What's new

Panzers: I break rocks thread

How could you not weld it 18" off the ground? I would have done it for the cost of a plane ticket just to get to see your operation

Lol I’m a welder by necessity not by trade. Laying on my back in the mud trying to stitch a 1/2” tube together I didn’t feel too confident. Blowing it off and giving it the old dual shield in the shop that I can do.

The big thing is this conveyor gets lifted up 2-3’ at this joint. The conveyor is 38’ tall and can move 600 ton a hour of gravel. If it would fail it could potentially tip the hell over. This conveyor costs 130k new ;(

You are welcome to come visit any time. You may have to sacrifice a flat bill and put a bend in it to fit in lol.

Last edited:
We went thru the parking brake thing with msha, we had 3500 Chevy 4wd with the shitty drum in disc brake, msha expected it to hold on our 10% grade while hooked to a trailer with an 8k skidsteer on it.

We discussed custom drive line brake, line lock, but management was afraid to modify. I suggested a sticker on the dash "don't park on grade with trailer":homer:
it was never resolved, when msha showed up, the truck got red tagged, and came in for 100% new components, and would hold like that for 5 days.

as for the zf, a old body style Fsuperduty came with a 4wd tranny that had a drive line brake bolted on like a t case. I think you're SOL without modifying your stuff

Same here. 2008 F550 Scelzi bed with 5000lb Autocrane hoist, loaded to the gills with tools and parts.
No way that was holding on the grade unless it was under a 3 day adjustment just for MSHA.
Ridiculous requirement IMO as nobody parks on such a grade and if necessary will turn the wheels toward the bank anyway.

Moved the big plant to my quarry to start making concrete stone for a local concrete plant. Of course today the feeder motor on the breaker decides to let the magic smoke out. Who knows how old she is. Machine is a 1989, hydraulics go pulled off sometime after 1999 and retrofitted to electric. This machine has had to have 8-9 million tons of material ran through it. It’s crazy once you start to think about it.

So of course the motor is hidden under the feeder and behind tons of armor. It’s a 40hp so it has some weight to it. Got it pulled and found a new replacement in town. Will be running again in the morning:).

Here are some random pictures of this shit show for your entertainment lol.

Click image for larger version  Name:	03946346-5C3A-4516-97BE-0A290C7469D2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	264.5 KB ID:	85553 Feeder motor minus the magic smoke.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_16329.jpg Views:	3 Size:	342.2 KB ID:	85555

This is where it’s hidden.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_16329.jpg Views:	3 Size:	342.2 KB ID:	85555 The is the new motor with the peckerhead all wired up
Click image for larger version  Name:	image_16330.jpg Views:	3 Size:	576.0 KB ID:	85556

Cone side of the plant standing on the breaker.

Click image for larger version  Name:	D4E3B8F9-6A8A-43F5-AD96-79CFEB5E4FAB.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	391.2 KB ID:	85557 A look over the twin screen box. 3/4” clear stone is what’s under the large stacker.

Click image for larger version  Name:	A03A8104-03ED-4637-9C7C-C8876C700040.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	449.6 KB ID:	85558 A view of my hole from the top of the breaker. One or 2 more shots and I’ll be able to park the bitch in the hole and then fuck carrying the shot up with the loafers.

Last edited:
$2500 for a motor guessing?? If you are interested in getting the old one rewound I would recommend Dreisilker. We send all our motors and spindle stators to them for rewinding.

https://dreisilker.com/

$1572 to be precise. It’s a import but it’s what the local guys stock. I need to get a megger so I can check windings. I actually have 2 electric motor rewinders in town. One for the less the 100hp and one for everything bigger than 100.

Old motor had 20 years of use? Not bad depending on how many hrs a year you ran it.

Some of those motors have over temperature switches. If you use them it can add a few years to your motor use.
If overheating is caused by dirt build up on motor, easy fix.

Great thread, keep it coming.

Old motor had 20 years of use? Not bad depending on how many hrs a year you ran it.

Some of those motors have over temperature switches. If you use them it can add a few years to your motor use.
If overheating is caused by dirt build up on motor, easy fix.

Great thread, keep it coming.

Lol not my style. Don’t need shit shutting off randomly. My big 400hp electric maybe should get a switch but the rest are disposable. This motor has a hard life, it sits on a rocking base and it rocks vigorously all day.

Lol not my style. Don’t need shit shutting off randomly. My big 400hp electric maybe should get a switch but the rest are disposable. This motor has a hard life, it sits on a rocking base and it rocks vigorously all day.

😁 Understand, don’t shut down until the last dying quiver.

Is your 400 HP on a VFD?

😁 Understand, don’t shut down until the last dying quiver.

Is your 400 HP on a VFD?

Gotta get your moneys worth lol.

The 400 is on a soft start. I always enjoy hitting the button to start that guy up. The v12 gets fucking angry haha. I do not look directly at the panel for fear of the big blue flame blowing out of it. The amp gage shows it pulling well over 1000 amps on start up. That’s a crazy amount of power getting that boy rolling.

Well I managed to snap off a shank on my 350l excavator. I was on my A game and caught that it was broken the first pass. The tooth and shank running through the crusher would be bad news.

Spent this morning welding it back on.

Click image for larger version  Name:	A5DD2B74-F4B4-4BE5-8143-E74A4A7C6B40.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	715.9 KB ID:	96330

Broken shank.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_17925.jpg Views:	5 Size:	749.8 KB ID:	96331

Shank beveled prior to attaching.

Click image for larger version  Name:	B3142428-68FD-4046-9416-2C059E1ADA64.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	556.8 KB ID:	96332

Checking fitment and making sure I can get rod to the root all the way around.

Click image for larger version  Name:	A5DD2B74-F4B4-4BE5-8143-E74A4A7C6B40.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	715.9 KB ID:	96330
Root pass done

3 hours later it’s lunch time. Will get it finished this afternoon. Wish I had some 5/32 7018 rods it would go a little faster. I only had 1/8” 7018 in the oven. Time will tell if my welds will hold lol

Last edited:
Damn, there’s some money tied up in that setup!:eek:

Idk I buy everything at the right price. I do not buy much new stuff. You would be surprised what I can pull out of the dead row and make it earn its keep.

I just need to man up and find another 3-4 guys to keep everything running full tilt. I have 4 plants but only have enough man power to run 2 at once ;(.

My problem is I need to be babysitting to keep the bitches rolling. All it takes is one stupid issue and you get 2-3 hours of down time.

Friday 1 3” rock on the top cross conveyor found its way in the headpulley and tripped the breaker. Of course there is 10 ton of rock headed to that belt before you can complete the crusher olympics and get it shut down. Complete disaster as once the belt filled up it started dropping 6” stone onto the 3/4” clear stone belt. That I turn fed my course material screw with large stone. 1 hour of picking rock to get the crossover belt running again and a hour to clean the screw out. What a Complete shit show ;(. It’s painful as she does 450/ton a hour and the material sells for at least $7.00/ton. You lose out on a ton of money on down time.

This business is kinda nice in that the entry into it is so great no one does it. If I had a couple million in cash I sure as fuck wouldn’t buy some crushing spreads lol.

Last edited:
[486 said:
;n96760]whatever happened to the p30 with the 6.2?

It’s parked in the dead row. I ended up buying a nice cheap f550 service truck with a crane on it. I still want to build a sweet old school 70’s ford service truck out of that thing. I was super tempted to buy a local beer truck body from that era to use as the service body. Too many projects ;( Need to work on the ones that make the money not the ones that spend it.

I hear you on that
no matter what I always manage to overfill my life with shit to do :\

Wow you really have everything figured out. Imagine a bunch of Antifa sitting around gawking at a thread of a dude crushing rocks. But this is literally what makes civilization function.

Now, if you can just figure out how to capture lightning in a bottle, you could keep your scales in shape :lmao:

Wow you really have everything figured out. Imagine a bunch of Antifa sitting around gawking at a thread of a dude crushing rocks. But this is literally what makes civilization function.

Now, if you can just figure out how to capture lightning in a bottle, you could keep your scales in shape :lmao:

No shit. I did half ass isolate the load cell and put a jumper wire across it. Knock on wood it hasn’t gotten blown out yet. Laying in bed right now I can hear a storm heading my way :eek:

Top Back Refresh