What's new

Race truck 4653

It was super cool to watch you and all the other 4600 cars.

Who's springs are you running?

Last edited:
It was super cool to watch you and all the other 4600 cars.

Who's springs are you running?

Thanks, I am running Trail Gear leaf springs.

I got the rear disc conversion mostly done and the new t-case in the truck.
51036982923_bf8ebf0737_b.jpg

Hope you have better luck with the rear disc kit than I did. I assume that's the economy kit that uses front SA rotors and calipers? They worked great on the street but as soon as I got in the rocks the would deflect around and they would go away until you pumped em back up. In the research I did it was because they are non floating.

Did you ever weigh your wheel and tire combo?

Hope you have better luck with the rear disc kit than I did. I assume that's the economy kit that uses front SA rotors and calipers? They worked great on the street but as soon as I got in the rocks the would deflect around and they would go away until you pumped em back up. In the research I did it was because they are non floating.

I didn't think about that with the brakes. I will be taking the truck out soon to run the new tires and t-case, I will report back on the brakes after that.

They worked great on the street but as soon as I got in the rocks the would deflect around and they would go away until you pumped em back up. In the research I did it was because they are non floating.

Did you have a residual valve in the rear brake line?

( disclaimer.. I run factory Cruiser full floaters )

Another option would be the ruffstuff caddy Eldorado calipers.. integral parking brake..

Did you have a residual valve in the rear brake line?

( disclaimer.. I run factory Cruiser full floaters )

Another option would be the ruffstuff caddy Eldorado calipers.. integral parking brake..

I think I did but now I can't remember:homer:

I couldn't find anything on the caddys on ruffstuffs website. I went back to drums so I could have a mechanical E-brake. Can't do a driveline brake cuz I've got rear disconnect.

Maybe you posted it earlier and I just don't remember, but what was your official race weight this year?

Maybe you posted it earlier and I just don't remember, but what was your official race weight this year?

Too heavy lol. The U4 technical inspection paperwork had it just under 4,000lbs if I remember correctly. That's full race loadout and myself in the truck.

I've been reading this same response for like 12 years now, I can't believe people still make these kits.

Too heavy lol. The U4 technical inspection paperwork had it just under 4,000lbs if I remember correctly. That's full race loadout and myself in the truck.

That's actually relatively light compared to what I've seen most people claiming in the 4600 class. Still, I am sure the little 22RE will be happy to get all the help it can.

That's actually relatively light compared to what I've seen most people claiming in the 4600 class. Still, I am sure the little 22RE will be happy to get all the help it can.

Yea, anywhere I can save weigh without sacrificing strength is the key. Also remember vehicle weight dictates the size tube required for your roll cage.

There's no centered, Like high centered...

Patience, Grasshopper..

The V8 Cherokees will fall like chaff from your blade..
You are the Devine wind ... blessed by Marlin.. kissed by destiny.. tempered by the hammer forge..

Carry on, our wayward son...

There's no centered, Like high centered...

Patience, Grasshopper..

The V8 Cherokees will fall like chaff from your blade..
You are the Devine wind ... blessed by Marlin.. kissed by destiny.. tempered by the hammer forge..

Carry on, our wayward son...

Thanks Elvis.

I would have killed for a hi- lift jack today. The floor jack worked but it was sketchy.

any noticeable difference with the antiwrap bar?

i took off a poorly made one years ago and have been thinking about putting a new one on for awhile

any noticeable difference with the antiwrap bar?

i took off a poorly made one years ago and have been thinking about putting a new one on for awhile

I think so. I cuts down on the rear hopping action.

I went wheeling again today. Flopped over early in the day, broke the light bar and got some new body damage. Wheeled with CrashFab and some other buggies with no issues the rest of the day.
51122164646_963debb7a2_b.jpg

51122070018_491482a190_b.jpg

51121594322_44f98de9f1_b.jpg

51122164341_5ae163a793_b.jpg

51121594197_5ac784e364_b.jpg

51122958245_baea156ebc_b.jpg

51122164196_c0b0c26350_b.jpg

How are you liking the KM3s in the rocks compared to the Krawlers? I see you swapped the Krawlers back on for your last run.

How are you liking the KM3s in the rocks compared to the Krawlers? I see you swapped the Krawlers back on for your last run.
The KM3's seem to work really well in the rocks for a street tire. The tires with the orange beadlock rings are my 37" sticky Krawlers for wheelin.

I got most of the body damage to the bed buffed out. I am now carrying a King Screw Jack and a dirty old Humvee jack. These are replacements for the floor jack and Hi-Lift.
51124409503_3c2c7d5694_b.jpg
51124247984_17e80d5189_b.jpg
51140658717_3c78b0bdf6_b.jpg
51141545013_a029846c44_b.jpg
51125327230_6f99ab3818_b.jpg
51125331225_d8aec06889_b.jpg
51142435870_c05f1f5e49_b.jpg
51141545168_e347cdc93c_b.jpg

Top Back Refresh