What's new

Photo Forensics?

How long is this trip supposed to last?
She had an open ticked. Originally planning for a month and the date she was coming back has passed. "She" messaged her mother saying she was traveling for longer but would be back for the Nickleback concert on June 28th. Who the hell comes back for Nickleback? :flipoff2: Kinda a half-joke. Really traveling the world or Nikleback?

Since she lost her phone I have no way of contacting my niece and her mother is not helping me because "everything is fine" and doesn't want me bothering this guy friend on his phone. "He doesn't talk to his parents all the time like my daughter so that's why she hasn't sent photos or talked on the phone" WTF.

Now who knows what country she may actually be in even. I would love to call the authorities but are they really going to do anything? I can't give any useful information and she is 22. Hell when my daughter is 16 they wouldn't help with a situation.

fotoforensics.com seems to give a bunch of info. I don't know what that info means.

You could try pulling the same info from another photo shared by the SIL and compare data (especially the date). If you can find one that seems like it was sent to her from your niece, even better. I would think the more recent, the better. Don't know if it would work, just the first thing that came to mind.
The other thing that stuck out was, did she give the parents any form of itinerary or idea of where she was at least starting and where/when she planned to finish the trip. Was she starting in or near Istanbul and trekking across to Turkey or further, etc.?

Is there any reason you can make up to have them click on a link?

edit: In case I talk with one of my special friends, what is the last known location of her, what city was she in and what city is being claimed that she is currently in?

If the photo the mother just received is real she is/was in Theth Albania.

Don't know why I didn't think to pull another photo of my sister-in-law's facebook and check the date. I'll go do that now.

No itinerary just Turkey, Kosovo and now Albania with no set return date. Rather vague I know :mad3:

So tried another photo and looks like the date is unrelated. The random photo had a date 7 years earlier... thanks facebook.

That's what everyone is hoping BUT this is not normal behavior for her. She has a very good relationship with her parents.

When I went traveling through central America I lost my phone and not checking in regularly for me was abnormal as well... but I was having a blast and would ask @jeff555 to text my parrents randomly every few weeks "hey, can you text my mom that im still alive".

I dont think the scenario seems all that strange.
New bf, traveling the world with no plan, dont want to hear from anyone who wants you to come back... sounds Awsome

When I went traveling through central America I lost my phone and not checking in regularly for me was abnormal as well... but I was having a blast and would ask @jeff555 to text my parrents randomly every few weeks "hey, can you text my mom that im still alive".

I dont think the scenario seems all that strange.
New bf, traveling the world with no plan, dont want to hear from anyone who wants you to come back... sounds Awsome
Yeah, but who wants you chained to a radiator?

I didn't think there was much point in posting the photo because I know the location where it was taken and I know nothing about this guy and maybe I'm just being "over-cautious".

Found the hotel in the photo I have while searching online. I emailed with the photos asking if they have seen her or if they thought the photo of the hotel was recent. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Again do you know the bf name? Track down his Facebook or whatever the fuck people use now. Track down his parents and sister, whoever. Contact them after a little investigation. What about her friends? I find it hard to believe she cut off everyone.

My SonIL’s sister met a guy at UW… they dated and got married within a couple years…. They end up moving to Qatar, his home country…… long story short…. His attitude abruptly changed and by the sounds of it, the dog would get better treatment than her!!!!!! The whole family treated her like shit until she finally said, I want a divorce and go home…. SonIL’s dad ends up having to go over there and get her…… this girl was no push over either….. she came across quite bitchy the few times I’ve met her!!!!!

You step outside the US, our rules no longer apply!!!!!

My SonIL’s sister met a guy at UW… they dated and got married within a couple years…. They end up moving to Qatar, his home country…… long story short…. His attitude abruptly changed and by the sounds of it, the dog would get better treatment than her!!!!!! The whole family treated her like shit until she finally said, I want a divorce and go home…. SonIL’s dad ends up having to go over there and get her…… this girl was no push over either….. she came across quite bitchy the few times I’ve met her!!!!!

You step outside the US, our rules no longer apply!!!!!
I've heard that exact story before. Seems like SOP for a certain demographic.

Yeah, but if your mom asked you to call her for 2 minutes to make her feel better, would you have said no?

Eric, I got a friend in Romania and another Germany. Got some family over in parts of Europe but nobody near Albania. Too bad we don't have someone familiar with their legal system or how welfare checks or any of that can go about. Keep up posted on this, Eric. I'm spending more time thinking on this girl and this situation than I should be. I hope I'm worried about nothing, but my emotions are in on it now so don't leave us hanging, ok?

Thanks, it means a lot. I've not been sleeping well the few couple of weeks that's for sure.

Her phone is back working again! My daughter saw through Snapchat that she was at a hostel in Tirana Albania (Guess snapchat can show where you are). So she messaged her through there asking for a photo and saying we were worried about her. Just a little while ago it was opened but no response. So the phone was not stolen or lost after all??? WTF My head is going to explode. If it was stolen I'm sure the SIM card would have been taken out ASAP and if she ended up an Epstein Island 2.0 I'm sure they wouldn't let her have her phone. So I guess this is good news...

Since her phone is magically back on (not answering) I'm thinking the niece is just being a bitch and not wanting to communicate with family for some reason. Maybe she got into an argument with her Mom or something because the sister-in-law is acting weird too. Still seems out of character but who knows? Ugh family :shaking:

Since I now seem to be airing all my dirty laundry :homer: Here is another tidbit that did not help the paranoia. Around the same time the niece met this guy she is on the trip with, a Russian photographer came into the pub that she waitressed at and asked if she would model for him (not for anything specific). I was ticked the sister-in-law let her go alone but off she went. The photographer had a big house on the hill and dropped the niece off later in a $400k G-waggon so guess he is a very good photographer or makes money in other ways (feel free to speculate) . Photos were well done but not many of them were any an uncle wants to see of his niece (rather suggestive). No, not sharing them here:flipoff2: Then soon after off she goes on this trip and goes off the radar.

Well this has taken a turn.

I was going to say mobile phones have changed the way we keep tabs on family and when that fails it is common to panic. In the mid to late 90s I had a sister who was in her 20s at the time and she travelled through the parts Europe your niece is in. No mobile phone just the odd email to me or another sibling to check in every now and then. She would tell us where she was but generally asked us not to worry our parents with exact details. And she survived no problems

But then my sister never became involved with a mysterious Russian dude just prior to departure

So the phone is back on, have they actually seen pics of the girl or just background photos? If shes not in any of them she doesnt have the phone.

Since her phone is magically back on (not answering) I'm thinking the niece is just being a bitch and not wanting to communicate with family for some reason.
The face that it's not even your crotch-fruit yet we're discussing this here would seem to indicate that this is a pretty overbearing or micro-managerial family.

Last edited:
Since her phone is magically back on (not answering) I'm thinking the niece is just being a bitch and not wanting to communicate with family for some reason. Maybe she got into an argument with her Mom or something because the sister-in-law is acting weird too. Still seems out of character but who knows? Ugh family :shaking:
probably because the mom is annoyingly overbearing and you don't realize it. GIVE ME A CALL FOR 5 MINS SWEETIE IM WORRIED is extremely irritating when you jsut want to be off doing your own thing. but at the same time, a text here and there from the daughter would prevent that so idk

i think this is tied for first place for the most likely scenarios, along with her phone just being pick pocketed. it's turkey, who is surprised? the person who stole it could just be reading her messages and stuff
since I now seem to be airing all my dirty laundry :homer: Here is another tidbit that did not help the paranoia. Around the same time the niece met this guy she is on the trip with, a Russian photographer came into the pub that she waitressed at and asked if she would model for him (not for anything specific). I was ticked the sister-in-law let her go alone but off she went. The photographer had a big house on the hill and dropped the niece off later in a $400k G-waggon so guess he is a very good photographer or makes money in other ways (feel free to speculate) . Photos were well done but not many of them were any an uncle wants to see of his niece (rather suggestive). No, not sharing them here:flipoff2: Then soon after off she goes on this trip and goes off the radar.
so niece is a naive kid and SIL is a fucking idiot for letting her do it

I really hope its just as simple as her being on the outs with her mom or her phone being stolen. those are best case Ontario

EXTREMELY suspicious about the russian photog, as well as her going ghost in a part of the world famous for young white girls mysteriously disappearing and being trafficked

I'd be calling any and all numbers Stuck is suggesting

get in touch with her closest friends back home who can confirm they are friends with her on snapchat. maybe get them to send some fake nudes that the thief/trafficker might latch on to and try to get some info on their location or the phone's location that way. if they're traffickers they'll want more white girls, so maybe they'll take the bait

good luck

So the phone is back on, have they actually seen pics of the girl or just background photos? If shes not in any of them she doesnt have the phone.

The family only received two photo's one the day she arrived (with her in the picture) and one a few days ago landscape photo (no people).

So we got a scathing text this morning from the SIL saying that the niece messaged her saying that us asking for a photo was too much and aggressive. bla bla bla... it's not your place. bla bla bla. WTF? "She wrote me a long toughing message the other day she is fine" bla bla bla.
Oh and now the story had changed the BF's phone was now stolen...WTF?!?!?!? That was the whole excuse for not sending photos in the first place.

If the niece's phone wasn't on I would still be very worried. She has put more effort into writing excuses as to why she can't send a single photo of herself rather and humor MANY family members that have asked. If this actually went sideways I couldn't see the criminal going through the effort of keeping a phone traveling around I would assume it would have just been chucked...but then again maybe it freaks out family too much.

The way the sister-in-law is acting I guess I am done but FUCK I sure hope my niece is a raging bitch that hid disdain for her family for the last 22 years very well because the alternative is sickening.

what kind of phone does she have? find my iphone feature on her laptop at home?

local law enforcement can trace its use can't they?

So we got a scathing text this morning from the SIL saying that the niece messaged her saying that us asking for a photo was too much and aggressive. bla bla bla... it's not your place. bla bla bla. WTF? "She wrote me a long toughing message the other day she is fine" bla bla bla.
Oh and now the story had changed the BF's phone was now stolen...WTF?!?!?!? That was the whole excuse for not sending photos in the first place.
that's exactly what a pickpocket would say if they wanted to keep the free phone and have it stop receiving tons of messages from the family of the person he stole it from

think how often you see stupid young people taking selfies all the time, everywhere. she'd show up in something

social media? have her friends check her snapchat story, IG story, facebook story, whatever the fuck. she would be posting shit constantly if she's like every other young girl in the world. they care more about people knowing they're traveling than the trip itself

talking to her girlfriends is gonna be the quickest route to her

what kind of phone does she have? find my iphone feature on her laptop at home?

I'm not that overbearing I do not know her friends.
I don't know what kind of phone she has think Apple. The Mother is NOT cooperating so I doubt I can access her laptop...if it's around. I know exactly where her phone is according to Snapchat. A hostel in Tirana Albania.

I think it's time to call the authorities fuck the SIL they can hopefully do a wellness check. Preferably a no-knock one.:flipoff:

should be easy enough to call the hostel and ask if they have a guest named so-and-so checked in there. you're a concerned family member that can email proof of relationship before they divulge the info if they aren't willing to

even in other countries someone at the hostel staff will speak english

Drejtoria e Policisë Tiranë
+355 4 227 4866

my niece is missing. last seen at this hostel. help
mbesa ime mungon. parë për herë të fundit në këtë hotel. ndihmë

google translate has an audio feature that will teach you to say it out loud before you call

or just call and say ENGLISH ENGLISH over and over, someone will speak it

Albania State Police​

Bulevardi Bajram Curri
1001 Tirane
ALBANIA

phone: +355694118355
fax:
e-mail: oljan (dot) karaj (at) asp (dot) gov (dot) al

Areas serviced: AL

Top Back Refresh