What's new

Ozempic, wegovy, mounjaro

If you would just eat what your body needs, yu don't need to pump yourself full of weird, untested drugs designed to control you.

1 cup greens 1/2 cup each fresh fruit, dried fruit, raw veg, cooked veg
1 (ONE) slice of (real) bread, or 1/2 cup of pasta
1 cup milk
1/4 cup nuts, seeds, beans
1/4 lbs chicken or fish
and a tablespoon of oil
one small cookie or a tblsp. honey
1/4 cup soft drink

If you eat more - you get fat.

That wouldn't get me through to lunch. It's amazing, but different people have different requirements. 3-4000 calories a day is what it takes for me to maintain 170lbs at 6'1".

That wouldn't get me through to lunch. It's amazing, but different people have different requirements. 3-4000 calories a day is what it takes for me to maintain 170lbs at 6'1".
And everybody knows someone like you, that can eat anything and never gain weight. For some reason it's practically blasphemous to think there are other people that can't lose weight on 1500 calories.

A good friend of mine is 5'7" and struggles to maintain over 150lbs. 3k calories a day is his goal to just maintain that weight.

Has it occurred to you that even with "Eating Right" as you call it that some people's metabolism is such that we gain weight anyway? No because you are so full of yourself you have no idea what it's like . personally I have fought weight all my life other then in college when I lived in the gym for 2 hours a day ran 8 miles and lived on 2000 calories did I loose weight I don't know about you but that is not a life. :flipoff:

Yeah right.

It's me metabolism. :lmao:

Yeah right.

It's me metabolism. :lmao:
I'm not saying it isn't his case, but its hard not to scoff when you constantly see folks blaming metabolism or the oh-so-common "its my thyroid!" yet when you look in their grocery cart, its loaded with soda, chips, and processed, pre-cooked microwave meals...

Fuck it, you have your preconceived notions with no facts, I am tired of people who can eat what they want when they want and in quantities they want, trying to tell me that after 65 years I don't know how my body metabolism works! So go on pat yourselves on the back that you came into this thread to teach us how to loose weight, words that most of us have heard from every self important prick over,and over and then just go away :flipoff:

I'm not saying it isn't his case, but its hard not to scoff when you constantly see folks blaming metabolism or the oh-so-common "its my thyroid!" yet when you look in their grocery cart, its loaded with soda, chips, and processed, pre-cooked microwave meals...
you haven't ever seen my cart loaded with soda, or chips I'll admit to precooked microwave dinners because sometimes I just don't want to dirty up the kitchen especially now that mom is gone

Fuck it, you have your preconceived notions with no facts, I am tired of people who can eat what they want when they want and in quantities they want, trying to tell me that after 65 years I don't know how my body metabolism works! So go on pat yourselves on the back that you came into this thread to teach us how to loose weight, words that most of us have heard from every self important prick over,and over and then just go away :flipoff:

Didn't mean to hurt your feelings fat slow metabolism boy.

There may be some folks that can blame metabolism, genetics, disease, ect, for weight gain, but I believe most cannot.
Folks want meds for being fat, HBP, high cholesterol, ect. A lot of those folks could fix themselves through diet and exercise, but they don't. Everyone wants a quick and easy fix.

From the Mayo Clinic:

You might want to blame a medical condition for slow metabolism and weight gain. But rarely does a medical condition slow metabolism enough to cause a lot of weight gain. Conditions that can cause weight gain include Cushing syndrome or having an underactive thyroid gland, also known as hypothyroidism. These conditions are uncommon.

Many things affect weight gain. These likely include genes, hormones, diet and lifestyle, including sleep, physical activity and stress. You gain weight when you eat more calories than you burn — or burn fewer calories than you eat.

Some people seem to lose weight more quickly and more easily than others. But everyone loses weight by burning more calories than are eaten. The bottom line is calories count. To lose weight, you need to eat fewer calories or burn more calories through physical activity. Or you can do both.

Its like people hiring a contractor then trying to tell them how to do their job. Just because you think you know how it works, A doesn’t mean you are correct. B. doesn’t mean the way you know is the only way or the best way.

Friend of mine went to a dietitian and then proceeded to tell me I was wrong. I asked him if he asked if there were other diets that would work as well. Well turns out that yea diets are different for everyone. Shocking I know

I know that this isn't going to help out at all but...

User name checks out.

:flipoff2::laughing:
Actually I got the name on my first industrial electrician job, Meeker CO winter of 1990 I was still in body builder form, wide shoulders narrow waist 22 inch arms... add lots of heavy clothes to stay warm in sub zero temps and I was an even bigger human being.

Actually I got the name on my first industrial electrician job, Meeker CO winter of 1990 I was still in body builder form, wide shoulders narrow waist 22 inch arms... add lots of heavy clothes to stay warm in sub zero temps and I was an even bigger human being.

No butthurt for at least another decade tho, right?

Wife is on mounjaro for diabetes. Was on the ozempic but insurance changed and refused to cover it.
Her a1c has come down to non diabetic levels, and she has lost a bunch of weight.

We are both trying to lose a bunch of weight but i am just watching how much and what i eat.

when i smoked i could and would eat 6 to 8k calories a day, 6'1" 200#s. then I quit, i put on 45 pounds in 6 weeks. cut the food and got back to 220. then added it on slowly after that till i fucked my knee up, ballooned to 270. i usually cut the carbs and i can drop the weight easy enough. but i like drinking and that is when i stall out. today we are having pizza for lunch, i didn't eat breakfast and will probably skip dinner. i am amazed how much cash you can save not eating.

It worked for Mindy Kaling

Mindy-Kaling-before-and-after-weight-loss-photo.jpg

Do you fidget?

Fidget? Like squirm around and fiddle with a pencil?

No, I wear a 40lb tool belt and wrestle sheets of formply and 14' doug fir 2x4s 8 hrs a day out in the weather right now:laughing:.

However I've been out with injuries before and eat the same way and don't gain weight. Just got blessed with a full on high zoot racing metabolism. My wife is the opposite, small, healthy portions, and gym daily, and weight is slow to come off, and easy to put on.

I did bulk up to 180 a couple years back. Used mammoth mass, 2 shakes a day, good for an extra 3000 calories, took 3 months, and was in the gym 4-5 days a week. Covid kicked me outta the gym and I can't find the time to go back at it like I was, so back down to 170 for me.

I know there's plenty of pharmaceuticals to help me gain weight too, but they're hard on the liver and kidneys I hear:laughing:

wife has been taking for 6 months. she is in amazing shape.
I was in for checkup today, had a bunch of tests done. Dr. said, 'you know, other than being fat, you are in great shape, you wanna try it?'
I brought it home. I'd love to drop 40 lbs and get a little help doing it.

I switched doctors and the new doc prescribed mounjaro to help get my A1C and blood sugars in control. I've been on the med for about three weeks. Appetite has dropped a lot - I have to force myself to eat something small in the
That would be awesome. I hate being hungry and wasting time and money on food.

you haven't ever seen my cart loaded with soda, or chips I'll admit to precooked microwave dinners because sometimes I just don't want to dirty up the kitchen especially now that mom is gone
I do microwave meals cause it's cooked and forming a turd in under 5 mins.
Same with a sangwedge or bowel of salad.

My sister uses this for her diabetes, she said it has been hard to get with all the people using it to lose weight

I switched doctors and the new doc prescribed mounjaro to help get my A1C and blood sugars in control. I've been on the med for about three weeks. Appetite has dropped a lot - I have to force myself to eat something small in the morning or I wouldn't eat anything until 2PM.

Not sure where my sugar numbers are, but I have lost about 13 pounds so far...

How many people here are having issues because of these drugs now?

What dosages are you guys on?

I have been on 0.25mg Ozempic / week for a month and the doctor just upped it to 0.5mg because nothing was going on. Doctor said maybe I would start getting constipated to counteract the shit storms that the Metformin causes......

Top Back Refresh