What's new

New Scout

cagcig

Member Number
Loc
Brentwood CA
Look what I dragged home. 350, sm465, 203,205 doubler and no rust to speak of. Ps and brakes. And we already have it running.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpeg
    IMG_0002.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 261
Kid was off work today so we cut out the old cage and 4” pipe air tank sliders. Got the leaking clutch slave and master cylinder’s out.

Attachments

• IMG_0016.jpeg
    IMG_0016.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0015.jpeg
    IMG_0015.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0019.jpeg
    IMG_0019.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 37
Some of the ghetto fab on the front axle. Pinion is pointing at the engine.
That's friggen retarded. That's got sooo much negative caster it would never drive in a straight line. Hence the 2 stabilizers... Someone was drunk.

Some of the ghetto fab on the front axle. Pinion is pointing at the engine.
Why buy a reverse shackle kit when you could just flip the springs around... Mine had some 12 inch long front shackles with some grade 5 bolts. Was barely able to flat tow it the mile down the road to my shop. Looks like someone had already swapped in a set of decent axles though.

14 bolt rear and 44 front. We found a Ford d60 to re tube later. The other one was the first thing I put together for my oldest. That was on the other site.

Ok, so how do you post larger photos on your phone? I just attach files from my photo gallery.

Ok, so how do you post larger photos on your phone? I just attach files from my photo gallery.
The mobile version is dumb sometimes it will give you the option after the photos upload to insert full image. Most times it don't show up and you have to go back in and edit the post to see the option.

Ok, so tell me I’m dumb. Spring pack is too soft. Springs are 2 1/2 I have an old set of Bronco springs that are 2 1/4. How big of a deal would that 1/4 of an inch be in the spring pack be if I added 1 or 2?

Why go through the trouble of changing drive train and not move it forward. Don’t know if I want to go through all this. Maybe just get it together and run it for next summer then address it. Maybe the kids will have more time to invest in it.
IMG_0155.jpeg
IMG_0156.jpeg

Top Back Refresh