What's new

Panzers: I break rocks thread

These are the little black chips that come out of the holes. Should be interesting to see what the shot turns up. If the stone actually turns this black my master plan to make landfill stone here just got shot in the ass. It makes no sense crushing it and selling it for $10 a ton for landfill stone vs $30 a ton for landscape stone. :homer:

Just another day:lmao:.
funny, the pink granite is the big bucks here, like 60 bucks a yard

It’s the case of whatever you don’t have is the big money stone:lmao:
suspose trucking is big bucks and even rail is kinda fuckoff too lately what with the letters the fertilizer guys were getting...

I shoulda grabbed those rubber tracks from you while I was there, could lay them out flat to make a drivey pass through a ditch I got

suspose trucking is big bucks and even rail is kinda fuckoff too lately what with the letters the fertilizer guys were getting...

I shoulda grabbed those rubber tracks from you while I was there, could lay them out flat to make a drivey pass through a ditch I got
I was surprised you turned them down. I was thinking you could use them for that type of work. :lmao:

Isn’t that insane. I so wish that was the case by me. However one of the big guys has a quarry on a rail line up here and they work all year making rail road ballast. So naturally all the fines are turned into road gravel and small stone as a waste product. The rail road pays the bills everything else is just gravy. So naturally I need to be priced similar to what they are:homer:.

This is what I’m completing against. Yes that tripper conveyor next to the rail road is almost a 1/2 mile long.
3AF4F9F8-D328-409C-B138-D2AE5587CAF9.png
Those Mathy guys are just assholes too...they came in and bought out a small concrete guy that our friends have land next to and have had handshake deals about access between the properties for 50 years.

think you hole will ever get this deep? This was filmed in 2017 about 4 years after the quarry closed. The guy that ran the quarry shopped at the hardware store I worked at in the late 90's. Lots of good stories. The old ladies that lived next door for 50 years would still call and complain every time they would blast. From what I could find the quarry opened in the early 1900's. The hole is full of water to the top now.

think you hole will ever get this deep? This was filmed in 2017 about 4 years after the quarry closed. The guy that ran the quarry shopped at the hardware store I worked at in the late 90's. Lots of good stories. The old ladies that lived next door for 50 years would still call and complain every time they would blast. From what I could find the quarry opened in the early 1900's. The hole is full of water to the top now.

Seems odd they just abandoned all the equipment in place.

id love to buy that place.

Seems odd they just abandoned all the equipment in place.

Current Google maps shot, they eventually sold everything off. Most everything at the quarry had been worked to death and maintenance was lax the last few years of production.

alby quarry.jpg

Current Google maps shot, they eventually sold everything off. Most everything at the quarry had been worked to death and maintenance was lax the last few years of production.

alby quarry.jpg
I’m getting old. These houses started going in about 25 years ago. A pair of pits that closed production probably 30-35 years ago. I think the biggest usage was the Superdome if I remember correctly. Dive shops used to use it for training classes.

As my dad would say, “get paid to show up, get paid to crush the rock, get paid to clean up, get paid to leave”

DC49E709-3B8E-4AA6-8F67-3473A8565661.jpeg

This is the quarry closest to me that we get material from. The pit is approx. 30 acres and were the plant is, is another 45 acres. That piece of property in total is 200 acres with the tank farm and solar field. To the west they own another 325 acres. My buddy is tasked with moving the plants in 3 years so they can excavate that location. I think the deepest cut is just over 100' right now.
ASMG.PNG

Since everybody is posting quarry pics, here is one of the local ones.

And the best part of it is the direct rail and ship access.

e463983470ac494c0ba2c50af4585fed3845298947397cccda.jpg

This is big boy stuff. Way out of my league. :lmao:

A rail spur would be awesome to have. Ship shit to shitcago the easy way.

Did a little farming this after noon. My dry topsoil situation is pretty fucking bleak. It’s the time of year where everyone wants a load or too of screened topsoil.

I just about even traded my 4x4 6640 ford tractor for a 2wd jd4430 at the auction last week. Had to go try it out and disk some topsoil to start drying it down. About 3-4 days with disking each day of sun and a little breeze you can turn the topsoil to dust. It makes it easy to screen. It’s also easy to work with when we dump it off in your yard.

My new tractor!!! :flipoff2:
FEE9DA96-BB35-4435-8EFC-B471D7E6AB4F.jpeg

My rookie farming :lmao:

87206090-4F43-4EBF-9D13-3B6FA8D4806B.jpeg

Dang those windows are clean...

Nothing beats a 4430, grew up riding on the fold down left arm rest next to dad working ground for my uncle. Only downside was banging my head off of the back window with the 3-4 shift of the quad range power shift transmission.

Dang those windows are clean...

Nothing beats a 4430, grew up riding on the fold down left arm rest next to dad working ground for my uncle. Only downside was banging my head off of the back window with the 3-4 shift of the quad range power shift transmission.
Lol the tornado in 2007 cleaned them all out.

WCS wallingford crushed stone, is a few miles down the road from me. They have an acre-ish of solar right side of the road, advertising green bullshit. Slightly curious of the percentage of usage it's generating. 10% maybe?

6F50ED7E-D2E5-4B30-B5A1-377E79E149A7.png

WCS wallingford crushed stone, is a few miles down the road from me. They have an acre-ish of solar right side of the road, advertising green bullshit. Slightly curious of the percentage of usage it's generating. 10% maybe?

6F50ED7E-D2E5-4B30-B5A1-377E79E149A7.png
Prolly less than less than 10%. My big spread which would be small for a place like this continuously uses 450-500 Amps at 480volts. That’s 217kw per hour.

Prolly less than less than 10%. My big spread which would be small for a place like this continuously uses 450-500 Amps at 480volts. That’s 217kw per hour.

You sure that's 217kw? 3^-.5*I*V is like 400 KW. For reference crushing rock we average 1.4-1.7 KW/ton and push 300-400 TPH average throughput.

To add to the crushing spread pictures here is our setup and our quarry floor.

Attachments

• IMG_20220527_074850.jpg
    IMG_20220527_074850.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20220527_074853.jpg
    IMG_20220527_074853.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 33
You sure that's 217kw? 3^-.5*I*V is like 400 KW. For reference crushing rock we average 1.4-1.7 KW/ton and push 300-400 TPH average throughput.

To add to the crushing spread pictures here is our setup and our quarry floor.
That looks like real big boy shit:barf:

The stationary plants look impressive. They do it right with the correct conveyors screen boxes way up high ect.

My little plant we shoot for 300 tph. Anything less and we start to panic.

My big plant we shoot for 450-500tph.

Speed bump mines for the good stuff so they don’t need to have a big throughput.

Not really, other than crushing 7 different materials to feed a grinding system this setup is super simple compared to a sand and gravel operation. All we care about is max sizing and throughput.

The stationary plants look impressive. They do it right with the correct conveyors screen boxes way up high ect.

My little plant we shoot for 300 tph. Anything less and we start to panic.

My big plant we shoot for 450-500tph.

Speed bump mines for the good stuff so they don’t need to have a big throughput.

Crusher throughput for us is limited by storage and the variety of materials we crush. If we are stockpiling crushed rock then 500+ TPH isn't hard to achieve. Bottlenecks get bigger and bigger as you move down the line: crush at 350 TPH, grind at 100 TPH, feed the kiln at 60 TPH and get 38 TPH out, feed the finish grinding circuit at 35 TPH so as long as crushing system averages 10 hours a day of operation it easily keeps up.

Just making seedrock I can do 900+, mostly restricted by the ability to get the feed to the hopper, we use a WA600 or a JD844. Currently we have a long tram, until we step the pit down. Might extend the Overland. MSHA stopped by today 0 citations, probably get 12 next time. Our rock is mostly river bottom cobble, fairly soft, we don't have to drill and blast. We have portions that have clay, have to watch out for it.

Top Back Refresh