Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Latest posts

Latest photos

Group events

Irate Motorcycle Group.

New Bike Review: Orange Flavor Buck-Fiddy

Curious as well. Buddy just grabbed a new 300xc and he wont shut up about the damn thing:laughing:
That's because they're fast as fuck boiiiiii :flipoff2:

Not sure if some of the stuff is trickling down to the XC-Ws this year yet, but it seems like the SX and XC are going back to coil forks for '24, which is cool. I'm not a fan of the plastic subframe either, but then again I'm usually not the type to bend/break subframes.

I've seen only one time a new TBI had tuning issues (fouled plug during warmup), but 2 stroke guys will bitch about tuning and maintenance like Arse bitches about toyotas.

He was bragging the bike up, and then after 2 rides he showed up with a RK head on it:lmao:

I dont think I would buy another XCW. Have bent my subframe twice, but I try not to do that!

The TBI bikes are still super lean for emissions and have had some ECU/electric power valve issues. Maybe those were early production bikes, as they seem like typical first year issues. And not 100% of bikes, but I saw enough complaints to see a pattern last fall/winter. I'm never a proponent of "first year of a new model" anything so hopefully 2024 bikes have some improved parts over the 2023 bikes.

I 100% agree though, they are FAST AF. Some say almost too aggressive for tech trail riding. But the map switch helps with that if needed.

I'm curious about the new closed cartridge fork on the 24 XCW's. It will be inherently firmer on damping which will be nice for fast riding, but hopefully not too harsh on slower or flowy tech that an XCW is designed for.

I think the XC and SX did go back to spring forks. Sucks for those who bought a 23 and are still having fork issues...

I got out for some trail braaps over the weekend. It was amazing and reinforced that I made the right call to get back on a KTM. This 150 is perfect with the TSP parts/tune on it. It's been a while since I rode my old 200, but it definitely didn't hit as hard as this 150.

This was also my first full trail ride from my driveway. I only have to renegade up 1mi of asphalt and then I'm cruising on gravel roads for 5mi to the trails. It was even great just to cruise and get out in the woods.

PXL_20230611_195036294.jpg

PXL_20230611_195053109.jpg

PXL_20230611_215330538.jpg

And for those who care, my Tacoma sold to a friend of a friend locally. I gave him a killer deal on every part, special tool, material, and spare I had for it. It's nice to have that end of the KTM deal wrapped up (mainly because it was the agreement with my wife) as well as having shop space again.

Last edited:
I got out for some trail braaps over the weekend. It was amazing and reinforced that I made the right call to get back on a KTM. This 150 is perfect with the TSP parts/tune on it. It's been a while since I rode my old 200, but it definitely didn't hit as hard as this 150.

This was also my first full trail ride from my driveway. I only have to renegade up 1mi of asphalt and then I'm cruising on gravel roads for 5mi to the trails. It was even great just to cruise and get out in the woods.

PXL_20230611_195036294.jpg

PXL_20230611_195053109.jpg

PXL_20230611_215330538.jpg
If I were to ride mostly woods and the hare and hound in the woods, swamps like I did in Florida, that 150 would be the ultimate bike. Light bikes are so much easier to get out of the mud, lol.

If I were to ride mostly woods and the hare and hound in the woods, swamps like I did in Florida, that 150 would be the ultimate bike. Light bikes are so much easier to get out of the mud, lol.

The weight difference absolutely helps when you have to manhandle the bike!

Did going to the 52t sprocket effect the top speed much? Seems like sometimes it really slows a bike down.

What was the turn around time for the Head/Tune?

Did going to the 52t sprocket effect the top speed much? Seems like sometimes it really slows a bike down.

What was the turn around time for the Head/Tune?

I never topped it out with the stock 50t 48t, shit I don't think I ever got it out of second gear before I swapped to the 52t. It's a 3.9% 7.7% reduction in top speed just by the gearing after the swap. With the 52t I can run it at 45mph all day long and at 50mph the revs are getting up there for cruising. So with the 50t 48t that would increase to 52mph 55mph. I've never actually tapped it out in 6th gear though.

It's a lighter bike so a bit less stable than a 300, and in my neck of the woods I never top it out anyway aside from a rare straight road section here and there. The engine likes to rev so first gear is still usable, and with the engine mods it lugs well enough that I rarely stall it (and when I do it's my fault).

I sent my ECU on a Friday and it was delivered to SB Moto the following Tuesday. They flashed the ECU that day, packed and shipped everything out on Wednesday, and I got it all back on Friday.

Edit: stock is a 50t, not 48t...

Last edited:
48? Mine came 13/50:laughing: pulled pretty good up to 60mph today. If I could get 50 out of it without wringing the shit out of it I would be happy. Some pretty good sections of road between a few trails.

I just checked some specs, KTM says that with stock gearing the 23 150 XC-W tops out at 73mph. So 6th gear with the engine screaming at the 10k RPM limiter.

Daaaaamn. :lmao:

So I guess with the 52t, you could hit 70mph 67mph.

Edit: stock is 50t, so 70mph would be the tapped out top speed.

Last edited:
This is it?

I just checked some specs, KTM says that with stock gearing the 23 150 XC-W tops out at 73mph. So 6th gear with the engine screaming at the 10k RPM limiter.

Daaaaamn. :lmao:

So I guess with the 52t, you could hit 67mph.

Yea but they are planning on some 87lb european on the thing. They arent thinking about a corn fed white boy:lmao:

48? Mine came 13/50:laughing: pulled pretty good up to 60mph today. If I could get 50 out of it without wringing the shit out of it I would be happy. Some pretty good sections of road between a few trails.

Oh yeah, it can hit 50 especially with the richer ECU map 2 from TSP. That's what I run for cruising the roads.

Now that you mention it, I think it may have had a 50t stock... I should double check that. In that case it would only be a 3.9% reduction in top speed.

Yea but they are planning on some 87lb european on the thing. They arent thinking about a corn fed white boy:lmao:

😂 True, I guess I'm halfway there as a skinny 160lb Murrican...

This is it?

Yep! Add in the optional Injector Relocation Kit, head gasket kit, and spare spark plug, and that's what my bike has.

Did you end up getting a new 150?

Yea, not sure what happend:laughing: dropped off my suspension for a rebuild and they had a '23
150 xcw for 8k. Drug my feet for a couple hours before I went back:lmao:

Yea, not sure what happend:laughing: dropped off my suspension for a rebuild and they had a '23
150 xcw for 8k. Drug my feet for a couple hours before I went back:lmao:

Hell yeah!!! That's a great price, now is definitely the time to pick up a 23.

Oh and you're right about the sprocket, mine also came with 13/50. Derp. I bought the KTM Supersprox 52t with the bike and swapped it out ASAP.

Oh, and you'll want some type of ECU map switch. The OEM KTM one is cool but too expensive for what it is. SB Moto sells one for $35 that's a good option.

Is there actually a difference between the two settings?

Can you just unplug something like the older bikes?

Is there actually a difference between the two settings?

Can you just unplug something like the older bikes?

Yes, it's still the plug under the tank. On the stock KTM tune the difference is minimal. Unless you're in really slick terrain I'd just leave it plugged in.

With the TSP tune/head/IRK setup the difference is very noticable. Map 2 is super smooth and even power, like the stock ECU tune but better. Map 1 is the aggressive "whole new bike" feeling setting. Map 2 also has richer fueling and is recommended by TSP for sustained higher-rev riding like roads or sand. I keep mine on Map 2 for the roads, and flip to Map 1 for most trails. I ended up down a really powdery hill and Map 2 helped to get up it because there was little traction to be found.

10-4

Swapped power valve springs around yet?

Negative. I haven't felt the need to honestly. Mine was set at 0.32mm below flush from the dealership and still is. Steve from TSP actually prefers it turned out a bit on 150s for more aggressive early opening of the valve. But that's for faster hare scramble/gncc style racing.

The 150 comes with the progressive steel spring from what I saw in parts diagrams. It feels good on this engine.

Yea on the 300 I run the red spring backed out flush. Seems like more power faster, with less of a hit.... Obviously different bike though

Yea on the 300 I run the red spring backed out flush. Seems like more power faster, with less of a hit.... Obviously different bike though

From what Steve shared with me, this bike needs to be thought of more like a big 125 and tuned accordingly. Though I have no problem riding it in the 2500-5000 RPM rev range on tech trails to stay just below the PV opening.

Were you able to stuff that 52t sprocket in with the factory chain, or did you have to swap that out too? Looks like its goona be close

Were you able to stuff that 52t sprocket in with the factory chain, or did you have to swap that out too? Looks like its goona be close

It works for me. I ran it with the stock tire and my current GT333N 110/100. I have the swingarm saver wheel and the tire occasionally brushes the mud flap, but it works.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh