What's new

Pics of me towing stuff

Picked up the new trailer, had to retire the galvanized trailer due to cracking.

IMG_5034.jpeg

Not my equipment or my rig.
This is my neighbors rig and equipment, they do asphalt grinding.
Custom ordered truck trailer and grinder I guess.
I don't have all the specs,
20220701_153941.jpg
20220701_153859.jpg

Not my equipment or my rig.
This is my neighbors rig and equipment, they do asphalt grinding.
Custom ordered truck trailer and grinder I guess.
I don't have all the specs,
20220701_153941.jpg
20220701_153859.jpg
Badass setup, ive seen that rig on the highway before. I’m sure he’s done grinding for our paving division.

Badass setup, ive seen that rig on the highway before. I’m sure he’s done grinding for our paving division.
So Cal company, So they work up and down the state, Also into Az. and Nev.

I just know the "kid" that operates it is pretty picky about all of it. I say kid, cause I've known him since He was in High School.:lmao:

Truck, Trailer, and Grinder.

Even when it would hit 3rd on some decent grades. I wouldn't really notice if the music was on a perfectly normal level and I wasn't paying attention.

I'm not even sure my 7.3 would do 80 :laughing:

I rode in an F150 right after arriving at the hammers last year. I had just spent 13 hours in my truck. It was insane how quiet it was when I got in the F150. It’s probably quieter at 65 then the 7.3 is at idle:laughing:

I rode in an F150 right after arriving at the hammers last year. I had just spent 13 hours in my truck. It was insane how quiet it was when I got in the F150. It’s probably quieter at 65 then the 7.3 is at idle:laughing:
I almost pulled the trigger on a 19 2.7. The thing was almost silent

Basically :laughing:
I definitely remember only hearing the 7.3 running when driving our old F450 at interstate speeds. Couldn’t even have a phone call.

Even when it would hit 3rd on some decent grades. I wouldn't really notice if the music was on a perfectly normal level and I wasn't paying attention.

I'm not even sure my 7.3 would do 80 :laughing:
What’s the unloaded mileage like with that truck?

There is almost zero sound dampening material in an 05 and older SD. About the same as an OBS. A little sound proofing goes a long way. Made my Stupid Duty damn near quite inside.

There is almost zero sound dampening material in an 05 and older SD. About the same as an OBS. A little sound proofing goes a long way. Made my Stupid Duty damn near quite inside.

Part of my issues were wind also. Pass side hinges were toast. New ones helped. I need to go through door seals also.

Thank you. I was wondering how my truck (2019 f150 2.7tt) would handle my 1985 full sized bronco. Should do just fine

I don’t want to derail this thread so I’ll PM you

YotaAtieToo
thanks for the numbers, these are on my radar, you running 87 octane? Do you ever check the dash numbers against hand calculated?

99% of the time it's 87 or 85, ethanol free will bump the mileage a bit, but not sure it's worth it.

I haven't hand checked it in a while, it wasn't too far off. The slightly larger tires dropped the lie o meter down, so I figured it's probably pretty close to real world.

I’m generally about .75 mpg lower than the low-o-meter. That’s non-towing on 87.

Edit: mostly highway 2019 2.7 4x4 with 3.55 gears/10 speed transmission. Avg between 20-22mpg (Hand calculated) depending on wind and how much of the fun pedal I use.

Last edited:
Last spring I sold my 96 F350 7.3 DRW that I had 05+ axle swapped.. maybe I should finish that build thread 😂

Picked up a cherry 2 owner 97 F250 with 125k on the clock while I was working in CA. Recent pic with the old man topper I added, when we went to pick up a prerunner my buddy bought last month out of Havasu.

Attachments

• 20221121_130914.jpg
    20221121_130914.jpg
    8.9 MB · Views: 57
Top Back Refresh