What's new

Pistol brace ruling - ATF at it again

Fuck that guy and his click bait shit.
Is there anything you don't hate? :confused:

The guy is an attorney for FPC, he is one of the most legit of all the news/legal guntubers I've seen. Armed Attorneys are another good one, if they can stay on topic and not ramble.

Is there anything you don't hate? :confused:

The guy is an attorney for FPC, he is one of the most legit of all the news/legal guntubers I've seen. Armed Attorneys are another good one, if they can stay on topic and not ramble.
It’s his bullshit clickbait thumbnails. Such as, NFA ABOLISHED!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s his bullshit clickbait thumbnails. Such as, NFA ABOLISHED!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeah and they could jump into the news and get it out in 30-60 seconds but nope they ramble on and on.

For example in the video above he is 45 seconds in and has repeated the new ATF proposed ruling but hasn't said what it is, it just dropped, he hasn't read the whole thing yet. Over and over again and then it rambles on for 10 mins.
Dude I can rewind the video an watch it again if I miss something.

Pretty sure you could spit it all out in 1-2 minutes tops. They folks need to mirror the blancolirio channel. He gets his info out with out dragging it out over and over again.

yeah and they could jump into the news and get it out in 30-60 seconds but nope they ramble on and on.

For example in the video above he is 45 seconds in and has repeated the new ATF proposed ruling but hasn't said what it is, it just dropped, he hasn't read the whole thing yet. Over and over again and then it rambles on for 10 mins.
Dude I can rewind the video an watch it again if I miss something.

Pretty sure you could spit it all out in 1-2 minutes tops. They folks need to mirror the blancolirio channel. He gets his info out with out dragging it out over and over again.
I just can’t stand looking at the fat fuck.

Grumpy.PNG

giphy.gif

:flipoff2:

Last edited:
So let me see if I get this straight and clear.

If I owned a pistol with a brace I have 120 days to register this as an NFA item, unless I don’t shoulder the item. Out of the 5 options listed ‘not shouldering’ isn’t listed. They just use actual words to say not shouldering it means the brace is legal and so is the firearm with the barrel already on it. Yay laws.

So free stamps, requires a picture of firearm w/brace.
Brace Party at my house, swap the braces onto every rifle and shotgun you own. Win, if there is such a thing to be found by this

Seriously why couldn't I register a spare lower I have and get a free stamp?
I think they are requesting pics of the setup. However it would be logical for you to have more than 1 of the same make and model of brace and they aren't serialized

I'm halfway between holding off till the years of legal battles are done and just effing it and registering everything asap. Flooding the system is a legit strategy. Since I'm an FFL I'm on the list for if they start going door to door anyway.

Humm, I don't have a AR pistol upper or a wrist brace. I want to put a .22lr upper on a old plum crazy lower I never did anything with and if I could get a free stamp I'd register it as a SBR.

I think they are requesting pics of the setup. However it would be logical for you to have more than 1 of the same make and model of brace and they aren't serialized

I'm halfway between holding off till the years of legal battles are done and just effing it and registering everything asap. Flooding the system is a legit strategy. Since I'm an FFL I'm on the list for if they start going door to door anyway.

There will be no free stamps.

"Send a picture of your newly illegal firearm" ok. Sounds like a trap.

I hope people don't flood the system as it screws the rest of us stamp collectors who are waiting on integrals, cans and FA.

I hope people don't flood the system as it screws the rest of us stamp collectors who are waiting on integrals, cans and FA.

This is exactly what they want.

I read on another forum that they have 4 NFA reviewers. I can't independently verify that number. Their website lists 26 "legal instrument examiners." If even ten percent of pistol brace "SBRs" get registered, I don't see how the review time doesn't go to ten years or more. Everybody submitting an NFA application gets screwed.

The free stamp thing sure seems risky, especially if you have to wait in limbo for years after sending them picture proof if your supposedly illegal SBR.

Heard the estimate that if they processed the 10 million braces at the current rate, it would take 80 years to go through them all.

Not sure of the number they used, but I believe it.

Want another can, should probably get it ordered asap. This is going to be rediculouse.

It will be tied up in litigation for several years.

Thinking it's time to write my senators and congressmen: Why do we need the ATF?
  • Alcohol no longer seems to be a problem. Drugs are, and we already have the DEA.
  • No one smokes anymore anyway.
  • We already have plenty of gun laws and federal and local police to enforce them.
Seems a big $$$ saving.

Ignoring all the personal opinion bullshit....

When I read this, it says they’re letting Form 1 applications come in TAX FREE. if you file, get denied for a reason other than background check, you can refile tax free after the 120 day cutoff. Question 26 says photographs are required. Other places I’ve read say photographs are not required.

question 27 directly talk about the stabilizing brace.
Under the final rule, the Attorney General has authorized a tax forbearance that allows current possessors of firearms equipped with a “stabilizing brace” that meet the definition of “rifle” and have a barrel or barrels less than 16 inches to register the firearms tax-free. A current possessor is a person who possessed the firearm with an attached “stabilizing brace” prior to the date the final rule is published in the Federal Register.

Who here has done a form 1 recently?
does the ATF website convert a PDF to an EFT format, or did your local fingerprint taker provide you with a digital copy? I guess this is actually a thing.

Ignoring all the personal opinion bullshit....

When I read this, it says they’re letting Form 1 applications come in TAX FREE. if you file, get denied for a reason other than background check, you can refile tax free after the 120 day cutoff. Question 26 says photographs are required. Other places I’ve read say photographs are not required.

question 27 directly talk about the stabilizing brace.

Who here has done a form 1 recently?
does the ATF website convert a PDF to an EFT format, or did your local fingerprint taker provide you with a digital copy? I guess this is actually a thing.

The good thing is that as a F1, you assign it a ser#. The brace in this case gets the serial #, this is a win, anything can be a brace, at least until they figure out whats going on and then have to define what a brace actually is. :lmao: Fleshlights and egg beaters for the win.

Finger print cards still need to be mailed in unless its changed in the last 18 months.

Top Back Refresh