What's new

Possible road trip in the next few weeks

SanDiegoCJ

Non-Lemming
Member Number
Loc
Filer, Id.
Scouting out a few places for a possible move, if a daughter/SIL move there. Southern Idaho. Idaho Falls, Twin Falls, & Nampa. Nothing set yet on time, but probably in the next 3 weeks or so.

I have 8 customers of mine who are in the process of moving or just moved to idaho. It'll be the new CA in no time

I like the McCall area but that may be a little too far north.

Probably. We're just scouting the general area(s) for now. The daughter/SIL haven't decided exactly where, so that will have a bearing on location.
I have found out that Ada and Canyon counties require smog checks. I'm wanting to avoid that silly shit.

rule #1, everybody needs to stay the fuck out of idaho.

well, i guess that is really the only real rule. :flipoff2:

what type of climate do you want to live in? SE idaho gets bunches of cold temps and high winds :smokin:

what type of climate do you want to live in? SE idaho gets bunches of cold temps and high winds :smokin:

I have been looking at moving out there to vote in all my corrupt democrat chicago policies, but the job market is rough and the californians selling their parents houses for cash have driven the real estate market though the roof there! We have family up in the CDA area, beautiful up there!!

I'm partial to Twin Falls myself from the research we've done, but we really do want to eyeball it.
We've been through Idaho Falls a number of times going to and from Yellowstone, but never stopped.
Sharon and I are retired, so if it snows heavy we can just stay home until the roads get plowed.
Both Idaho Falls and Twin Falls have plenty of decent houses on 1+ acres for reasonable $$$$$.
For those who worry about someone from California, don't, as neither of us would ever vote democrat.

Scouting out a few places for a possible move, if a daughter/SIL move there. Southern Idaho. Idaho Falls, Twin Falls, & Nampa. Nothing set yet on time, but probably in the next 3 weeks or so.

What 's wrong with Kalifornia???:stirthepot:

A friend of mines sister who is from your area lives in Jerome and has been there for 20ish years and loves it. Could look that way. Close to Twin. Couple guys that worked for me from Ramona moved to different parts of Idaho and love it. Embrace the new Ca.

In a couple weeks I'm going to introduce my wife and boys to the Utah I love and lived in. If they take we'll be shopping for property. Good luck Gary.

PS, pull your plates off when in Idaho if you want real hospitality. (Kidding, kinda)

I'm partial to Twin Falls myself from the research we've done, but we really do want to eyeball it.
We've been through Idaho Falls a number of times going to and from Yellowstone, but never stopped.
Sharon and I are retired, so if it snows heavy we can just stay home until the roads get plowed.
Both Idaho Falls and Twin Falls have plenty of decent houses on 1+ acres for reasonable $$$$$.
For those who worry about someone from California, don't, as neither of us would ever vote democrat.

i'm planning on retiring outside Bear Lake around Montpelier. should be visiting in about 3 weeks as well :rasta: can't stand twin falls, the city itself. if you want 1 ac and regularly plowed roads, that will be a bit limiting on locations though

depending on how many services you want or need. i mean, there is a hospital of some sort :laughing: but i'll trade being closer to the lake over being closer to a major trauma hospital.

I have been looking at moving out there to vote in all my corrupt democrat chicago policies, but the job market is rough and the californians selling their parents houses for cash have driven the real estate market though the roof there! We have family up in the CDA area, beautiful up there!!

dooo eeet :evil:

dooo eeet :evil:

Right now it looks like I may be taking those policies to the south east.... not the direction we want to go, but had an opportunity fall in my lap to pursue that I couldn't turn down. Hopefully it works out, cant wait to GTFO out of this shit state and get some land.

Here’s a helpful map of Idaho.

21Xkk4x.jpg

I suppose he could go through nevada but that drive sucks compared to ca, or, wa

Yeah, no...you obviously don't know how to navigate. Talk about the long way. Besides, the point was Idaho, not a tour through the state he's trying to escape.

The area you live in is bitchen no doubt, as well as the rest of the state, but why in the fuck would a fella add 12hrs, ok maybe not quite that much, to a drive to see shit he's trying to flee (right or wrong)?

Speaking from experience, 15 to 93 is fastest but 15 all the way to 84 is mo betta.

Side note, been drinkin.

I grew up in Buhl a nephew Castleford. I think I would be best to stay at least 200 miles from there to the east, west, or south. 600 miles away o the north.

A stewardess told us Boise, ID is a place to move to, about 4 years ago. On my list of places to check out.

See ya there Gary! :flipoff2:

Have an aunt that has lived in Twin Falls area for over 20 years.
She mentioned recently that growth/construction/cost of living is exploding there, certainly not a small town feel it used to have.
I worked all over Idaho back in 2014 and really liked Cascade/Donnelly/McCall areas. Little over 2 hours north of Boise should one need access to larger metropolitan area.

Let's see:
I'm in Meridian

Budd is in Middleton (by me)

Lil Uzi is a little North and East of Salmon

You being on the East side (Idaho Falls) or central (Twin Falls) would cover almost all areas, except the panhandle.

Yeah, no...you obviously don't know how to navigate. Talk about the long way. Besides, the point was Idaho, not a tour through the state he's trying to escape.

The area you live in is bitchen no doubt, as well as the rest of the state, but why in the fuck would a fella add 12hrs, ok maybe not quite that much, to a drive to see shit he's trying to flee (right or wrong)?

Speaking from experience, 15 to 93 is fastest but 15 all the way to 84 is mo betta.

Side note, been drinkin.

We're debating whether to go Hwy93 or I-15 to I-84. We'll probably end up going I-15.

Let's see:
I'm in Meridian

Budd is in Middleton (by me)

Lil Uzi is a little North and East of Salmon

You being on the East side (Idaho Falls) or central (Twin Falls) would cover almost all areas, except the panhandle.

I was thinking about the Boise area, partly because the daughter/SIL have it on their list, but the smog check every 2 years turned me off. I'm trying to escape that stuff.
Also, the housing costs there are higher than in Twin Falls & Idaho Falls.

i'm planning on retiring outside Bear Lake around Montpelier. should be visiting in about 3 weeks as well :rasta: can't stand twin falls, the city itself. if you want 1 ac and regularly plowed roads, that will be a bit limiting on locations though

depending on how many services you want or need. i mean, there is a hospital of some sort :laughing: but i'll trade being closer to the lake over being closer to a major trauma hospital.

We do want to have a hospital fairly close as we're both 67 y/o and Sharon has Parkinson's, so she needs access to a numerologist.
As far as plowed roads.................................... just so they get to it in a day or two.

Because your wife has a chronic disease you need a medical center with a good reputation about a hour away.

Because your wife has a chronic disease you need a medical center with a good reputation about a hour away.

Idaho Falls fills that. She found a top rated numerologist there associated with the hospital in town.
She hasn't checked Twin Falls yet.

Good luck on the move. I say that because as much shit as I dish out to you, I kind of like to visit with you as the grumpy old son of a bitch in the neighborhood.

Pleasantries out of the way, With your stated age of 67, I'm leaping off my assumption mat and saying your daughter/SIL are over the age of 30. Do they help take care of you and your wife or are you guys just that together? My wife and I moved about 4 or 5 hours away from either set of parents to get some space, I remember our conversation when her mother moved to our town. :laughing: Have you discussed your plans with them or just going to show up and surprise them? :flipoff2:

Good luck on the move. I say that because as much shit as I dish out to you, I kind of like to visit with you as the grumpy old son of a bitch in the neighborhood.

Pleasantries out of the way, With your stated age of 67, I'm leaping off my assumption mat and saying your daughter/SIL are over the age of 30. Do they help take care of you and your wife or are you guys just that together? My wife and I moved about 4 or 5 hours away from either set of parents to get some space, I remember our conversation when her mother moved to our town. :laughing: Have you discussed your plans with them or just going to show up and surprise them? :flipoff2:

No, they don't take care of us. They're both in their early 40's and have a 19 y/o son who'll move with them along with his girl friend. They've been wanting out of SoCal for a while now so they can afford to buy a house. Sharon has been tied to this area because all 3 daughters and 4 grandkids are here. She's always said she wouldn't move unless some of them did. The oldest grandson (22) works for a company that has offices in many states and he's looking to move in the near future with his girlfriend (almost fiancé), so that's what got Sharon looking at moving out of SoCal. She said she's ready for a big change of scenery, locationwise.

Top Back Refresh