b.jpg

51377737296_f62ccfdcc6_b.jpg

51378744405_3c62b12dcd_b.jpg
51378744320_5a1cfa4ed5_b.jpg
51377737241_0b4d37fa9f_b.jpg

Top Back Refresh