What's new

Ozempic, wegovy, mounjaro

Socsmm6

Member Number
Anyone taking these injections for weightloss? Ozempic and and mounjaro is fda approved for type 2 diabetes. Wegovy is approved for weightloss. Wife is type 2 diabetic and has been taking ozempic for several months. She has lost over 50lbs and her a1c is back where it should be.
My insurance will cover the cost of wegovy for weightloss if you qualify, which I do. Apparently the starter doses for it are on nationwide back order. Supposed to be available to pharmacies within the first few weeks of January.
Just wondering if anyone has info on availability or side effects.

Medullary thyroid carcinoma (MTC), in humans as the human relevance of semaglutide-induced rodent thyroid C-cell tumors.

Quick net retrieval...

Also, web based...

20221220-195224.jpg

Wife and several friends are on mounjaro. All have lost significant weight, wife is down 22 lbs in less than 2 months. Only side effect is nausea usually the day after the injection. It seems sporadic, some weeks it happens others it doesn’t.

her First dose was pretty rough, the rest haven’t been too bad.

Mom is on ozempic for type 2, blood sugar back to where it should be and has also lost weight. Kinda not happy about dr prescribing it for weight loss, has created a shortage for those that need it for type 2. Mom had to wait an extra 2 weeks to get her prescription last time, goes right out as soon as the pharmacy gets it.

Wife and several friends are on mounjaro. All have lost significant weight, wife is down 22 lbs in less than 2 months. Only side effect is nausea usually the day after the injection. It seems sporadic, some weeks it happens others it doesn’t.

her First dose was pretty rough, the rest haven’t been too bad.
Wife got a little nausea a couple of times. Usually when the dosage went up. After the body adjusted to to it she hasnt had anymore problems.
She only eats a little of what she orders when we go out now. I end up eating it. Im getting fatter. Lol

Wife got a little nausea a couple of times. Usually when the dosage went up. After the body adjusted to to it she hasnt had anymore problems.
She only eats a little of what she orders when we go out now. I end up eating it. Im getting fatter. Lol
Same here. She hasn’t quite figured out how much to order yet. We’ve really cut back on eating out though. The need to finish her plate is strong. I can Tell when she’s full and have to kind of remind her it’s ok to stop. That has helped keep the nausea at bay most of the time.

Give up sugar and carbs and the for profit prescriptions are useless, the food pyramid was a scam to make the pharmaceutical companies rich
All of the ones i listed are outrageous in price. Ozempic has helped a lot of people with that are type 2 diabetic. These type meds seem to help extremely well with weight loss also. If it wasnt for my insurance covering the cost, it would not even be an option. Looks like it will be a while before a generic is available.
Giving up sugar and carbs, eat right and exercise etc are pretty easy to say and will work if you do it. Just not always easy to do. Genetics plays a big part in weight gain too.
I have done the sugar and carb thing before and lost weight. Just staying with it for several months gets old after a while.

I watch these adds for different meds and listen to the side effects and think, the cure sounds worse than the problem.

But… I am very healthy for my age so who am I to judge ¯\(ツ)
Often wondered the same. Lol
Saw a med for depression could cause depression, really?
Of course the meds like Tylenol, ibuprophen and others can cause some pretty rough side effects also.

I took it for a bit for weight loss. Made me incredibly sick taking half the starting dose. Full on explosive diarrhea and vomiting for 3 days straight. It gave me terrible nausea and horrible acid reflux and constant acid burps. Never lost a single pound on it. The only benefit I got from it was that I started sleeping clear through the night without having to wake up to pee.

I switched doctors and the new doc prescribed mounjaro to help get my A1C and blood sugars in control. I've been on the med for about three weeks. Appetite has dropped a lot - I have to force myself to eat something small in the morning or I wouldn't eat anything until 2PM. Even then, meals are small and I don't feel hungry enough to eat it all. I also have no desire to snack on all the carbs (pretzels, chips, etc.) that we seem to have in the office breakroom.

Side effects are nausea in the morning (like waking up in a bit of a fog), acid reflux pops up now and then, and some increase in burping. I

Not sure where my sugar numbers are, but I have lost about 13 pounds so far...

If you would just eat what your body needs, yu don't need to pump yourself full of weird, untested drugs designed to control you.

1 cup greens 1/2 cup each fresh fruit, dried fruit, raw veg, cooked veg
1 (ONE) slice of (real) bread, or 1/2 cup of pasta
1 cup milk
1/4 cup nuts, seeds, beans
1/4 lbs chicken or fish
and a tablespoon of oil
one small cookie or a tblsp. honey
1/4 cup soft drink

If you eat more - you get fat.

If your insulin stays low and you aren't eating carbs the water that's bound to the sugar in your system starts to go away. You'll get 5-15lbs of weight loss that's mostly water in a week or 3. Then the slow drag starts. You can eat more fat and low carbs (under 40g/day) to get your insulin response under control. Or you can use the meds to do it, and then rely on them to support your bad eating habits. You could use the meds to start with and transition to "low" carb for sustainability. The huge swings in blood glucose and the resulting huge swings in insulin are what fucks everything up long-term.

Give up sugar and carbs and the for profit prescriptions are useless, the food pyramid was a scam to make the pharmaceutical companies rich
I did this about 6 weeks ago, already lost about 15 lbs. Cut out carbs, 50% of the beer/booze, and I never really ate much sugar. I weighed myself this morning at 234, I was around 249 at the start of November.
If you would just eat what your body needs, yu don't need to pump yourself full of weird, untested drugs designed to control you.

1 cup milk
1/4 lbs chicken or fish
and a tablespoon of oil
1/4 cup soft drink

200.gif

1 cup milk
1/4 lbs chicken or fish
and a tablespoon of oil
1/4 cup soft drink

It's not that simple, especially when you're already fat and need to correct course.

It's not that simple, especially when you're already fat and need to correct course.
Or have a stupid fast or slow metabolism. I had to eat damn near 10,000 calories a day in high school and my early 20’s or I would begin to look unhealthy skinny. 2,500 calorie a day diet for me then? :lmao::lmao::lmao: I would have blown away in a windstorm even turned sideways. Now in my mid 40’s I eat about 2,500 calories a day and I have about 5-10 lbs to lose if im going to complain.

Or have a stupid fast or slow metabolism. I had to eat damn near 10,000 calories a day in high school and my early 20’s or I would begin to look unhealthy skinny. 2,500 calorie a day diet for me then? :lmao::lmao::lmao: I would have blown away in a windstorm even turned sideways. Now in my mid 40’s I eat about 2,500 calories a day and I have about 5-10 lbs to lose if im going to complain.
Sounds like me. Problem is that I didn't stop eating like that until I was almost 40, and by then, I was closing in on 250.

Nowadays I probably fluctuate between 3-4000 calories, but have disciplined myself to eat to sustain, not for pleasure. More food when active, less food when not.

Giving up sugar and carbs, eat right and exercise etc are pretty easy to say and will work if you do it. Just not always easy to do. Genetics plays a big part in weight gain too.
I have done the sugar and carb thing before and lost weight. Just staying with it for several months gets old after a while.
Thank you I am so tired of internet know it alls telling me how to loose weight as if I haven't tried all of them before :mad3:

Mounjaro/tirzepatide has better weight loss results, go with that one. I've been thinking about trying it out to help spur some fat loss. Haven't had much luck with anything else lately. Mostly due to lack of willpower. :homer:

Theres another one maybe coming out called bimagrumab that increases muscle along with fat loss that looks promising as well.

Wife took Ozempic for Type II diabetes for a while, but it didn't agree with her. It wound up slowing down her digestive process way too much, that food was backing up in her stomach and wound up puking a lot. I can see where the weight loss angle comes in, as she did become less hungry; but the side effects were not so good.

She now on daily insulin shots which seem to agree better with her.

Wife took Ozempic for Type II diabetes for a while, but it didn't agree with her. It wound up slowing down her digestive process way too much, that food was backing up in her stomach and wound up puking a lot. I can see where the weight loss angle comes in, as she did become less hungry; but the side effects were not so good.

She now on daily insulin shots which seem to agree better with her.
That is just fucked up. That is the OPPOSITE of what she needs!

Mounjaro/tirzepatide has better weight loss results, go with that one. I've been thinking about trying it out to help spur some fat loss. Haven't had much luck with anything else lately. Mostly due to lack of willpower. :homer:

Theres another one maybe coming out called bimagrumab that increases muscle along with fat loss that looks promising as well.
I saw mounjaro had better results but as of right now its not approved for weight loss so my insurance wont cover it as i am not diabetic. I think it will be approved later on in 2023

After ~ 2.5 months on Mounjaro, my A1C dropped from 9.0 to 6.9.

As realsquash said, weight loss was pretty dramatic at first - dropped from 248 to 228 in about a month, then stayed there. The lack of appetite probably didn't help as most days I struggle to eat more than 1,000 calories as there just isn't any desire to eat anything much before noon, or to snack out on stuff during the day. I'm also pretty sure I need to increase water intake, I just have to force myself to remember.

Original symptoms I mentioned above did not change much, but when the weight loss leveled off, I had less gas/burping episodes. Still feel hazy a bit in the morning, and get occasional indigestion, but that does not last too long.

In the last week or so, gas/burping has increased and I dropped down to 220, so I think the weight loss portion of the cocktail is kicking in again.

Will see what the doctor says in my next visit with respect to continuing the treatment for a while. in the meantime, it seems like I owe to to myself to get moving a little more and increasing the physical activities.

Wife is down 40. She had a 3 week plateau on weight too. Seems to be pretty common.

Not eating a big meal before the injection has solved the nausea/throwing up the day after. She had a 3 month checkup and doc said all was good.

Has it ever occurred to you people to eat right and exercise to maintain a healthy weight?

Everyone wants a quick easy fix. :shaking:

Why not take a drug to stop being a lazy sloth?
Has it occurred to you that even with "Eating Right" as you call it that some people's metabolism is such that we gain weight anyway? No because you are so full of yourself you have no idea what it's like . personally I have fought weight all my life other then in college when I lived in the gym for 2 hours a day ran 8 miles and lived on 2000 calories did I loose weight I don't know about you but that is not a life. :flipoff:

Top Back Refresh