What's new

Project LongFranks

Beat95yj

Rolling 24/7
Member Number
Loc
Redondo Beach
I know you guys of had some questions about where my jeep is at. I am way too freaking lazy to bring all the pictures over and copy and paste all that nonsense. Fred did a couple quick walk around videos over the weekend. I thought I would post them here and if you have any questions I can answer them. As soon as the transfer case is rebuilt (stupid cracks) the jeep will be coming home and I will be going wheeling again.

Attachments

• B577B41A-C9ED-4B86-BA76-6128E2556EA0.jpeg
    B577B41A-C9ED-4B86-BA76-6128E2556EA0.jpeg
    34.2 KB · Views: 261
Any worry about the transmission pan not having a skid for the type of wheeling you are going to be doing?

She sounds mean:smokin: full aftermarket exhaust on my 4.0 and I can still hear all of the squeaks and rattles.

Are you keeping the stock rear bumper and hitch for now?

I have a metal cloak oilpan skid, hoping it helps with auto pan. Jeep needs a rear main so we didn’t put it on yet.

Thats the hushpower muffler a friend grabbed out of a dumpster.

We were going to make a bumper but ran out of time. Still figuring.

Glad you're going to be able to get back out on the trail!

Very cool.

She didn't sound all too wild about what you were doing...............got to work on that:flipoff2:

Is there any feedback with those? It looks like you were having a hard time getting just the right amount of gas.
I’m not sure if there’s any more adjustability. The jeep is much smoother off idle than my van. Also I really didn’t try hitting the gas and brake at the same time. I’ll try it some more and see if modulation improves.

That really kicks ass man.

My 06 TJ has an automatic too and you have to throttle to get it to climb but it does not hold the Jeep back at all coming down the obstacle. So you are constantly riding the brake to get it to come down easy. When I have squeaky brakes everybody on the trail knows it lol.

Top Back Refresh