What's new

Post a picture of where you are right now.

Starting back up on my bandsaw mobile base. Setting up the caster wheel mounts and leveling feet locations.
IMG_4541.jpeg

Gf rental house got the smackdown from this last round of storms that blew through last night. There was tornado touchdown’s in the south St. Louis area and southern Missouri also. Lots of damage. Gf lives in Jonesboro IL area.

She was walking in the house right under where this tree landed too :eek:

Resized_20240527_062708.jpeg
Resized_20240527_062648.jpeg
Resized_20240527_062804.jpeg

Took kids to veterans memorial park. Had a nice discussion about the difference between memorial day and veterans day. Looked up names of the listed and spent some time talking about them.
20240527_121415.jpg

is that all threaded sch40 pvc?

whooole lotta weight dangling on them plastic threads
Schedule 80.

That's how they do it out here. Can't hang pump on that deep of flex.
My buddies well is 980'.

Should be using sch 120 Deep Set with stainless steel couplings...
🤷‍♂️

I've pulled 4 wells in my life. they were all like this (save for the weird pit connection on this one).

It's been in the ground for 40 years. Aint no complaints. :beer:

Crazy. I kinda figured they'd make some sorta 3/8" thick wall black poly tubing for such things
maybe stainless wire braid layered into the plastic

pull it up onto a coil like they do with that steel oilfield tubing

Should be using sch 120 Deep Set with stainless steel couplings...
Threaded coupling? Because if so the weight is still on the threads which would seem to defeat the point. Unless the point is that the couplings are the weak link for some other reason too. :laughing:

Threaded coupling? Because if so the weight is still on the threads which would seem to defeat the point. Unless the point is that the couplings are the weak link for some other reason too. :laughing:
Threaded couplings, the threads themselves aren't the weak link. The minors of the threads are the weak links due to how thin they make the wall.

Top Back Refresh