What's new

Pistol brace ruling - ATF at it again

Yes.
And the frame final rule injunction is evidence of that.
You can't just go changing the definitions of things.
You can if a judge says the ‘frame final’ rule isn’t applicable to this case. What is your back up argument?
this isn’t a ‘partially complete’ stock. It’s a stock. Especially when there is plenty of evidence of people NOT attaching this ‘brace’ to their arm for stability and instead are putting it to their cheek and shoulder to fire the weapon.

You can if a judge says the ‘frame final’ rule isn’t applicable to this case. What is your back up argument?
this isn’t a ‘partially complete’ stock. It’s a stock. Especially when there is plenty of evidence of people NOT attaching this ‘brace’ to their arm for stability and instead are putting it to their cheek and shoulder to fire the weapon.

:idea:
Pistol braces should only be illegal when used in the commission of a crime.

:laughing:

Just Like body armor.

nope. I think they’ll keep them. Just like the 4473 records dealers keep. Also the fingerprints I’ve had done for other aspects of life and submit to the government haven’t ever bothered me.

Do you honestly believe a lawyer will be able to argue the ATF isn’t allowed to change their mind about things?

This right here. Doesn't even matter. ALL of that info exists already, every single bit.
The only way it wouldn't is for a home built receiver and even then, it doesn't matter. If you removed it or it was removed from the registry then there is no serial number, unless you were dumb enough to put one on it before this has gone through the courts.

Yes, I know how its "supposed" to be done. I also know how its done in the real world.

since when has using an object in a manner not intended by it's manufacturer changed the definition of that object?

This right here. Doesn't even matter. ALL of that info exists already, every single bit.
The only way it wouldn't is for a home built receiver and even then, it doesn't matter. If you removed it or it was removed from the registry then there is no serial number, unless you were dumb enough to put one on it before this has gone through the courts.

Yes, I know how its "supposed" to be done. I also know how its done in the real world.
I’m out here to discuss the frame lower law nonsense. You missed the point. If the ONLY argument AGAINST the ATF changing their mine is thrown out by a judge then nothing stops this. If you want to argue over other stuff we can. Just understand what the purpose of my previous post is before going off like it’s the topic of the thread. It isn’t.

since when has using an object in a manner not intended by it's manufacturer changed the definition of that object?
Since putting a stock on a rifle with less than a specific length barrel requires it to be an NFA item. So like 1986 or 89 or when we THAT law was passed.

I’m out here to discuss the frame lower law nonsense. You missed the point. If the ONLY argument AGAINST the ATF changing their mine is thrown out by a judge then nothing stops this. If you want to argue over other stuff we can. Just understand what the purpose of my previous post is before going off like it’s the topic of the thread. It isn’t.

Uh, you quoted the post below. Nobodys talking about a lower specifically in that post. or the one he quoted. :laughing:.Take a deep breath.
Yes, but now you've sent this information that was not required, done fingerprints, etc and you get nothing out of it. Do you think they are going to destroy that data if the rule falls through? If you comply you should get a stamp even if it ends up going away

That guy has very little information for as many videos as he posts. I stopped watching him a long time ago because it’s all click bait.
Fuck that asshole and all his click bait bullshit.

That guy has very little information for as many videos as he posts. I stopped watching him a long time ago because it’s all click bait.

Fuck that asshole and all his click bait bullshit.

Well you two fuckers are full of good news. :flipoff2:

So is congress demanding the ATF appear before congress by April or not? If so I dont see how its clickbait.

So is congress demanding the ATF appear before congress by April or not? If so I dont see how its clickbait.

Looks like a representative IS demanding it. April 26 is when they’re supposed to show up and answer some questions. It’s going to be dumb like every OTHER time an agency gets question with a bunch of nothing being answered.

Edit: when the guy shows up I expect him to be typical department heads and say ‘I don’t speak for the last agency. They got it wrong. If you want to know how THEY interpret THEIR letter ask them. Not me. I don’t interpret what THEY said as correct which is why I made MY interpretation.

He does a video on a basic, minuscule, fact or event, but the title makes it seem much more important. He then makes a bunch of conclusions/predictions that rarely happen. The whole time he asks for likes and subscribes. His video could be a single sentence but somehow he makes them 15 minutes for the algorithm. Click bait. Waste of time.

He does a video on a basic, minuscule, fact or event, but the title makes it seem much more important. He then makes a bunch of conclusions/predictions that rarely happen. The whole time he asks for likes and subscribes. His video could be a single sentence but somehow he makes them 15 minutes for the algorithm. Click bait. Waste of time.
I guess but if thats what it takes to reach more people on the current developments than oh well. Whats the preferred alternative, you dont hear shit or get your one sentence update on some obscure alternative news outlet that no one sees?

I mean I dont know if congress calling out the ATF on a possible over reach of their authority is a minuscule event or not. Im just trying to follow along best I can. The more people that pay attention the better in my book.

I guess but if thats what it takes to reach more people on the current developments than oh well. Whats the preferred alternative, you dont hear shit or get your one sentence update on some obscure alternative news outlet that no one sees?

I mean I dont know if congress calling out the ATF on a possible over reach of their authority is a minuscule event or not. Im just trying to follow along best I can. The more people that pay attention the better in my book.
Go watch more than one of his videos. Repetitive. Boring. Like. subscribe.

Congress calling out the atf might be interesting. But nothing has actually happened other than big talk. Even if they get the atf in front of them, there could be no conclusion. It’s two different branches of the government arguing over what will need a court resolution. This is all a show.

Go watch more than one of his videos. Repetitive. Boring. Like. subscribe.

Congress calling out the atf might be interesting. But nothing has actually happened other than big talk. Even if they get the atf in front of them, there could be no conclusion. It’s two different branches of the government arguing over what will need a court resolution. This is all a show.
A pro-2a source is one we should support, even if we don't find it to be the most entertaining or educating. The 2a community should support each other to better be able to pushback or inform as a unified front.

Divided we fall.

what-she-said-tracey-matney.gif

A pro-2a source is one we should support, even if we don't find it to be the most entertaining or educating. The 2a community should support each other to better be able to pushback or inform as a unified front.

Divided we fall.
For sure. I don't care if you're a Fudd, or a LARP, or a John Fucking Wick, we're all in this together.

Stand up, don't sit on the couch.

Divided we fall.
There’s no value there. You can waste your time watching his new videos every day. Go watch his latest 10 videos from the past 2 weeks and tell me what you’ve actually learned.
ADA44BBB-425F-4ED1-825C-BDBC8C993483.png

There’s no value there. You can waste your time watching his new videos every day. Go watch his latest 10 videos from the past 2 weeks and tell me what you’ve actually learned.
ADA44BBB-425F-4ED1-825C-BDBC8C993483.png
I subscribe to him and many others. I listen to them while at work. I choose to support the community.

His voice is louder than yours or mine and it's a positive one for our community.

A unique situation in my state has popped up. Because of our strict "AW ban", we have Others (essentially 12"+ barreled pistols with a VFG) not rifles or pistols for ARs. Historically CT wont issue a AW cert for them and the ATF won't allow a SBR to registered without the AW cert. The SLFU and the ATF have come up with a plan. CT residents will be allowed to submit a form 1 and register as a SBR to run a brace but wont be allowed to configure it as a SBR with a stock by state law. If CTs laws werent confusing enough already.

SLFU response.jpg

So is this still a thing?

Yes it is and the cops are going to kill your dog. thankfully plenty of people here hate cops enough they don’t care about complying.

Top Back Refresh