What's new

Pistol brace ruling - ATF at it again

You can go to your local Sheriff's department they will do paper ones for you. Two sets per application required. I have no idea about digital prints.

Maybe the atf isn't going to come by and shoot my dog. Just received approval for one sbr. Still waiting on 2 more, so there is still a chance.

Just received approval for the second one a few minutes after the first.

Last edited:
Maybe the atf isn't going to come by and shoot my dog. Just received approval for one sbr. Still waiting on 2 more, so there is still a chance.

Just received approval for the second one a few minutes after the first.
Who was your approving agent?

I keep checking in hoping to see an update that some court or judge has smacked all this dumb shit down.

But did you get the stamps?

Have they even come out and said they will send you an actual tax stamp?

I don’t see how they possibly could, it’s literally just proof of paying the $200 tax, which they aren’t collecting.

I still maintain the entire thing isn’t legally possible, and I’m not even talking about the constitution. Not to mention they are claiming it can’t be property of a trust unless it was owned by the trust prior to Jan 31, and they aren’t requiring engraving either. Literally none of it follows the NFA…

Are they considering this a “tax holiday” like they do for hurricane or back to school supplies? Those have to pass the legislature.

If anything, I’d think they would HAVE to collect the $200 tax and follow conventional NFA processes, they could “buy back” your returned brace for $200.

Something stinks…

amnesty applications don’t get a stamp because you’re not paying for a stamp. You’re getting a free short barreled rifle. Until they change their mind and confiscate all your free short barreled rifles with their list of names and serial numbers. :lmao:

Edit: they didn’t say it can’t be property of a trust. They said ‘a pistol lower with a brace not owned by a trust before January 31 doesn’t qualify for amnesty.’ I do t see where they said ‘a short barreled rifle can’t be owned by a trust.’ Maybe you’re allowed to add it to a trust after it’s registered or maybe the whole point of the amnesty date was to set a date they could start/end on.

They could rescind the approval, I guess. At that point the only option would be to destroy the stripped lower.

They could rescind the approval, I guess. At that point the only option would be to destroy the stripped lower.
Oi vey, legally registered SBRs have always been able to be converted back into a non-NFA (title 1?) config and do a notification to the ATF to forfeit your tax stamp. Realistically thats how this would all work out, but since you're not even given a stamp, just an arbitrary "conditional approval" I bet it would just be a "reconfigure or else"

dunno, do SBRs fall under the 'once a machinegun' thing? I know SBS do not, with all the barrelless shotguns that get sold police surplus

I bought a bunch of cards, and do it myself at home. Judging by my approved stamps they don't need to be perfect :flipoff2:

I found out the sheriffs office does live scan for $8. When I called and asked they said it’s $8 every time and I have to be scanned every time. It’s the same price as regular ink print which I thought was odd since everyone told me live scan was a one time thing them you just have them printed.

The people posting approvals so far are showing that it has conditional approval based on the ruling standing and not sure if anyone has a "stamp" yet. So you can register, it get shot down and you don't have your SBR. Seems sketchy

The people posting approvals so far are showing that it has conditional approval based on the ruling standing and not sure if anyone has a "stamp" yet. So you can register, it get shot down and you don't have your SBR. Seems sketchy

Just means they aren't actually in the registry yet until it goes through the courts. If they lose then you still have a pistol or a braced rifle.

Not at all. It can be removed from the registry

Just means they aren't actually in the registry yet until it goes through the courts. If they lose then you still have a pistol or a braced rifle.
Yes, but now you've sent this information that was not required, done fingerprints, etc and you get nothing out of it. Do you think they are going to destroy that data if the rule falls through? If you comply you should get a stamp even if it ends up going away

Yes, but now you've sent this information that was not required, done fingerprints, etc and you get nothing out of it. Do you think they are going to destroy that data if the rule falls through? If you comply you should get a stamp even if it ends up going away
nope. I think they’ll keep them. Just like the 4473 records dealers keep. Also the fingerprints I’ve had done for other aspects of life and submit to the government haven’t ever bothered me.

Do you honestly believe a lawyer will be able to argue the ATF isn’t allowed to change their mind about things?

Do you honestly believe a lawyer will be able to argue the ATF isn’t allowed to change their mind about things?
Yes.
And the frame final rule injunction is evidence of that.
You can't just go changing the definitions of things.

The ruling will get tossed. There are now 3 lawsuits against the ATF in Federal court. Christ, the ATF said themselves that they DO NOT regulate accessories which is exactly what a fucking brace is.

Top Back Refresh