What's new

Ozempic, wegovy, mounjaro

Dude most of those development costs are born by the Federal Government Grants to Research Universities.
they are not.

the government funds basic scientific exploration. Private industry brings it to market.
I assure you the government is not paying for all the product safety testing at my wife's work, nor are they paying to develop the processes to mass produce shit.

the article you posted said:
While the stated mission of the NIH is “to seek fundamental knowledge about the nature and behavior of living systems and the application of that knowledge to enhance health, lengthen life, and reduce illness and disability,our analysis identified relatively little direct investment in drug development.

I guess if you can't eat what your body needs those are the best of the worst kind of food when you're starving, sure.
So no fruits, veggies, beans, nuts, rice or grains, just meat, poultry and fish? Science has proven thats the unhealthiest least sustainable diet period. It may be good for rapid weight loss but thats it. I havent met 1 person on a pure keto (0 carb) diet that can keep up with me for a 15 run.

I don't like big pharma one bit, but there is more than "it costs 89 cents to manufacture one dose".

It takes ungodly amounts of money to develop a new drug and get it approved. Most new drugs don't make to the end for one reason or another (or perhaps because they didn't grease the right palms in DC :flipoff2:)

All of this has to be paid for somehow.
Have you read The Real Anthony Fauci yet? Goes into quite a bit of detail on this crazy shit. Seems most of the research is actually done by the .gov agencies, then licensed to whichever drug company will give the biggest kickback to the .gov puke in charge. Then the FDA approves the drug after the licensee pays to prove its “safety”, and the drug company and the .gov puke that patented it get rich.

I don’t know the solution. But the drug companies pay a substantial portion of their “research” money to the fucked up system, not to new molecular research. They typically don’t even invent the molecule.

I guess everyone has forgotten about PhenFen.

People are dumb thinking a pill can make up for their crappy habits.

Talking to a friend of ours after I got my shit together and lost weight, and as a result my BP and cholesterol dropped.

He says "I have high cholesterol but just take a pill to control it."

Whatever...it's your body. Not like I want to live forever but I most certainly don't want to be taking drugs forever either.

Talking to a friend of ours after I got my shit together and lost weight, and as a result my BP and cholesterol dropped.

He says "I have high cholesterol but just take a pill to control it."

Whatever...it's your body. Not like I want to live forever but I most certainly don't want to be taking drugs forever either.
I’m not against drugs. I’m against the fact some people take no personal responsibility to help treat the ailments they have. And then wonder why pharmaceutical companies are making hand over fist in money.

I guess everyone has forgotten about PhenFen.

People are dumb thinking a pill can make up for their crappy habits.
First thing I said too.

I got yelled at by a guy when he told me his wife was going on it after their baby was born when I said a pill isn't the answer. Because I was thin I didn't know what I was talking about was his response. I also said I had a bad feeling about it, and she ended up with the heart issues within a few months.

My SIL and BIL are both going on it. My BIL is pre-diabetic and my SIL is just overweight and sedentary and complains about not being able to lose weight.

My sister in law just started on Ozempic. She's been sick as a damn dog to the point of being in and out of the hospital ever since including a couple of ER trips and a stint in the ICU. They're doing all these tests and did a CAT scan thinking it might be pancreatitis.

Dollars to donuts it'll end up being the Ozempic, the doctors just don't want to admit it because it's the new pharma cash cow.

It’s for lazy people. Wife has been taking it for 18 months with little progress. Won’t change her eating habits and won’t exercise.

She burps and throws up a lot of 2-3 day old nasty slow digested gray nasty shit.
All that shit is for lazy people. My SIL had already had stomach stapling before that. Ate right through that. The answer is always putting down the fork and getting your ass up and moving. But we are just preprogrammed to expect to be able to take a pill and just keep on with the same bad habits while expecting different results.

In her defense, she does have a super stressful job and probably puts in on average of 60 hours a week and a deadbeat husband she has to keep up while raising a kid. The poor girl has a ton on her plate but I hope this one is the final wakeup call on these weight loss short cuts. The juice ain't worth the squeeze. Just eat better and make the time to hop on an elliptical for 20-30 minutes a day and it would do wonders for her.

If you would just eat what your body needs, yu don't need to pump yourself full of weird, untested drugs designed to control you.

1 cup greens 1/2 cup each fresh fruit, dried fruit, raw veg, cooked veg
1 (ONE) slice of (real) bread, or 1/2 cup of pasta
1 cup milk
1/4 cup nuts, seeds, beans
1/4 lbs chicken or fish
and a tablespoon of oil
one small cookie or a tblsp. honey
1/4 cup soft drink

If you eat more - you get fat.

Meh...no red meat in that diet.

My sister in law just started on Ozempic. She's been sick as a damn dog to the point of being in and out of the hospital ever since including a couple of ER trips and a stint in the ICU. They're doing all these tests and did a CAT scan thinking it might be pancreatitis.

Dollars to donuts it'll end up being the Ozempic, the doctors just don't want to admit it because it's the new pharma cash cow.
Guy at work has the same story. Missed so much work, any company besides the one I work for would have fired him.

Just eat better and make the time to hop on an elliptical for 20-30 minutes a day and it would do wonders for her.
Lolno.

It takes serious calorie counting and more like an hour a day to lose dozens of pounds. And even then it'll get harder as the months go on as there's less easy weight to lose.

Lolno.

It takes serious calorie counting and more like an hour a day to lose dozens of pounds. And even then it'll get harder as the months go on as there's less easy weight to lose.
If you're on a timeline, not if you're going for long-term sustainable lifestyle change.

I don't think a lot of people realize how much food you can eat if you're eating clean. It takes a shit ton of grilled chicken breast, baked cod, green beans, broccoli, brussel sprouts, etc. to even get anywhere close to 2000 calories. Not to mention all of those years of shit diet and sedentary lifestyle has completely fucked up your metabolism. Try to go too hard out of the gate and you're probably gonna run out of gas and fall off the wagon. Just start by not eating like complete shit and committing to getting some exercise everyday.

Guy at work has the same story. Missed so much work, any company besides the one I work for would have fired him.
Nope, we got a few like that. I miss 2 days in 3 months and get written up. Charlie works 1 month a year... he's good. FMLA.
If you're on a timeline, not if you're going for long-term sustainable lifestyle change.

I don't think a lot of people realize how much food you can eat if you're eating clean. It takes a shit ton of grilled chicken breast, baked cod, green beans, broccoli, brussel sprouts, etc. to even get anywhere close to 2000 calories. Not to mention all of those years of shit diet and sedentary lifestyle has completely fucked up your metabolism. Try to go too hard out of the gate and you're probably gonna run out of gas and fall off the wagon. Just start by not eating like complete shit and committing to getting some exercise everyday.
Absofuckinglutely.

We eat shit. I/my family eats 100x better food than the average American, and we eat shit.

Just switching to meat/ chicken/ fish and vegetables and fruit only, while paying zero attention to calorie intake, the average American would lose 30lbs and could still eat beyond full every meal.

Nope, we got a few like that. I miss 2 days in 3 months and get written up. Charlie works 1 month a year... he's good. FMLA.

Absofuckinglutely.

We eat shit. I/my family eats 100x better food than the average American, and we eat shit.

Just switching to meat/ chicken/ fish and vegetables and fruit only, while paying zero attention to calorie intake, the average American would lose 30lbs and could still eat beyond full every meal.

Plus America needs to stop already with the fried foods and convenience foods.

Nuggets, cheese snacks, chips, microwave anything, hot dogs etc

Those square breakfast meals suck the proverbial wang as well. Cereal is WAY bad. Eggs ok, just not with sausage n tater garbage.

Those square breakfast meals suck the proverbial wang as well. Cereal is WAY bad. Eggs ok, just not with sausage n tater garbage.

You have to be more pacific. McDonalds Walmart Jimmy Dean sausage breakfast sausage? Or my home made deer meat breakfast sausage?

Yes the tater stuff is crap, zero fucks given- I'm eating it anyway. Besides, the average whale American isn't eating fatty home cooked stuff for breakfast... they're eating leftover Domino's or a 3rd of a box of Fruity Pebbles with 2 tablespoons extra sugar.

You have to be more pacific. McDonalds Walmart Jimmy Dean sausage breakfast sausage? Or my home made deer meat breakfast sausage?

Yes the tater stuff is crap, zero fucks given- I'm eating it anyway. Besides, the average whale American isn't eating fatty home cooked stuff for breakfast... they're eating leftover Domino's or a 3rd of a box of Fruity Pebbles with 2 tablespoons extra sugar.

If you aint introducing shit chemicals (processed salts as well) in the delicacy of you're said home brewed sausage, you are good. :laughing: Slicing dicing and other mechanical preparation doesn't produce unhealthy meat, like it can (destroy) fiber if you did it to vegs and fruits.

Nitrisos and nitrosamines (as by products of nitrites) is where the problems are with any processed meats. Hypertension, heart disease, pulmonary disease, stomach cancer, even butthole cancer are consistently linked with eating processed meats. Hey, i love me some Gallo dry salami and a fine quality Italian sausage. But i don't eat them (hardly) anymore.

Italian sausage
Bacon
Salami

Ya, i'll hit those approx once or twice a year. *Edit, and when i do, i won't eat them with any starches, only veg or fruit in combination with processed meat for me...

The first step to a healthy weight level is learning how and what to eat. Everybody I’ve seen that tried a weight loss product or surgery ended up putting all the weight back on because they didn’t change their eating habits.

If you lose the weight the hard way by changing your bad habits that got you there you’ll have a much higher success rate to keeping the weight off.
I believe sugar and carbs are the main cause of the obesity epidemic we have going on in the Country.
I stop at the gas station and look at what people are buying in the store, all junk food and their body shows it.
I told my kids to watch what the fat kids in school eat and they’ll see why they are fat. It worked and my kids learned early on to eat healthy.

All the fancy coffees people drink daily cant be helping either. Ever watch how many pumps of syrup they stick in a grande latte at Starbucks? I definitely enjoy one every once in awhile but get them half sweet. Normally I drink black coffee and once I got used to that I prefer it

Do you like it, and does it taste good? If so, its probably unhealthy.
Not necessarily.

Try this recipe out:

cut some fish filets (cod, swai, or even pike) into fingers
coat with flour
dip in egg
cover with unsweetened coconut

Pan fry in 1/4" canola oil over low heat, turn when golden brown. Don't overcrowd the pan to prevent the temp from falling too far.

Make a dip with some sweet chili sauce and your choice of orange marmalade or peach preserves.

Tastes great and healthy, all at once.
You'll never want to eat fish another way again.:grinpimp:

Top Back Refresh