What's new

Pics of me towing stuff

88CE1A69-8272-4069-B539-C1F803BCBC91.jpeg
:flipoff2: Forgot about this thread, I’ll start posting in here now instead of the where you are thread….

766A7063-0458-46C1-97A1-4EA822F73AE9.jpeg
3BB61442-4D3B-4EE2-98D2-A1D79C546B72.jpeg
Hauled the 8 out to the brush today 125k and change gross weight, 14ft blade. Got lucky and found a nice ramp to unload……
Nice! Since I have no idea, how long does it take to load/unload a machine that size (without a ramp) from the moment you roll on site to the time you are leaving?

Nice! Since I have no idea, how long does it take to load/unload a machine that size (without a ramp) from the moment you roll on site to the time you are leaving?
Depends on if you own the trailer and/or machine. :laughing:

Depends on if you own the trailer and/or machine. :laughing:

Good point. :lmao: I've seen side loads/unloads and rear loads/unloads without unhooking, so I guess I should have been more specific and asked how long does it take to it the right way? :confused:

Last edited:
Good point. :lmao: I've seen side loads/unloads and rear loads/unloads without unhooking, so I guess I should have been more specific and asked how long doe sit take to it the right way? :confused:
It takes me by myself only a couple mins to break down. Some machines can’t go over the back obviously, but ones that can I usually do. These trailers are made to handle rear loading, and I have 6ft ramps I use. The d8 today is a big girl, it’s a little much for rear loading, it’s been done, but it likes to slide around. So I try and find a dirt pile or burm to use. The coupling mechanism on these Cozad’s can get sloppy over time, so I try and not use it unless necessary.

It takes me by myself only a couple mins to break down. Some machines can’t go over the back obviously, but ones that can I usually do. These trailers are made to handle rear loading, and I have 6ft ramps I use. The d8 today is a big girl, it’s a little much for rear loading, it’s been done, but it likes to slide around. So I try and find a dirt pile or burm to use. The coupling mechanism on these Cozad’s can get sloppy over time, so I try and not use it unless necessary.

Thanks for the response and was just curious.

OK, so "a fraction" might have not been the right term. It was obviously overloaded. But not like it was 3 or 4 times the 6 tons. I'm guessing 18-20k in dirt?

Now that I type that out, it sounds really bad :laughing:

were the axles cambered out a good 10 degrees?
if not, you're doing better than the guy I passed (who then eventually passed me at about 85)

trailer was a 2-axle, about a 14' box full of class 5 to the top of the sides, similar height as yours, so not the landscaper ones that got the tall sides for branches and shit

D5A0F14F-37AA-4DB5-AEFC-B5421F0E1242.jpeg
On my way back home with this tomorrow. Got a hotel for the night. I drop the trailer like so, so my ramps don’t get stolen.

EA768849-2B61-4914-A496-347D2B677E46.jpeg
Got this out of the woods today, bringing it to weaverville to make some fire lines this week.
Enjoying the pics of your various hauling trips! Would it possible to put weights (actual or estimated) in with the pictures? Always curious what machinery weighs.

Maiden voyage in our camper project. Was sitting for 8 years. New tires and grease, it towed fine. Full build out coming.
received_534796990929604.jpeg

EA768849-2B61-4914-A496-347D2B677E46.jpeg
Got this out of the woods today, bringing it to weaverville to make some fire lines this week.
I have noticed this in previous pics that you have the dozers forward with the blade on the fifth wheel. is there a reason for this? I would think it would put more weight on the tractor that the trailer axles and scale heavy and/or ride like shit?? I obviously don't drive a heavy truck for a living though.

I have noticed this in previous pics that you have the dozers forward with the blade on the fifth wheel. is there a reason for this? I would think it would put more weight on the tractor that the trailer axles and scale heavy and/or ride like shit?? I obviously don't drive a heavy truck for a living though.
Puts weight on the drives, and gets the blade high, to go over guard rails and cars…..

Mvanhelden What can you legally axle at on the trailer axles. I would assume you can run more weight on the rear of the trailer than the front? With those super single steers what can you legally axle on the front? I would guess you can run 17k on the drives like us normal folk can or with running overweight permits can you run higher?

When I ran heavy equipment they always made us take the blades off the D8Ts before they would haul them. But they had the trash kits on them so I imagine the blades weighed a lot more than normal ones. Just wondering why one way or the other.

Mvanhelden What can you legally axle at on the trailer axles. I would assume you can run more weight on the rear of the trailer than the front? With those super single steers what can you legally axle on the front? I would guess you can run 17k on the drives like us normal folk can or with running overweight permits can you run higher?

When I ran heavy equipment they always made us take the blades off the D8Ts before they would haul them. But they had the trash kits on them so I imagine the blades weighed a lot more than normal ones. Just wondering why one way or the other.
I’ll check the permits tomorrow, I know the front axle is 20k, is why I keep the 5th wheel slid ahead of the drives most of the time. And I think 57k on the drives, and 64-67 on the trailer? And spread to 10ft I think is over 70k.

this thread keeps loading in at post #93 for me, every other thread goes to first unread as it should
anyone else?

damn that looks like a heavy load Projectjunkie
Well, I posted my other 410, not missing the rear bucket, on the same truck and trailer in the big dumb load thread and got called a pussy for thinking it was BDL :laughing:

It was 8 miles of back roads

I don't intend to move these much more than around the neighborhood, eventually sell them and buy a skid steer

Top Back Refresh