What's new

New Scout

Going SOA? But want less overall lift? I don't see an issue with it if you French them in.

Going SOA? But want less overall lift? I don't see an issue with it if you French them in.
Thanks. I did it. Goal is to be sitting on its wheels Sunday night
IMG_0177.jpeg

That Affordable Bender is sweet, is that the 1 1/2” version? How do you like it?

That Affordable Bender is sweet, is that the 1 1/2” version? How do you like it?
I have the 1 1/2 and 1 3/4 dies. It works, it’s pretty tough to bend dom. I had to replace all the bolts with larger grade 8 as it bent the originals.

1000002677.jpg
Nice work, far nicer than what I just did yesterday with a sawsall, channel locks and a hammer...

Looks good. I am going to have to redo the rear fenders on mine, the tires like to get into them when it flexes out. How far is the front axle moved forward? You might have issues clearing the rear of the fender while turning.

Looks good! Everyone here talked me out of dual straight bars like that but I think it looks great.

They talked me into this.

Attachments

• 20230404_101019.jpg
    20230404_101019.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 10
The kid wanted straight bars for an overhead console. I could get rid of the rear bars and x it. The rear opening is for a back seat access.

DOM or ERW? Just bought some 1.75”x .219” DOM for my rock sliders and it was $12/ft. I wanted .188 but they were out and they were also out of .250 wall. So I got the oddball wall thickness.

DOM or ERW? Just bought some 1.75”x .219” DOM for my rock sliders and it was $12/ft. I wanted .188 but they were out and they were also out of .250 wall. So I got the oddball wall thickness.
I run the trail gear 58" 1.75 120 wall 1035 DOM and been beating them hard for 4 years. 220 wall is going to be beef.

Dom 1.75x120 .

I have a dilemma. How do I mount the bumper? Shackle bushing is just outside of the frame end so I have to support it. Then how to mount the bumper? Weld it? What is your opinion?
IMG_0253.jpeg
IMG_0252.jpeg

Can you just use the 4x4 tube as the bumper and frame support? Or do you have an extra bumper to add to that?

Or just cut some 2 or 3" frame extensions from that tube inline with stock frame? Plate it?

Top Back Refresh