What's new

New Scout

Thanks. I did it. Goal is to be sitting on its wheels Sunday night
IMG_0177.jpeg
Looking at this pic and it seems like a recipe for a big rock to catch and rip that right off the frame. Why not flip it around and and then plate the back so rocks would slide over it and onto the leaf spring?

IMG_0177.jpeg

Looking at this pic and it seems like a recipe for a big rock to catch and rip that right off the frame. Why not flip it around and and then plate the back so rocks would slide over it and onto the leaf spring?
That's very true, the stock ones are known to rip off the frame in the same spot.
Binder Boneyard sells some gussets to go in behind the stock spring hangers to prevent it.

I'm sure you could add a piece of cut angled tube behind it.

IMG_0177.jpeg
I had to put it this way. Had I turned it around the rear shackle hanger would have been completely off the back. We will do something to make a ramp. Thanks

That's very true, the stock ones are known to rip off the frame in the same spot.
Binder Boneyard sells some gussets to go in behind the stock spring hangers to prevent it.

I'm sure you could add a piece of cut angled tube behind it.
The stock ones will rip off with a wet fart.

Some boxing/plating will be good enough for that new hanger. If that new hanger has a lip where it is set outside of the frame, you can take some plate from that hanger to the frame and weld it there too. I believe there should be some lip where the hanger sits, if I remember correctly I had to space my hangars a bit off the frame for the full width axle perch spacing.

What are the plans for a fuel tank? Fuel cell in the bed? Does not seem like you have enough room for a tank behind the axle with the stretch. Or are you going to keep the saddle tanks?

I built a tank for the rear. Total of 19 gallons. We will use the saddle tanks connected to a electric pump to transfer to the main tank.

Top Back Refresh