What's new

Post a picture of where you are right now.

Also from today. That's about 85 dump trailer loads in 2 days. Winter shut down is in 45 days, the entire site needs to be at the same grade as the road by then. Compacted it'll be around 14,000 cubic yards of fill with a retaining wall. This is just a temporary road to put a bridge in. It'll be removed and re-sloped and trees re-planted by next year this time. Fill site is roughly 1000' long and 30' deep.

IMG_20241001_121529246.jpg

same reason so much is being spent on a temporary road

government has no incentive to cut cost

They got some decent size stuff in there. An runnin truck on pit rock dont work long:laughing: Would just think this it the time for all the big shit the pits got on hand to be delivered.

same reason so much is being spent on a temporary road

government has no incentive to cut cost
I got handed a design and that's what is going in. I'd have done it different, but here we are. It's a $1.5M temporary road set to be used April to October 2025.

We're getting shot rock. Contractor is getting it cheap unprocessed. It's actually really good material and compacting really well. Mix of 18" minus with silty fines with some big shit that makes it in.

It looks like nice rock! Thats always a nice treat:smokin: Still that fuckers got an oversize pile somewhere and yall need to scalp that:laughing:

It looks like nice rock! Thats always a nice treat:smokin: Still that fuckers got an oversize pile somewhere and yall need to scalp that:laughing:
I live 10 miles away and hoping to get several loads of subbase next fall to fix my fucked up driveway :laughing:

Here's the GRSS wall backfilled with 67 stone. We're going up another 6'. Slick system that goes together quick.

IMG_20240930_115443380.jpg

that's cool

it tied back further into the fill with more wire mesh, or is that amount enough to hold?
Imagine that geo mesh keeps everything behind it from putting too much pressure on it...
Geomesh is 20' long and tied to the baskets. The fabric just keeps material from yeeting out.

Here's the geo grid pulled out with bracing going in to keep the mesh at 90 degrees. Can also see the 40' culvert extension, which is a 9'-3" train car tank with the ends cut off. Slipped into the 8' culvert built in 1965 and rotted to shit, which is why we're here.

IMG_20240927_100054025_HDR.jpg

Top Back Refresh